2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe its dumb yeah but I want us to try our best

We won't get a better opportunity than this weird season. And only a quick overhaul of this squad will work. If you standstill then your best players want to leave and we only have a few!

Top 6 has to be the target this year but you can't lose 3 in a row to these sort of teams and finish that high. Theres time to turn it round but it has to start very soon and we cant have another bad run of 1 point from 12.
This.

It's a season with so much risk but so much opportunity.

It all plays into one but we took a stupid risk and then it's come back to bite us.

Having to drop to the players that have proved to be tosh after a few players getting either injured or suspended played its part in crap displays against S'ton and Newcastle and then, by the time we do get our better players back into contention, we have little choice but to throw them back into a team severely lacking confidence.

I expect fans, to an extent, to be happy when the first XI is playing brilliantly etc not to see that we needed more. But the club should have done and they failed. It was worth taking the risk financially this season to push us on. Worst comes to worst and we invested £40 or £50m in a better forward to add another option, and it didn't get us Europe, then we have sellable assets to cover it next year.

I just find it so frustrating.

And we now have real defensive issues which, as Carlo says, are more about how the team defend.

No excusing the 2 goals today though. No one picked up Fernándes for the first one he was standing for ages and then made the run. Rashford the same for the second . No one talking or taking responsibility

I don't understand the idea of letting a wide player cross the ball. Baines used to do it. Coleman now.

Just close it down. If you get done, that's fine. If you give a foul away, it happens. Just don't let them cross the ball

Needs another window to sort the defence, everybody forgets how average defence has been this season and we've only won the games we did because our attacking plastered over the defensive cracks, soon as richarlison disappears and James not playing 100% we lack the goals needed to overcome the defensive frailties

Be interesting to see how much game time Godfrey gets / who ends up being out main centre back pairing this season... one thing you’d get with Godfrey and holgate up there is an ability to play a higher line.

Needs to move allan up i think maybe get Godfrey or davies as the DCM .. near the end of the game allan was a threat driving forward anything is better then sig as the number 10

spineless coward
I think this is one of the issues, I think we need a proper number 6 hopefully Gbamin can be that man. Maybe play a diamond system, with Allan right Doucoure left, and James at the tip. And play 2 upfront.

Maybe holgate could play the 6 role for a while.

Needs another window to sort the defence, everybody forgets how average defence has been this season and we've only won the games we did because our attacking plastered over the defensive cracks, soon as richarlison disappears and James not playing 100% we lack the goals needed to overcome the defensive frailties
We just spent 25m on a new central defender

That's a bit of a myopic view. We would have been totally screwed had Moyes not build up the club with 20p and a Mars bar wrapper as his transfer fund!
You are quoting a Manager who walked out on us ...his we take a knife to a gunfight summed him up - what's he done for other clubs since ?
It's a part of our history - we have to look forwards - yes celebrate the trophy winning managers by all means ......

Could maybe try 3-5-2 formation.
Olsen
Holgate Keane Godfrey.
Coleman James Allan doncure digne
Richie DCL
We have pace on either side with holgate and Godfrey. Both ball playing who can also bring it out. Gives us more passing options. Gives the opposition something to think about with 2 up top. Get James central so he sees more off the ball. Something different. I like 433 but still think we are lacking 2-3 starters in that system.

Same again. Slow disorganised, off the pace and frankly disinterested. It is what Carlo does. A very good manager in Europe but poor in the League.

Look at the side he had at Milan a team of absolute superstars, from 04-05 they finished 2 ,3 ,4 and 5th.

Look at Madrid in 13-14 a team of superstars that won the Champions League but finished 3rd in La liga.

Sacked at Bayern with them in 3rd, sacked at Napoli with them in 7th but doing well in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back