Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conte would probably leave after 18 months though. He hasn't stayed anywhere for any length of time at any point of his managerial career. I really don't see why he would be a good fit for us because we need lots of long term work.
I don't think he'd come here anyway. I'm more illustrating that I think his style of management is what we need.

I see your point, but I'm just looking at it from a tactical point of view. Our low block and counter style of play that we only implement away from home is effective.
And it will be less effective when crowds are back in.

Or it won't and we will continue being garbo at home too.

I don't think he'd come here anyway. I'm more illustrating that I think his style of management is what we need.

I think he's a brilliant manager, but we are probably not a club where you can walk in and get success year 1. I don't think he would stay long enough to get us competing. We need a long term period of progression, and Conte is usually only at a club 2 seasons. I'm very happy with Ancelotti right now.

I think he's a brilliant manager, but we are probably not a club where you can walk in and get success year 1. I don't think he would stay long enough to get us competing. We need a long term period of progression, and Conte is usually only at a club 2 seasons. I'm very happy with Ancelotti right now.
But he does have a history of progression which is nice.

Again I'm more on about how Conte does things. He plays a system and he doesn't waiver. He wouldn't come here and play 4-4-2 for a bit or something. We'd play his system and he'd recruit to that system which I really think we need. He'd give us a direction.

On top of that we know his style of play works. It worked here. It works in Italy. It would work at Everton because it doesn't require a whole team of excellent technical players to work. It also is flexible without requiring massive changes. Go to City and the formation is the same as home to Sheffield United. We can change the aggression level as needed but the basics are always solid and it allows a continuity that can have us punching above our individual talents.

If you can't tell I really like Conte at least on the field. Off is a different story.

Honestly sometimes I'm ashamed to be an Everton fan when I read some of the drivel on here. How can some of youse genuinely be suggesting that we should get a new manager in?

This one has won it all and after just a season and half has taken us from a team with the qualities for relegation to a top-half side with genuine European/top 4 ambitions. He has clearly started to build for the future, with some well balanced and astute additions coupled with clear improvements in the games of a select few in the existing squad. Not to mention having to manage the team and represent the club in the midst of a global pandemic, and do it with grace, humility and confidence.

And youse want him out? Get a grip and go and support some dead emotionless team like Watford instead.

Rome wasn't built in a day, but some of you want success and want it now, or else. An emblem of today's internet-fuelled, convenience culture. Psh

Honestly sometimes I'm ashamed to be an Everton fan when I read some of the drivel on here. How can some of youse genuinely be suggesting that we should get a new manager in?

This one has won it all and after just a season and half has taken us from a team with the qualities for relegation to a top-half side with genuine European/top 4 ambitions. He has clearly started to build for the future, with some well balanced and astute additions coupled with clear improvements in the games of a select few in the existing squad. Not to mention having to manage the team and represent the club in the midst of a global pandemic, and do it with grace, humility and confidence.

And youse want him out? Get a grip and go and support some dead emotionless team like Watford instead.

Rome wasn't built in a day, but some of you want success and want it now, or else. An emblem of today's internet-fuelled, convenience culture. Psh
It's funny because Carlo is the one signing 29 year old players to try and make an immediate run at Europe and I'm sat he suggesting taking a longer term approach instead and mostly disapproving of Carlo's refusal to do that. But I'm a spoiled brat who wants it now, not Carlo and crucially Moshiri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back