2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a better team than Leicester prior to Rodgers joining. Finishing places speak for themselves.

Not to mention how they have lost Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell and just got on with it through good recruitment.

We’re paying Ancelotti more in wages than Rodgers is getting and we’re spending more money than Leicester in the transfer market.

Time to start improving or we know which way this will go and it’ll be Ancelotti getting the sack.

The evidence just doens't show that though does it? We were eft in the bottom 3 under mthe previous manager. Leicester were half way up the league. In his first season Rodgers finished below us. Last season his 2nd (and first full season) they finished what, 5th or 6th and did really well. Lets see how we do this season.

I'd also add, your point about DCL is a good one. However when Ancelotti arived he was good, but not the elite level he's now at. That's down to Ancelotti. He's built him into the best number 9 in the league.

We had a better team than Leicester prior to Rodgers joining. Finishing places speak for themselves.

Not to mention how they have lost Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell and just got on with it through good recruitment.

We’re paying Ancelotti more in wages than Rodgers is getting and we’re spending more money than Leicester in the transfer market.

Time to start improving or we know which way this will go and it’ll be Ancelotti getting the sack.
For starting 11 vs 11 I would say we have the much better squad now for squad depth I think Leicester are absolutely miles ahead of us.
Also when you compare us to these teams they are not weighed down by having players like Bolasie Siggy Sandro and the rest of them, We've had to buy 3 starting new midfielders this summer because our midfield was so crap last year.
We're so far behind the likes of Wolves and Leicester because our squad has been such an unbalanced mess for years.

For starting 11 vs 11 I would say we have the much better squad now for squad depth I think Leicester are absolutely miles ahead of us.
Also when you compare us to these teams they are not weighed down by having players like Bolasie Siggy Sandro and the rest of them, We've had to buy 3 starting new midfielders this summer because our midfield was so crap last year.
We're so far behind the likes of Wolves and Leicester because our squad has been such an unbalanced mess for years.

Exactly this.
Anyone who thought this was a quick fix has rocks in their head.
This wasnt some decent squad that needed tinkering.
It was an ubalanced mess of 5 years of two previous managers.

Disagree. Leicester were under the grip of a dour negative manager who as soon as he got sacked a manager came in and got what was more realistic performances. Leicester fans knew it. He was suffocating a decent team.
Youve just answered the question. They recruited well. We recruited awful. Ancelloti never recruited them.
He needs two more windows at least to get in players from, your own words, awful recruitment.
So it’s Brands who should leave?

The evidence just doens't show that though does it? We were eft in the bottom 3 under mthe previous manager. Leicester were half way up the league. In his first season Rodgers finished below us. Last season his 2nd (and first full season) they finished what, 5th or 6th and did really well. Lets see how we do this season.

I'd also add, your point about DCL is a good one. However when Ancelotti arived he was good, but not the elite level he's now at. That's down to Ancelotti. He's built him into the best number 9 in the league.
The facts speak for themselves. Rodgers came into a bigger mess than what Carlo did based on full season results.

I’m sure Silva would have said he could’ve turned it around last season if given the time.

I think we have to accept that we are still a work in progress. Ideally we are still in the places for Europe when the transfer window opens at which point we can hopefully get the right players in to strengthen the squad as a whole. It's not all about the first team and it is going to take time. I'd rather we bought one or two quality players, as we did in the summer then just say our team is bad and panic buy; that'd leave us no better off than we are now.

So to be clear, Without Rico Carlo can’t set up a side to win games

Sound

Yep wierd take by people this. Imagine had Richarlison gone in the summer? We would be fighting for 14th again would the same people be letting him off then. God help us if he leaves tgis summer

Yes its one window, yes he does need more of his own players. But just writing defeats off as the players arnt good enough is a joke. Yes maybe you can say that against City, Liverpool, Chelsea, maybe even Spurs, Leicester & Arsenal and Utd (as they still have top quality players)

But this was against Newcastle and Southampton. He's paid a lot of money to get results against these teams.

people suggesting people like the manager of Southampton... he could quite easily be the next wilder or even koeman... Carlo has won it all and deserves to have enough time to recruit his own team. At some point you have to put the money on the table and bet on a hand. You have to be willing to go all the way in. If a 3 time cl winning manager and multiple champion in multiple countries and leagues isn’t the man... I don’t know who is.
As mentioned, Ancelotti needs time and it is too early to conclude. But in terms of football, my preference is more Ralph than Carlo. It's about football philosophy. But it would be crazy not to give Ancelotti more time, and the club needs stability.

So it’s Brands who should leave?

Certainly an option.
The point is you are comparing teams that were quite clearly better set up than us and blaming ancelloti for not doing the same.
When anyone with eyes in their head knew the problems at Everton.
This is no quick fix for that. No thought has gone into Everton for the past 5 years when it came to buying players.

Certainly an option.
The point is you are comparing teams that were quite clearly better set up than us and blaming ancelloti for not doing the same.
When anyone with eyes in their head knew the problems at Everton.
This is no quick fix for that. No thought has gone into Everton for the past 5 years when it came to buying players.
They weren’t better set up, though, that’s the issue. I’ve just given you the facts of their positions and you’re coming up with a hypothetical scenario.

Ancelotti is one of the best paid managers in world football and has the luxury of spending £25m for players who won’t even start games.

Fix it soon, and that means getting us Europe, or leave. It’s that simple.

Carlo is here for the money. Massive income boost before retiring and all you have to do
is talk up the team and then let the scam die naturally. Capello - he of England fame - gave him the playbook.

Discuss

They weren’t better set up, though, that’s the issue. I’ve just given you the facts of their positions and you’re coming up with a hypothetical scenario.

Ancelotti is one of the best paid managers in world football and has the luxury of spending £25m for players who won’t even start games.

Fix it soon, and that means getting us Europe, or leave. It’s that simple.

Yes they were. And ive gave you reasons why. Its not as black and white as you are claiming. Did you not see at the the time leicester fans calling for his head at sticking vardy on the bench. A dangerous pest of a striker and he didnt know how to set up and use him.
They were better. Simple as that. They just needed to get rid of a dour manager to prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back