2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s been here a year, not 5 minutes.

Look at the way Brendan Rodgers has Leicester. They’re miles ahead.

Also, Ancelotti is the one who is picking Pickford. Olsen should have remained in goal for this game, given the two Newcastle goals weren’t his fault.

This could be a blip or it could be Ancelotti nearing the end of his time of being a top manager. We’ll know more over the next few weeks with easier fixtures and the player we can’t win without being back.

For £11m a year, we deserve a lot more than what we are seeing.

But Leicester arent miles ahead are they? They have had an easier set of fixtures than us and are a couple of points ahead.

Rodgers also took over a team that was in better shape than we were. Hes also into his 3rd year, Ancelotti is not yet 1 year in.

The fact we are at or about where Leicester are, at this stage is down to the manager.

But Leicester arent miles ahead are they? They have had an easier set of fixtures than us and are a couple of points ahead.

Rodgers also took over a team that was in better shape than we were. Hes also into his 3rd year, Ancelotti is not yet 1 year in.

The fact we are at or about where Leicester are, at this stage is down to the manager.
Leicester have a stronger squad than us imo. Our first XI is competitive but the squad depth, as we all knew, is appalling. More time needed to address that.

Have to wonder why we are still going on about Koeman.

He signed Keane, Gylfi and Pickford, all still here and regular starters under all managers since.

the rest of his buys are mainly gone and forgotten.

Well as a direct response to someone about martinez and koeman. I dont think martinez comes into it. The knock on from koeman and silva combined though has been tough. The players you mentioned are nearly 30% of the starting line up up until sigurdsson only started getting benched this season. Thats a lot of the team to be so weak. Esp pickford. No team can thrive with weak keeper.
We are only 6 or 7 games into a season with a few of the new managers signings.
So we are still basucaly talking koemans and silvas legacy.

I would keep Carlo but Brands has to go - blokes done nothing but sign absolute wasters.

Gomes
Delph
Iwobi
Kean
Mina
Gbamin?
Doucoure?
Godfrey?

When will people open their eyes and realise until we get rid of that divvy we could have Houdini as manager and nothing will change.

Although Carlo has to sort out the defence and stop playing Gomes/Siggurdsson in midfield whilst James is out wide.

He had two seasons at Madrid he finished 3rd and 2nd in La Liga. What really cost him was a UEFA report that showed Madrid did far less training than their rivals.

It wasn't a one off Bayern's players arranged their own training sessions because Carlo's were too easy.

Carlo's reply.

"Most sessions are with the ball. But I don't like to do a lot of running without the ball," he told kicker. "Besides, in a typical session, my players average 6000 or 7000 metres running -- that's enough. "I'm not a coach, who kills his players in training.

"In Spain there's a saying 'Demasiada agua mata la planta' -- which means 'Too much water kills plants' -- it's like that with training too. Training sessions are important, but they must be in the right proportion. You can train hard but you also need to give the body a chance to recover."

We just got outworked by a United team that played away in Europe in mid week. Southampton outworked us so did Newcastle. The longer Carlo spends at a Club the more the fitness levels drop. Compare that to how hard the players worked under Dunc.

Well a couple of points on this. Firstly who's to say hes not correct re training (if its true)? It seems logical there is a cut off point, before you start damaging morale and fitness of players. His cut off point may have been lesser than most managers but who's to say he is wrong?

Look at this record. He won the double at Bayern, and won the CL while getting to top 2 finish at Madrid (while being in the same league as the best team in the world at that moment, Barcelona).

We have been poor the last 3 games. In a lot of cases we have missed key players. In 2 of those 3 games we have played good sides, and when we are not at our best we lose. There was no problem being it worked in the first 7 games of the season though. So I'm not sure why its suddenly emerged now?

I would keep Carlo but Brands has to go - blokes done nothing but sign absolute wasters.

Gomes
Delph
Iwobi
Kean
Mina
Gbamin?
Doucoure?
Godfrey?

When will people open their eyes and realise until we get rid of that divvy we could have Houdini as manager and nothing will change.

Although Carlo has to sort out the defence and stop playing Gomes/Siggurdsson in midfield whilst James is out wide.

To be fair mate, Kean is looking very good over in France.

disagree .. Martinez inherited a very organised and decent back like and a solid midfield . His idea was to bring half a relagated wingman team and all the back room staff with him. The longer he was here ... the worse we became , the more unfit the players became and the most divided and angry the fans were.

Ha hey listen mate. I wasnt bigging up martinez there. Im not on drugs.
I was just replying to the comparison between martinez and koeman. I wouldnt have either.

disagree .. Martinez inherited a very organised and decent back like and a solid midfield . His idea was to bring half a relagated wingman team and all the back room staff with him. The longer he was here ... the worse we became , the more unfit the players became and the most divided and angry the fans were.

I was just replying to the comparison between martinez and koeman. I wouldnt have either.
He’s been here a year, not 5 minutes.

Look at the way Brendan Rodgers has Leicester. They’re miles ahead.

Also, Ancelotti is the one who is picking Pickford. Olsen should have remained in goal for this game, given the two Newcastle goals weren’t his fault.

This could be a blip or it could be Ancelotti nearing the end of his time of being a top manager. We’ll know more over the next few weeks with easier fixtures and the player we can’t win without being back.

For £11m a year, we deserve a lot more than what we are seeing.

He's had one window. The basic infastructure at leicester was better when rodgers walked in. The previous manager for example before him was either benching vardy or asking him to do a holding role. He got sacked. Rodgers just says we now hit vardy to use his pace.
Ancelotti had no real infastructure of a decent side to build on. We all have eyes and we all knew how bad this squad was/is.
Its a year but only one opportunity to slowly replace two previous managers who left us with unbalanced dross.

Thing for me is still that we're not expected to do anything.

United winning yesterday was expected rather than a surprise.

We’re too sentimental as a club and that includes the fan base sometimes too. Pickford Keane Coleman Sigurdsson are not good enough for a team wanting to be in the top 6. Coleman is treated like a sacred cow though because of his performances over his career for us which were amazing but that was a long time ago. Rashford looked like the lad from the year above in school just bullying him yesterday. Keane receives a load of praise for managing to sustain a level of being ok for a few games, he’s never in a million years a top CB though, everyone knows that but we just ignore it. We’ve seen top centrebacks also like Jagielka and Lescott on their primes, pace power leadership, Keane has none of these. Pickford is the worst keeper in the premier league and Sigurdsson wouldn’t be wanted by most league one teams and is the worst player in the league hands down.

For some reason though we continue to indulge all of these players under multiple managers. Until they’re out of the squad we won’t achieve anything.

He's had one window. The basic infastructure at leicester was better when rodgers walked in. The previous manager for example before him was either benching vardy or asking him to do a holding role. He got sacked. Rodgers just says we now hit vardy to use his pace.
Ancelotti had no real infastructure of a decent side to build on. We all have eyes and we all knew how bad this squad was/is.
Its a year but only one opportunity to slowly replace two previous managers who left us with unbalanced dross.
We finished 8th twice prior to Ancelotti coming here.

Leicester finished 12th and 9th prior to Brendan Rodgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back