2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had two seasons at Madrid he finished 3rd and 2nd in La Liga. What really cost him was a UEFA report that showed Madrid did far less training than their rivals.

It wasn't a one off Bayern's players arranged their own training sessions because Carlo's were too easy.

Carlo's reply.

"Most sessions are with the ball. But I don't like to do a lot of running without the ball," he told kicker. "Besides, in a typical session, my players average 6000 or 7000 metres running -- that's enough. "I'm not a coach, who kills his players in training.

"In Spain there's a saying 'Demasiada agua mata la planta' -- which means 'Too much water kills plants' -- it's like that with training too. Training sessions are important, but they must be in the right proportion. You can train hard but you also need to give the body a chance to recover."

We just got outworked by a United team that played away in Europe in mid week. Southampton outworked us so did Newcastle. The longer Carlo spends at a Club the more the fitness levels drop. Compare that to how hard the players worked under Dunc.
Unless you have top top quality players then you must aim to work harder than the opposition.
Klopp has built a team based on it with a very average midfield, but they kill teams with their workrate and tempo. We are the opposite. It's all too slow and negative, sideways, sideways, back, lump forward aimlessly and repeat.

He had two seasons at Madrid he finished 3rd and 2nd in La Liga. What really cost him was a UEFA report that showed Madrid did far less training than their rivals.

It wasn't a one off Bayern's players arranged their own training sessions because Carlo's were too easy.

Carlo's reply.

"Most sessions are with the ball. But I don't like to do a lot of running without the ball," he told kicker. "Besides, in a typical session, my players average 6000 or 7000 metres running -- that's enough. "I'm not a coach, who kills his players in training.

"In Spain there's a saying 'Demasiada agua mata la planta' -- which means 'Too much water kills plants' -- it's like that with training too. Training sessions are important, but they must be in the right proportion. You can train hard but you also need to give the body a chance to recover."

We just got outworked by a United team that played away in Europe in mid week. Southampton outworked us so did Newcastle. The longer Carlo spends at a Club the more the fitness levels drop. Compare that to how hard the players worked under Dunc.
We didn't work hard in the first few weeks?

Unless you have top top quality players then you must aim to work harder than the opposition.
Klopp has built a team based on it with a very average midfield, but they kill teams with their workrate and tempo. We are the opposite. It's all too slow and negative, sideways, sideways, back, lump forward aimlessly and repeat.
We were like that before Carlo got here tbh

100%.. but we signed a whole new midfield and yet we resort to the same dirge as we have kept either Sig/Gomes in the 3 and as soon as they receive the ball we are only ever 2 passes away from a Keane/Mina/Pickford aimless punt up the pitch
I agree it doesn't look good those two are meant to be the creativity but both are not brave on the ball. I would switch James into a three with Allan and Doucoure play everything through him. Iwobi on the right, Richy on the left. Our players look short of confidence and lacking in ideas I doubt Carlo is telling them to play everything long he may be saying try to target United with some kicks but the patterns of play in midfield are limited that can't be what he wants.

So bizarre how Martinez always gets a pass on this. Koeman was awful but it was Martinez who started the massive downward spiral. Koeman’s only full season is the highest we’ve finished in the last 6 years.

Koemans recruitment was absolutely woeful and we are still feeling the effects now.
Martinez though mad got our highest ever points total.
Koemans effect is far worse.

Realistically it’s going to take two or three years for Carlo to turn us into title challengers. We have a desperately poor squad. It’s a miracle that we’re still in the top 6. We’re even light years behind Man Utd and they’re nothing special, albeit they’ve spent almost a billion Pounds on transfer fees since Sir Alex retired.

I do think, though, that we’d have performed better had Goodison been packed to the rafters. The fans are usually like a 12th man when we play the mancs. Let’s hope things get back to normal at some point this season.

Bang on.

First XI is best in league. Bench. Awful.
That's not entirely accurate.
We have one or two players that would walk into the starting XI of most teams.

However we also have a number of players that would either warm the bench or not make the first team entirely of other teams.

Ancelotti obviously needs time, and it is too early to conclude. That said, I'm weak for Ralph Hassenhuttl. We complain about the players we have, but think how much rubbish he has in the squad. He has a clearly defined system with some very clear principles. The team mostly plays entertaining football, and gets the points they need.

people suggesting people like the manager of Southampton... he could quite easily be the next wilder or even koeman... Carlo has won it all and deserves to have enough time to recruit his own team. At some point you have to put the money on the table and bet on a hand. You have to be willing to go all the way in. If a 3 time cl winning manager and multiple champion in multiple countries and leagues isn’t the man... I don’t know who is.

Koemans recruitment was absolutely woeful and we are still feeling the effects now.
Martinez though mad got our highest ever points total.
Koemans effect is far worse.

disagree .. Martinez inherited a very organised and decent back like and a solid midfield . His idea was to bring half a relagated wingman team and all the back room staff with him. The longer he was here ... the worse we became , the more unfit the players became and the most divided and angry the fans were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back