2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get this but then you’re in you’re in the brands thread saying he’s doing a good job. He’s spent £50m on 2 centre halves who we’ve got sat on the bench while we defend like school kids. Either it’s been a colossal waste of money or Ancelotti’s making bad decisions. They can’t both be doing well.
This exactly. There’s just so many fans who accept that after Walsh & Koeman (who finished 7th) that we need four thousand decades to get any better. The reality is that with some organisation, one good window, you can actually push on in what is a poor premier league defensively. There’s just too many excuses within the fan base. We have spent huge amounts of money (after Walsh) and have a manager who everyone has been lauding. Yet we are still lacking massively in every area of the pitch. There are fans who praise brands, Ancelotti and the squad depth? How does that make any sense after losing what should be 4 games on the spin? And not just losing, but losing badly.
Another concern of mine is that we look so much more unfit that our opposition. Man utd and Southampton looked so much sharper than us.
Then we get the excuses of certain players being not 100% fit. Which in reality, not one team in the prem ever has. Why can’t players play to a certain level after declaring themselves fit anyhow? It’s like we see players form drop off a cliff and are happy to say “he mustnt be fit” so we’re accepting it????
So to sum up, we need a fully fit squad every week - at a 100%, no 80s for god sake, a perfect transfer window to fill in every gap required, with cover, and every VAR shout to go our way. Then we’ll be fine. Because god forbid, Carlo should have to put up with any of the above

I’m not sure I agree. I said from the start that Ancelotti needed to prove himself with us. I couldn’t care less if he won trophies with Milan and Madrid. I want him to win trophies with us, which granted maybe the league cup this year, but the signs aren’t good if we keep conceding this amount of goals. If I went for a new job after my successes with a previous one, got it, then performed terribly, I wouldn’t expect to be shown more leniency than anyone else.
Ancelotti should be judged on his time with Everton. This is a completely different gig to taking over a Madrid or Bayern Munich and some people quite rightly, are unimpressed with what they’re seeing.
I like the guy, he says the right things, and he has a likeable personality. He also has a great record as a manager with far bigger teams than Everton. But all the defenders of Ancelotti on this thread, are just pointing to a record many years before he joined us, rather than anything we are seeing on the pitch for Everton so far. We have the leakiest defence since I can remember, the midfield is being walked through and we look like our best chance of scoring is from a cross/set piece and lacking any creativity.
you think he’s going to turn us into Milan over night?

he’s had ONE window mate one. The players have had 7 games together, he’s still got loads of crap which isn’t good enough to replace when our first team is out.

so Einstein if you can think of a better manager right now to come in and be better I’m all ears

other wise give him time give him windows and give him patience. To many on here don’t have that.

he’s had ONE window mate one. The players have had 7 games together, he’s still got loads of crap which isn’t good enough to replace when our first team is out.

so Einstein if you can think of a better manager right now to come in and be better I’m all ears

other wise give him time give him windows and give him patience. To many on here don’t have that.
As I said, I’m not shouting for his head, I’m just concerned about some of his decisions so far, and our dreadful defensive record. I mean is anyone actually calling for new defenders? We generally have international defenders playing for us every week yet we defend like a relegation side. Do you think we need to buy new centre halves? Who do you blame for conceding two or three every week?

I’d really like to know what the other realistic alternatives to Carlo these people think we might attract. I accept the performances and results have not been good enough for the last 3 games. And there is no doubt Carlo has made errors with regard to team selection. The signing of Godfrey could turn out to be a master stroke, but we were and still are crying out for a pacy RW player. I would have preferred Godfrey’s fee addressing that position. Carlo is no fool, he knows what is required, we just need to give him time unlike some on here.

As I said, I’m not shouting for his head, I’m just concerned about some of his decisions so far, and our dreadful defensive record. I mean is anyone actually calling for new defenders? We generally have international defenders playing for us every week yet we defend like a relegation side. Do you think we need to buy new centre halves? Who do you blame for conceding two or three every week?
This is my major concern. Maybe a change in system is required to give more protection to our defence. A 4-4-3 system that has immobile Gomes or Siguardisson in it is like playing with 2 in midfield. Maybe we should go to a 4-2-3-1 to offer more protection to the defence.
Pickford
Coleman Keane Mason Digne
Allan Godfrey
Gordon James Richarlison
DCL

I’d really like to know what the other realistic alternatives to Carlo these people think we might attract. I accept the performances and results have not been good enough for the last 3 games. And there is no doubt Carlo has made errors with regard to team selection. The signing of Godfrey could turn out to be a master stroke, but we were and still are crying out for a pacy RW player. I would have preferred Godfrey’s fee addressing that position. Carlo is no fool, he knows what is required, we just need to give him time unlike some on here.
No one is calling for him to be sacked. I’m just questioning some decisions and addressing some concerns, which is what a forum is for right? If we had every fan just backing every decision made by the club or manager then these things wouldn’t exist.

Koemans recruitment was absolutely woeful and we are still feeling the effects now.
Martinez though mad got our highest ever points total.
Koemans effect is far worse.
Have to wonder why we are still going on about Koeman.

He signed Keane, Gylfi and Pickford, all still here and regular starters under all managers since.

the rest of his buys are mainly gone and forgotten.

People are not questioning Carlo are they.
Look at the bench he has, and look at Iwobe and Bernard (I know he scored yesterday but still utter gash)
He's been here 5 minutes, give him January and next summers window and we'll be winning cups.
Pickford for me is the one who starts the panic, you can sense the defence is on a knife edge

Look at the bench he has, and look at Iwobe and Bernard (I know he scored yesterday but still utter gash)
He's been here 5 minutes, give him January and next summers window and we'll be winning cups.
Pickford for me is the one who starts the panic, you can sense the defence is on a knife edge
He’s been here a year, not 5 minutes.

Look at the way Brendan Rodgers has Leicester. They’re miles ahead.

Also, Ancelotti is the one who is picking Pickford. Olsen should have remained in goal for this game, given the two Newcastle goals weren’t his fault.

This could be a blip or it could be Ancelotti nearing the end of his time of being a top manager. We’ll know more over the next few weeks with easier fixtures and the player we can’t win without being back.

For £11m a year, we deserve a lot more than what we are seeing.

In all fairness, every manager we´ve had since Martinez could use this excuse then?

He’s been here a year, not 5 minutes.

Look at the way Brendan Rodgers has Leicester. They’re miles ahead.

Also, Ancelotti is the one who is picking Pickford. Olsen should have remained in goal for this game, given the two Newcastle goals weren’t his fault.

This could be a blip or it could be Ancelotti nearing the end of his time of being a top manager. We’ll know more over the next few weeks with easier fixtures and the player we can’t win without being back.

For £11m a year, we deserve a lot more than what we are seeing.
I’m going to be patient. The squad needs an overhaul over the next couple of windows. We can’t keep calling for change for change’s sake. The one thing I will point the finger at Ancelotti for is the selection at Newcastle.

One of the main issues for me is that, like Utd, we have some players whose natural talent seems to be getting managers fired. The likes of Sigurdsson should be got rid of as quickly as possible.

I’m going to be patient. The squad needs an overhaul over the next couple of windows. We can’t keep calling for change for change’s sake. The one thing I will point the finger at Ancelotti for is the selection at Newcastle.

One of the main issues for me is that, like Utd, we have some players whose natural talent seems to be getting managers fired. The likes of Sigurdsson should be got rid of as quickly as possible.
Ancelotti has rewarded Sigurdsson with the captain’s armband.

He clearly doesn’t notice how useless he is like the fans do.

We could realistically fall as low as 9th today. It is just not good enough.

Fulham, Leeds and Burnley up next. He needs to win them all.

Not good enough defensively to win all 3 games
You’d think given that defence has been a problem all season, and we brought in a £25m reinforcement in the window, that we would see some improvement.

I’m yet to see a game when we have looked solid. Again, that is on the manager and coaching team.

He must improve. What Carlo has served up so far this season is nowhere near good enough.

I’d be fairly confident with Richarlison back we’ll pick up points against those teams. I agree that the selection of Sigurdsson is baffling but it does seem the media was briefed in the summer that we would listen to offers for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back