Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure it's through a loan mechanism mate. It said he was after investment. I would say it's quite likely that investor will be Usmanov.

Yeah fair enough. Though an investor is ultimately going to expect money back on their investment too.

I'm not being doom and gloom, just being realistic. I reckon we have circa £40/50m to spend as it is without breaching any rules.

We will spend more than that - but our goal should be spending smartly, not spending big - but most of that will come through sales. If we can get that investment in then it may free us up to spend a bit more but not sure it would ease any FFP pressure as the point of the system is to stop stuff like that. So the only thing that will help FFP would be sales at this point really.

Kean, Iwobi, Bernard, possibly one of the CBs if needed, Gomes, Delph.

They need to be moved on and we need to get that money into the coffers.

Losing Carlo would be disastrous. Any notion of stability would be gone and surely Moshiri would realise he was wasting his time...and money. The only solution then is to sign Jose Mourinho.

I'd pay good money to see Jose go full nuclear meltdown on our pack of underachieving wasters. Carlo is too nice. No such niceties for Jose. The funny thing is, while Jose blowing a gasket in public usually turns the fans of his club against him, at Everton most of us would be cheering him on in the manner of a wrestling crowd as he hulks up and smashes a chair across the backs of Alex Iwobi and Siggy.

Jose in. For a calmer, fairer world.
I'd have jose throwing them under the bus all day long. We could finish consecutive bottom half finishes just as long as he comes out in interviews and names who let him down on every particular game. And ridicules them to shreds. I'd get his tattoo.

Why though? He hasn't taken us to a cup final or punched us above our weight and had us qualify for europe/ Champions League he's not even got us set up in an effective system playing decent or even comitted football we look like strangers on the pitch.

Like I said if Liverpool were losing Klopp or Leicester Rodgers I could understand their fans flapping but Carlo has done nothing here. Granted he could do something but like the saying goes if my aunty had testicles...

Again I hope he stays like he deserves atleast next season to see if he can push us on but I've seen nothing from us these past 18 months that makes me worry that losing him would be the end for EFC and we no longer will be winning titles and playing European football every season.

But what he has done is improve the underlying performance. I will keep saying it, but we were 18th under the previous manager and running to about 50 points a season. He has improved that ratio to around the 58 points a season mark. It doesn't sound a lot, but it's a 20% improvement.

On a practical level, we are in a much better position now to recruit a new manager now than we were when he arrived. We can probably be a bit more ambitious, and perhaps to take certain risks, as we are consolidated as a team who will not be near the relegation zone (we got nearly twice as many points required to survive).

This will sound harsh, and I don't mean it to be, but nobody is going to look at a manager who has been with the club 1 season and hold it against him that he hasn't won a trophy for a club who've gone over 20 years without winning one.

Marca report just quotes the radio show saying they're favourites.

I don't think a sub-editor of 'SB Nation' is reliable either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back