Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo now has to manage a mid-table team with about 6 team positions that need an upgrade, top earners
who are not any good, and the realization that if Dom gets injured then the season ends.

What annoys me is that EFC offer less when attacking than Villa, Leicester, or a few others. The script looks similar to the way it played out with Martinez and Silva: early optimism then harsh reality, defeatism and so the cycle reasserts itself at Goodison.
Leicester lose vardy of villa Grealish. Both will struggle

we all know we are another 5 quality signings from getting that next level. And I’m confident under Ancelotti that we will get them. In the next 2 or 3 windows.

If you’d watched us at all over the past few years since Duncan’s been on the staff, you’d know that our squad is littered with some of the most timid cowards in the league.
Never heard any of this mentioned until the derby, and now all of a sudden we play like peak Wimbledon, because that Dutch dinner lady hurt his leg in a 50-50 challenge.

I think even before the derby you were getting a bit of a reputation.

And there's no need to be dismissive about our players either, I haven't done that about any of yours. Not even Pickford.

Sorry, first post here and I'm not here to troll, but I had to single this out. I don't see how you can complain about "fixture congestion" when teams have been playing in Europe as well as playing all the same fixtures you have. At one point, Spurs had 8 games in 18 days, one of which involved a 3000 mile round trip to Bulgaria before their trip to Old Trafford 2 days later.

I don't think that really compares to travelling from Goodison to Fleetwood and then London in the space of a week.

Fact is, performances have dropped off because you were relying entirely on Richarlison, whose actions in the derby got him suspended for 3 weeks. You're also relying a lot on James, who is already showing signs of the injury-prone player he was known as elsewhere (come on, asking to be subbed after 80 minutes because you're tired? That's embarrassing.)

I personally like to see Everton doing well. But the biggest part of doing well starts with the mindset. You have to get out of this mentality that you're hard done to. You're not as disadvantaged as quite a few other teams are in the league, and comparitively you've had quite an easy set of fixtures to start with compared to some teams.

Hey guys, I'm not here to troll or wind anyone up, but let me tell you all about where you're going wrong.

Arsewipe.

Hey guys, I'm not here to troll or wind anyone up, but let me tell you all about where you're going wrong.

Arsewipe.

I'm really not trying to do that. I'm trying to give constructive ideas. Like I said, Everton are at least half way to having a decent side who can challenge for European spots. But I do think moaning about fixture congestion is silly, and not buying a forward going into this season was a massive mistake. That's just me being a fan of football in general, not even putting my Kopite hat on. You not buying a forward this year is as silly as when we didn't replace Alonso. It cost us dearly that season.

Sorry, first post here and I'm not here to troll, but I had to single this out. I don't see how you can complain about "fixture congestion" when teams have been playing in Europe as well as playing all the same fixtures you have. At one point, Spurs had 8 games in 18 days, one of which involved a 3000 mile round trip to Bulgaria before their trip to Old Trafford 2 days later.

I don't think that really compares to travelling from Goodison to Fleetwood and then London in the space of a week.

Fact is, performances have dropped off because you were relying entirely on Richarlison, whose actions in the derby got him suspended for 3 weeks. You're also relying a lot on James, who is already showing signs of the injury-prone player he was known as elsewhere (come on, asking to be subbed after 80 minutes because you're tired? That's embarrassing.)

I personally like to see Everton doing well. But the biggest part of doing well starts with the mindset. You have to get out of this mentality that you're hard done to. You're not as disadvantaged as quite a few other teams are in the league, and comparitively you've had quite an easy set of fixtures to start with compared to some teams.
Hopefully your first post is also your last. Ya condescending rs.

I'm really not trying to do that. I'm trying to give constructive ideas. Like I said, Everton are at least half way to having a decent side who can challenge for European spots. But I do think moaning about fixture congestion is silly, and not buying a forward going into this season was a massive mistake. That's just me being a fan of football in general, not even putting my Kopite hat on. You not buying a forward this year is as silly as when we didn't replace Alonso. It cost us dearly that season.
We are more than half way from challenging for European spots. We can do that this season with a bit of luck like keeping our best players fit. Another 4/5 top players I would expect us to be top 4 at least

You're talking out your arse mate, especially when you claim not to be on a wind up and then make a statement like the one below. I mean feel free to explain exactly where that supposed reputation has come from? Was it Gomes flying in outrageously and getting his leg broken that finally tipped you over the edge?

You've just plucked that out of nowhere other than you and the other goblins that support your club conjuring it up. Hope a floodlight falls on your head when you're allowed back in the stadium.

And there's no need to be dismissive about our players either, I haven't done that about any of yours. Not even Pickford.

This is one of the most silly things I've read on here and there have been some whoppers.

Never had any issues in the games before the derby and that game is always niggly on both sides. VVD should have been off or at least carded within the first minute and Robertson for effectively doing what Digne got a red for a week later but least the person he did it to actually had the football.

Your side is just lucky that most things are swept under the carpet and not turned into national news.

It's one step forward and two back thinking about next summer, though.

If we don't get Europe this year, I imagine Richarlison goes, even if just to balance the books. That means an entirely new way of playing again.

This season is a massive, massive chance to do something. Luckily the table is so congested that one or two wins can change everything.

But there's so much more risk this season. The fixture congestion early in the campaign clearly led to fatigue which our players have suffered from since the last international break. There's a catch up of 3-4 games to be made early in the new year, plus hopefully getting through in the League Cup and FA Cup.

Throw on top of that the additional risk of COVID quarantine, which could see a player miss anywhere between 2 and 5 games.

Since we were left short at the end of the window (or maybe imbalanced is a better way to put it - no right winger, no quality rotation option for up front etc), then there has to be an alternative way of playing.

At the moment we can't defend and, without Richarlison, can't attack very well either. It's not a great mix.

I don't get that Toff, Southampton and Newcastle both played the same games but looked way fitter than us. Man U, low on confidence, a champions league game on the Wednesday night losing to a no mark team and a Saturday lunch time kick - off yet looked way fitter than us.

It hasn't. Although I'd say we do have good reason to have gripes, and there's evidence we've suffered more than other clubs, especially in regards to VAR.

But that wasn't my point, it was more in reference to the people complaining about fixture congestion, when you have a much lighter schedule than many other teams. I'd say teams in Europe are more justifiably allowed to be miffed than those who aren't, including Everton.

The major problem is you needed to sign a Forward when Walcott left. You're sorely lacking in that department. You also need, in my view, a Plan B. Ancelotti seems to play with a Plan A but doesn't seem to have an alternate method of play if things are going wrong. That's a pretty old-fashioned mindset. It's not his fault, but I think getting him a younger Number 2 who's properly trained in modern tactics might help in that department. I know you're going to hate me saying it, but that's what's helped Klopp. Pep Lijinders is only 35 and versed in different tactics and styles than Klopp. It's why Buvac leaving actually helped us, as we could promote Pep and implement his style. Ancelotti has Paul Clement, who's been with him everywhere. That can actually be a hindrance, as they're more inclined to fall back on the same tactics they've always used. I also think having his son is a massive mistake, it's pure nepotism, and as trained as he is on paper, he's quite clearly not the right fit.

The less said about Duncan Ferguson being on the staff, the better. His dogs of war mentality, left over from Royle, is why you're making reckless challenges and losing players to suspensions. It might work if you want only to stay up every year or stay in the mid-table, but if you want European football and Top 4, it's just wrong and silly. Nobody wins the league these days by being a team of [Poor language removed]-houses.

You have a genuinely great player in Richarlison, but you're ruining him by forcing him to play like Diego Costa or Suarez. It isn't his style. You've got a genuine Brazil international playing for you, let him play like one!

Mate don’t take offense but I am starting to doubt your blue credentials. Just a bit.

Carlo now has to manage a mid-table team with about 6 team positions that need an upgrade, top earners
who are not any good, and the realization that if Dom gets injured then the season ends.

What annoys me is that EFC offer less when attacking than Villa, Leicester, or a few others. The script looks similar to the way it played out with Martinez and Silva: early optimism then harsh reality, defeatism and so the cycle reasserts itself at Goodison.

This isn't having a pop at you mate but, 4 games ago on here we were Champs league contenders, it just shows how as a fan base we can get carried away.

I don't get that Toff, Southampton and Newcastle both played the same games but looked way fitter than us. Man U, low on confidence, a champions league game on the Wednesday night losing to a no mark team and a Saturday lunch time kick - off yet looked way fitter than us.

Sorry, in key players like James, Allan - they both sustained injuries etc - even Gomes, looked sharp before that knock he got which made him miss Brighton.

It's definitely a worry that we look rather leggy. And I've thought for a while that our medical department isn't as good as it should be.

Leicester lose vardy of villa Grealish. Both will struggle

we all know we are another 5 quality signings from getting that next level. And I’m confident under Ancelotti that we will get them. In the next 2 or 3 windows.

Yeah. exactly. Come on guys. it's a half season, and 10 matches with a super crap team. Ancelotti will do this. Brands, Ancelotti, James, Coleman, DCL, Allan...plus at least another 10 players, executives and staff have too much on the line to let this fail this time!

Totally agree. I've been surprised at our fitness because when Carlo came in he brought 2 fitness coaches with him. Sid at the time our fitness levels should improve but we look a very slow unfit outfit at times. Thought Carlo would get us playing like the RS but Southampton seem to have done that. Thought Napoli played like that under Napoli as well

Totally agree. I've been surprised at our fitness because when Carlo came in he brought 2 fitness coaches with him. Sid at the time our fitness levels should improve but we look a very slow unfit outfit at times. Thought Carlo would get us playing like the RS but Southampton seem to have done that. Thought Napoli played like that under Napoli as well

Yeah it does seem weird mate. Every team has played the same number of games (some more because of champs league, Europa cup) had injuries, had the same lack of a proper pre - season, yet in a lot of the games I've watched on the telly other teams have looked a lot fitter than us. Against Southampton it looked like they had 13 men on the pitch at times, they were absolutely everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back