Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not being horrible mate, but you and your supporters are the most vile people, not just in footbal but across society. So do pack it in with this "it's not reciprocated". If you have an opposing view, you are sent a multitude of threats and intimidation. If a blue has posted something, even partially as one sided as you have just done here on a red forum, they, their partners and their children would all be under threat of attack from the hordes of coward who follow your team.

As for the substance. Nobody has said what Pickford did was justified. How could it be justified when it was an unfortunate accident? Van Dijk, who put in two horrendous tackles in the first 5 minutes, severely injuring opponents, then went to do Pickford, he went to block the ball and VVD got his leg caught in the ground. It's unfortunate. There can be no justification of an accident.

It would be easy to sit here and say VVD deserved it, after trying to and successfully injuring EFC players, but we are better than that, and just say, in spite of that, good luck to him. I wish him well in his recovery. Accidents happen.

So don't sit here, and think you're in any position to moralise about being "better" when you have spun a pack of lies above. Apply those standards to yourself and try telling the truth.
I'm not being horrible mate, but you and your supporters are the most vile people, not just in footbal but across society. So do pack it in with this "it's not reciprocated". If you have an opposing view, you are sent a multitude of threats and intimidation. If a blue has posted something, even partially as one sided as you have just done here on a red forum, they, their partners and their children would all be under threat of attack from the hordes of coward who follow your team.

As for the substance. Nobody has said what Pickford did was justified. How could it be justified when it was an unfortunate accident? Van Dijk, who put in two horrendous tackles in the first 5 minutes, severely injuring opponents, then went to do Pickford, he went to block the ball and VVD got his leg caught in the ground. It's unfortunate. There can be no justification of an accident.

It would be easy to sit here and say VVD deserved it, after trying to and successfully injuring EFC players, but we are better than that, and just say, in spite of that, good luck to him. I wish him well in his recovery. Accidents happen.

So don't sit here, and think you're in any position to moralise about being "better" when you have spun a pack of lies above. Apply those standards to yourself and try telling the truth.
Spot on except for wishing the rs dutch Lurch well. I hope him, his club and supporters dissolve and are never seen again. They are the Donald Trump of football, truth is never important and responsibility zero

The tactics that started the season were good but had flaws. Teams are exploiting the flaws. We probably aren't good enough to just outplay teams weekly so he really needs to start working on the flaws.

Also selecting a goalkeeper who makes saves would potentially mask the flaws better. This is on him now. He saw Olsen and said no thanks. Bad move for the culture of the club too, imo.
We’re still short in some areas. Gomes is in poor form and Sigurdsson not up to standard. Think we need an injection of quality in midfield and a new RB as a minimum. Teams know now to attack down our right. He’ll need to work on stopping that whilst getting James into the game. Maybe move him central but I really don’t see who plays on the right. Every time he starts Iwobi is terrible.

Carlo painted himself into a corner by saying he’d pick Pickford for Utd even though Olsen did ok against Newcastle.

We’re still short in some areas. Gomes is in poor form and Sigurdsson not up to standard. Think we need an injection of quality in midfield and a new RB as a minimum. Teams know now to attack down our right. He’ll need to work on stopping that whilst getting James into the game. Maybe move him central but I really don’t see who plays on the right. Every time he starts Iwobi is terrible.

Carlo painted himself into a corner by saying he’d pick Pickford for Utd even though Olsen did ok against Newcastle.
Teams have been targeting our right side for the past few years now so there really are no excuses with regards to why we still have a problem with it, the fact Brands saw Sidibe as a solution worries me tbh. Gomes simply wants too much time on the ball, i can see some qualities in him that may work in a less intense league but i'm not a fan and never have been.
I still think recruitment is a huge issue for us and i don't really see what or if we have any kind of a recruitment strategy as such, some of our buys seem very random. The Pickford thing is an odd one tbh but like you Carlo has made it slightly awkward for himself with that and if it backfires he is going to get it a bit from the fans and rightly so tbh (i do think we will look for a new keeper next summer)

I joined this forum in the aftermath some time ago and was quite open about being a Red.
It was because I don't find being a Red stops me being interested in Everton and wishing the club well. Clearly if we are head-to-head I want us to win but otherwise I am genuinely disappointed when Everton let themselves down.
There is plenty of space for both Liverpool clubs to be winners.
One of the first things I did was to give comments on the eleven I had seen most recently, and in particular Pickford.
I thought a third-party view might be appreciated.
I said I thought Pickford had mental issues which you would never coach him out of. And that his influence led to the defenders in front of him playing badly as well.
I got hammered.
Yet over the following months he displayed exactly what I had described and this forum was full of people saying what I had said. That included one poster who suggested that. although he wanted rid, he thought some other club would give you £50m for him, as though the problems were somehow a secret.
But what has really disappointed me is the sheer malice towards LFC and its fans. I can assure you it isn't returned, and can only surmise it comes out of grudge and frustration.
In general the reaction to the derby was truly revealing. There was endless invention as how somehow Pickford's lunatic attack on Van Dijk was justified.
I hope you are better than that but I am beginning to give up hope of seeing it.
This was an unfortunate injury which we have all said from the start. Pickford had no intent to injure someone but yea he was reckless.

What we really dislike though relates to your inability to look at previous incidents like Gerrard and Kuty's horrendous tackles on our players which did have full malice and intent. LFC will never have the moral high ground over any club because of all your past misdemeanors you've committed and the insane hyperbole you exhibit on social media. Your overreaction and despicable customary death threats are always unjust but seemingly, they're ok to yourselves. It's ok that you taunt another club when one of their players has his leg broken, or ignore the multiple diving (Mane; Salah) and horrible challenges you have committed, and think nothing of it? Are you forgetting the fact one of your players injured Fellaini and w the out for 6 months? Did we send death threats?

I think the issue is you are unable to look at yourselves and see the problem in it's form - it's very strange to us and to others- hence the general malice. It's rife in your history but you choose to ignore your own behaviour. Firing fireworks at the Liver building is one small example on recent times.

There is no delusion on our side but it's commonly and widely accepted in football there is a considerable amount on yours. That is the true delusion.

Teams have been targeting our right side for the past few years now so there really are no excuses with regards to why we still have a problem with it, the fact Brands saw Sidibe as a solution worries me tbh. Gomes simply wants too much time on the ball, i can see some qualities in him that may work in a less intense league but i'm not a fan and never have been.
I still think recruitment is a huge issue for us and i don't really see what or if we have any kind of a recruitment strategy as such, some of our buys seem very random. The Pickford thing is an odd one tbh but like you Carlo has made it slightly awkward for himself with that and if it backfires he is going to get it a bit from the fans and rightly so tbh (i do think we will look for a new keeper next summer)
We definitely need a top quality RB, especially if Carlo is going to persist in playing James on the right. Personally I would like someone in midfield who can carry the ball forward and commit defenders. New goalkeeper definitely on my wish list.

Spot on except for wishing the rs dutch Lurch well. I hope him, his club and supporters dissolve and are never seen again. They are the Donald Trump of football, truth is never important and responsibility zero

Even though they don't deserve it, I always ensure I am the bigger person when it comes to that lot.

:coffee:
To develop a player he needs to play but I am not here to develop players. I am here to try to keep this club at the top so sometimes I need Anthony Gordon..because I consider Anthony Gordon a player of Everton Football Club, not a player who has to develop. He is a player of Everton Football Club. At this moment there are players who are a big part of this squad.”

I feel like Everton come second for a lot of our players. There doesn’t seem to be a great deal of commitment right now.

A lot of our players have either missed games or have been blatantly not fit in the past month but seem it acceptable to jeopardise their future availability by playing for their countries.

Teams like Liverpool make their players unavailable all of the time.

We haven’t looked the same since the last international break and I can’t see it getting any better after this one.

:coffee:
To develop a player he needs to play but I am not here to develop players. I am here to try to keep this club at the top so sometimes I need Anthony Gordon..because I consider Anthony Gordon a player of Everton Football Club, not a player who has to develop. He is a player of Everton Football Club. At this moment there are players who are a big part of this squad.”

Quote of his?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back