Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Everton come second for a lot of our players. There doesn’t seem to be a great deal of commitment right now.

A lot of our players have either missed games or have been blatantly not fit in the past month but seem it acceptable to jeopardise their future availability by playing for their countries.

Teams like Liverpool make their players unavailable all of the time.

We haven’t looked the same since the last international break and I can’t see it getting any better after this one.

I think if we were challenging for league titles, champs league then players would become more 'flexible' for us.

I think if we were challenging for league titles, champs league then players would become more 'flexible' for us.
I think so too. Players don’t seem to take us seriously and thus we’re in this never ending cycle of mediocrity.

There’s no way top clubs would’ve released Allan, Coleman and James given their injuries and fitness since the last international break but we’ve put up no fight.

We now enter a pivotal time in our season against three teams we should definitely be beating where if we lose points we could see yet another season of nothingness ahead.

I think so too. Players don’t seem to take us seriously and thus we’re in this never ending cycle of mediocrity.

There’s no way top clubs would’ve released Allan, Coleman and James given their injuries and fitness since the last international break but we’ve put up no fight.

We now enter a pivotal time in our season against three teams we should definitely be beating where if we lose points we could see yet another season of nothingness ahead.

We are not going to win all of the next 3 games, you do realise that don’t you?

If he loses the next game he's got to go, same would be said about any other top side if they lost 4 on the bounce
The difference is top 6 sides don't gave the or players we do. We haven't managed to get rid of 6 of them. Klopp, Pep and Mourinho don't have to put up with cr*p like Sigurdsson. No way would they be able to get the likes of him, Iwibi and Bernard performing because he's just poor.

Ancellotti needs quality like the others do. We start with these shouts this club won't go anywhere. Think about the wider ramifications.

No im just stating facts if any other top manager lost 4 on the bounce they would be under enormous pressure
I get that
but if we are going in the right direction generally, and we can point fingers at the actual cause of the problem (which is not Ancelotti) isn't this an unusual case. FOr once, we can see clearly that there are 5-6 players in the squad who cannot be motivated or raised to this level. I just think its madness for us to change again, especially when 5 players have come in or stayed on especially for Ancelotti

We definitely have to win 2 and draw 1 i feel like, because we actually in theory should have been unbeaten still - Newcastle, and the other losses are so so so disappointing given their personnel. These are the games which under the previous 3 managers we have lost, just after doing well against a top team. This is the time to show consistency, but I'm sure I'm sure Ancelotti is the right person to maket his happen.

I've said it before,
If with Ancelotti, James, the new signings, the young players, the good squad players we can't make it work this year, when we have so much coming together at the same time, this club is rotten!! and it's not rotten is it? We're gonna be fine!

Beats me how anybody can seriously suggest Carlo should be sacked. We have made the best start since 1894, topped the league, won manager of the month, won Premier League Player of the Month for September. We would be very hard pressed to find a better manager. Our record since David Moyes went has been abysmal to say the least regarding managers. Far to quick to sack people .

Beats me how anybody can seriously suggest Carlo should be sacked. We have made the best start since 1894, topped the league, won manager of the month, won Premier League Player of the Month for September. We would be very hard pressed to find a better manager. Our record since David Moyes went has been abysmal to say the least regarding managers. Far to quick to sack people .

lol

Have we added them to our honours list?

If Carlo doesn’t deliver Europe, which is what we expect, then he will be fired.

He doesn’t get to hang around just because he won things for other clubs.

He has to deliver here, given his huge wage and getting his own players in this summer.

No im just stating facts if any other top manager lost 4 on the bounce they would be under enormous pressure

i'm assuming there is a bit of fishing in here, but I do see where you are coming from, but if there is a kneejerk reaction, where in gods name do we turn next?

At the end of the day, he has taken over a poor squad & realistically needs 3 plus transfer windows to reshape it & get it to the team he wants.

What worries me are a few things....
1) We are still struggling to see a defined style play, this should be reflective irrespective of the personnel on the pitch, not just when we have everyone available
2) If he needs two years & we want to see the club prosper under him for 3-4 years, is he really in it for the long haul, hopefully but not to sure.
3) There are real problem area's he is not addressing. Particularly between the sticks. Its concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back