Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS we`ve lost three games and people are seriously talking about sacking one of the greatest club managers in world football.

Only at Everton.
No, we are discussing whether the trust in Ancelotti should be based on dogmatic beliefs, or on the empirical evidence of the present. We discuss whether Everton is really as bad as WBA, Fulham, Sheffield United, and Burnley or whether Everton is a top 10 club in the PL. Something that the last ten years suggest. We discuss what we should expect this season, based on Ancelotti as a coach, player salaries, and the purchase of players, etc. No one thinks we should seriously sack Ancelotti, but if the results this season do not live up to expectations, then he is not immune. Our expectations, which are lower than Ancelotti, are top 8 in the PL. But no one sacks him for a 9-10 place, but he starts to sit unsafe if the results do not improve.

We have some gaping holes in the team and I think we have been playing certain players when not fit because we don’t have adequate cover, e.g Coleman, maybe Allan and James. We also have nobody to cover for Richarlison who is of a similar standard and our GK is having a very bad time of it. We are also carrying one of either Gylfi or Gomes every week.

The only game where I think Carlo got it badly wrong was Newcastle. Southampton played very well against us and we had Godfrey at RB with an unfit James. Against Man Utd we had two very bad defensive lapses and were hit on the break at the end when going all out to equalise. Win the next couple of games and we’re back on track.

No, we are discussing whether the trust in Ancelotti should be based on dogmatic beliefs, or on the empirical evidence of the present. We discuss whether Everton is really as bad as WBA, Fulham, Sheffield United, and Burnley or whether Everton is a top 10 club in the PL. Something that the last ten years suggest. We discuss what we should expect this season, based on Ancelotti as a coach, player salaries, and the purchase of players, etc. No one thinks we should seriously sack Ancelotti, but if the results this season do not live up to expectations, then he is not immune. Our expectations, which are lower than Ancelotti, are top 8 in the PL. But no one sacks him for a 9-10 place, but he starts to sit unsafe if the results do not improve.

You know what mate, year in year, no matter who the manager is, we get the same posters who piss their kecks in the Summer, when West Ham or Newcastle sign some B list striker. They then piss their kecks again, when we lose a few games and then soil themselves again January when we don’t sign Ronaldo.

It’s pathetic and embarrassing.

Some fans think we’re lucky to have Ancelotti as manager whilst he’s sitting here on £11m (or more) p/a.

Must be the easiest wage he’s ever picked up.

‘Don’t worry, Carlo, you don’t actually have to deliver anything’.

The club has expectations. Meet them or leave.

Some fans think we’re lucky to have Ancelotti as manager whilst he’s sitting here on £11m (or more) p/a.

Must be the easiest wage he’s ever picked up.

‘Don’t worry, Carlo, you don’t actually have to deliver anything’.

The club has expectations. Meet them or leave.
I agree that Carlo has to meet expectations but it’s also up to Brands and Moshiri to give him the right tools. That includes getting rid of some of the absolute rubbish taking up space in the squad.

I agree that Carlo has to meet expectations but it’s also up to Brands and Moshiri to give him the right tools. That includes getting rid of some of the absolute rubbish taking up space in the squad.
No one is forcing him to play the likes of Sigurdsson. He’s willingly doing it and praising him.

No one is forcing him to play the likes of Sigurdsson. He’s willingly doing it and praising him.
I wouldn’t have Sigurdsson anywhere near the squad. I do admit to being baffled by his selection but Gomes has stunk the place out too for a good while. I suppose he could try Iwobi or Bernard in there or move James central and play Gordon on the wing.

I genuinely don't recall one person saying Carlo should be sacked yet there are a dozen+ that say "you weapons saying Carlo needs to be sacked are embarrassing".

Read the thread before jumping to your idiotic conclusions ffs.
Re-read the thread, there are a few saying he should be if he can’t get top 4 or Europe at minimum

Re-read the thread, there are a few saying he should be if he can’t get top 4 or Europe at minimum
So, decided to look back the last 10 pages, no. As far as I can tell unless I missed a post was one person saying "he needs to get Europe by end of next year" and a couple more saying "the board didn't hire him to miss out on Europe. If he does they have to be reminding him what they brought him here for".

So, decided to look back the last 10 pages, no. As far as I can tell unless I missed a post was one person saying "he needs to get Europe by end of next year" and a couple more saying "the board didn't hire him to miss out on Europe. If he does they have to be reminding him what they brought him here for".
Fair enough. Although I’d be reminding the board that I have to play Sigurdsson every week lol

Fair enough. Although I’d be reminding the board that I have to play Sigurdsson every week lol
Except he doesn’t. I have no sympathy for him that he brought Sigurdsson back in and we started to drop points. If he can’t see that, it’s on him.

Fulham, Leeds and Burnley up next are huge games for how this season is going to go.

Except he doesn’t. I have no sympathy for him that he brought Sigurdsson back in and we started to drop points. If he can’t see that, it’s on him.

Fulham, Leeds and Burnley up next are huge games for how this season is going to go.
Who would you play then? Seeing as how we’ve played Sig who’s a ghost, Gomes who’s badly out of form, Delph who’s perpetually injured and Davies who’s Davies. Or would you move formation to only have a 2 man centre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back