Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's getting more wrong than right atm, but the alternative is Sean Dyche or Eddie Howe so I'm not even considering going with someone else.

Also there isn't a chance in hell that Rodriguez or Allan would be here without him.

I think missing out on a Zaha like player and a competent goalkeeper have cost us this year.

Tried that with Koeman and Silva. They both had reputations as disciplinarians who played high pressing games, valued fitness, had compact tactical systems, took no nonsense.

This shower of players threw both of them under the bus. They’re not running for anyone. You could have Simeone in here, Mourinho. Gylfi ain’t getting off his deck chair for any of them. Mina isn’t going to switch on at a corner for any of them. Iwobi won’t learn to cross a ball for any of them. You know why? Because they know full well that there’s no one better on the bench to replace them.

Silva a disciplinan LOL bloke looked like he was about to burst into tears on the touchline every week lol lol

Heard it all now.

I’m brain dead for wanting a manager gone who’s done nothing here?

Take away his history at other clubs, what’s he done here that says to you that he can move us up the table?
Wanting him gone after 12 months is a bit knee jerk tbh. It’s fine to question him and the football isn’t particularly great, but he deserves more than 12 months to show he can do this.

It doesn’t look great at the moment though I agree.

What's any of our previous four managers done?

What's your alternative plan? Who comes in?

You have nothing, so yes, you are being reactive to a few bad results and therefore stupid. No patience for stupid views right now.
A bad result is a one-off. 1 win in 7 is unacceptable form.

My alternative plan is to get a manager in who doesn’t think playing a past-it, injury-prone player at LB is a good idea.

He’s lost here. We’re tailspinning down the table and without doubt we’re going to be about 15th by the end of the year.

Out of interest, what position do you think he’ll have us in 31/12/2020?

Problem is mate he isn't learning - after that Newcastle game had we turned up and put in a performance against Utd I would have said fair enough he learnt from that disaster side he picked.

He's had weeks to change it up but he's a massively stubborn old git who wont play players in their positions- no harm giving Nkounkou or Gordon a go these last few games but he's being an arse making a point.

We can't sack him as Moshiri has him on a big contract so its 18-24 months of tripe before we can look to get rid.
He has that top manager arrogance which is apparent by this point. I’m fine with that if he was getting results, but he isn’t. He is costing us our shot at European footy every time he decides he is too big for the club.

Bet you can’t wait to get back to Goodison to have a good boo. Your type are a detriment to the club, we are worse off because of you. You are not wanted, by one single person.
Ah, the blaming the fans line. We haven’t been in the stadium since March and we’re still crap.

You’ll have to come up with a new theory.

Wanting him gone after 12 months is a bit knee jerk tbh. It’s fine to question him and the football isn’t particularly great, but he deserves more than 12 months to show he can do this.

It doesn’t look great at the moment though I agree.
We didn’t afford Fat Sam and Silva for similar performances.

Carlo has certainly got a few detractors on here. Some would probably sack him tomorrow, and then call for some European g bshoite to replace him as if they have a clue what they are talking about. The manager is struggling for sure. Changing him now is ludicrous.

This is the boat I’m in. Some of the names that have been spouted on the forum in the past as well. Emery? Howe anyone? The saviour Vitor Periera?

We should be doing better, much better but I don’t think there are many managers that are going to get much out of this lot. I’ll say it again, we needed our first 11 fit and healthy to even have a chance of doing anything this season.

Proper Marco Silva-esque recently.
Totally agree we have looked Silva-esque for a while now.

We have looked crap since we reverted back to one striker up top. Moyes persisted with a single Striker as did Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva and now Ancelotti is doing the same.

We have two of the quickest players at the club in the form of Gordon and Nkounkou who can't even make the bench despite us being short of players on that side of the pitch and the team in general having a distinct lack of pace. And we still end up with Siurdsson and Gomes in the middle of the park.

Baffling!

He has that top manager arrogance which is apparent by this point. I’m fine with that if he was getting results, but he isn’t. He is costing us our shot at European footy every time he decides he is too big for the club.

The one thing I cant stand in managers is stubbornness - its what lost my support in Martinez and Silva and im bordering on wanting this fella out because of it.

Squares in round holes never works yet he just wont look past his arrogance and say right Gordon you're in the team Richarlison move over to the right lad and lets have a go. Or Nkounkou here you go lad take your chance or its Delph ahead of you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back