Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo has certainly got a few detractors on here. Some would probably sack him tomorrow, and then call for some European g bshoite to replace him as if they have a clue what they are talking about. The manager is struggling for sure. Changing him now is ludicrous.

I do agree, I love the man but his actions recently have been nothing short of Silva-esque and he rightly so deserves a calling out.

The jumbled formations, players out of position, they’re all symptoms of the fact the squad is complete and utter dross!

We have one competent full back.

We have one centreback with pace who can pass the ball and he got injured at the start of the season so we had to add Godfrey.

We have one competent central midfielder (Ancelotti brought him in)

We have one decent creative player (Ancelotti brought him in)

We have one good wide player

We have one good striker.

That does not maketh a squad. That doesn’t even make a team, especially when Digne is injured and Richarlison doesn’t want to run.

Compare that to Chelsea City or Liverpool who have at least 2 players for every position good enough for this level.

22 players vs about 6.

He’s turning to the bench and there’s Tosun fresh off a ACL injury, Bernard or Siggurdson. These are not premier league quality options. But people are moaning because two 19 year old reserve players aren’t on there. Lampard looks and he’s got Havertz, Pulisic, Jorginho, Giroud to pick from. It’s apples and Oranges.

We go nowhere sacking managers every 18 months. What he does need to do is bite the bullet and play Nkounkou, even as well as Godfrey did today in an emergency role

Point 1. Carlo Ancelotti is no longer a world class manager he just isnt - Everton would carry on fine without him.

Point 2. How can he ever outlast a poor squad if that clown of a DOF who's added constant dross to it continues to leave us short in positions & signs even more tripe?

Had enough of the excuses with this club - bring in a nutjob manager who has this squad absolutely flogged until they can gallop like Redrum
I’m not sure I’d say Carlo isn’t a world class manager. I don’t think he is someone that is an expert at building a team though. He has been spoiled and it has shown. We can’t afford to freeze our talent and fanny around like top clubs.

I don’t like to repeat myself every week, but he needs a wake up call. This is maybe the 5th one.

Can make as many excuses as we we want really. Simple truth is his players haven’t been good enough. We’ve hardly put up a fight during the last few months. Players look gassed and clueless of ideas. His team selections and supposed tactics have been questionable. His personnel on the subs bench have been atrocious and his reluctance to give younger lads a go at the expense of him not being able to pick the same old tried and tested faces who have let us down time and time again is a joke.

Buck 100% starts and ends with him.
Agree to an extent but the one thing we can say for the bulk of the players we have is that they are inconsistent. I actually don't understand how people expected a managerial change to suddenly make them consistent. The motivation and focus has to come from the players. The buck starts with the players, they set the tempo, the work rate, the application. We are having the same conversation we have been having for 10+ years here. There's a bigger change that needs to happen at the club and its a complete mentality shift. Everyone on the pitch today knows that performance isn't good enough, there's just too few players who try to change that. There's no leadership, no fear from players of being held accountable, not just by the manager but by their team mates. Its too easy to come to everton and go through the motions. Say the right things. Done and dusted.

We have 4 decent players. Rodriguez, allan, richarlison, calvert lewin. (Digne when fit)
The rest are exhausting. Mind numbing mediocre. We are really paying the price for some disgusting recruitment.

Last edited:
Where did I say get Eddie Howe in?

He’s failed here and we are regressing. It doesn’t matter what he did at AC Milan 15 years ago. The man is not progressing us.

We've tried "up and coming" managers in Martinez and Silva. We've tried "good" or "proven" managers with Koeman and Allardyce.

They've done sod all.

If you want Ancelotti gone at this stage, you're brain dead.

We don't sack him. Ever. We can't do better.

The sooner people realise that the better. The manager isn't the focus - it's not his fault he has disasters like Sigurdsson on the books.
I’m starting to genuinely believe he keeps bringing on Sigurdsson and Tosun to show they’re still fit premier league players so we can get them sold ASAP.
Carlo is here for the long run, he will be backed, deadwood will be flogged or contracts will run out and we will buy better players to play the way he wants us to (the way we started the season).
Allan and James have been two of our best players this season and someone with Doucoure’s energy was desperately needed too, whether he’s the one Carlo really wanted is questionable but he’s far more effective than Sigurdsson!
Then we’ve also brought in Nkounkou and Godfrey for the future who’ve both looked promising and will only get better.
The problem will be holding on to DCL, Digne and Richarlison if we don’t get Europe this year

Yea he got it wrong today but not way you sack him. We have to bring players in who can come on from the bench and help us win games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back