Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The squad is awful and we want to get rid of the one guy who can attract the quality we need to improve it quickly. Watching James have to play in the same team as Iwobi or Sigurdsson is painful. Allan having to play football with Michael Keane is painful to see.

We haven’t got a batch of quick goal scoring wide forwards sat on the bench kicking their heels. We haven’t got 4 top quality full backs that Carlo is ignoring. We haven’t got too creative midfielders. What is any other manager going to do with this group that Carlo isn’t trying?
He’s going to fill the squad with past it players like Isco and Khedira.

Disgraceful it really is. Utterly pathetic club

Its little surprise. I think the first team lads know the score. They can’t be dropped because the bench is terrible and they know when the bums who have been terrible for years come on they’re not really gonna try and impress or go the extra mile because they don’t have to. They’re happy sitting on the bench getting minutes now and again getting their massive pay cheques for doing minimum.

Meanwhile young hungry lads like Gordon & Nkounkou who impress when they play and work hard are told to instead carry on playing with the U23s until they are deemed experienced enough lol

Club is rotten.

To be honest I’m we are not getting the results we should, but I’m happy that we have james threading passes like I haven’t seen from an Everton player.
my concern is that poten
Allardyce had zero interest in improving, how many games did we wind up with 0-3 shots period, Silva got an undeserved stay of excecution and should have been gone early on last season
allardyce wouldn’t have allowed james on the pitch to pass to Siguruson. That kind of football was non existent under fat Sam. We played some decent footvall today. Not good enough. But there were bits that were pleasing on the eye

You’ll be fine with Ancelotti, imho.

The summer 2021 transfer window will be interesting. Will he move out more than just usual suspects eg Tosun regularly mentioned in your discussions. Holgate for example?

[No pro LFC agenda, despite the accusations ..... I’m a Brighton season ticket holder, first game 1976].
Head patted by a Brighton fan.

A new low.

People’s only defence of Ancelotti is his past successes at other clubs.

No one can put up a defence for him from his time here.

He’s been disgraceful.

The FA Cup Derby and that 2-2 Newcastle game summed up his time here.
Moyes sacrificed a derby for an FA Cup quarter final and got a 3-0 hiding, then bottled the semi against them from 1-0 up, Martinez got us a 4-0 hiding twice, Silva landed us our worst derby defeat in decades. All far worse than that cup game

Manage a club like Everton? Wtf. Managed pretty much every one of Europe's biggest clubs and brought success to them. Managed a number of the best players of the last 20 years but yeah, can't manage a club like Everton. Behave.
Think he means he’s managed the best clubs, so it’s harder for him to adapt to here.

Surprised at some of the reactions to Carlo. It’s well documented he’s not a great (or even good) coach, what he is is a great manager of top talent, making them at ease and able to perform. Having played with top players himself (especially at Milan), he understands what top players want, and creates a harmony among them. He’s very similar to what Zidane has done at Real. Put Zidane in a job that requires coaching of lesser players and he’d likely be as lost as Carlo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back