Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate I've seen us getting hammered at home by West Brom and Bolton, get dumped out of cups by Tranmere, Bristol Rovers and the like, sat in freezing cold conditions to see us lose dead European rubbers with kids, that Derby doesn't even break my top 20
Don’t forget Wigan at home in the Cup.

So you want someone like klopp to come in and make us world beaters and go three years unbeaten at home in the space of two windows. Even they had to give him time

He’s changed to 5 at the back to try and tighten up the defence? Sure it’s not worked but he’s obviously trying to turn it around. Won’t slag the players because mentally they are awful, crumble under any sort of pressure.
Klopp came in and you could see improvement. I don’t see any improvement and I don’t think anyone can claim there has been.

People actually want him sacked ? Don't get me wrong, I've got concerns like others but sacking him is pointless, who are we going to get in that's better. Does anyone honestly believe we will tear up the league with a different manager ? It will be more of the same. This is Everton, a club which isn't allowed nice things.

You’re making my point for me here. I’m not saying German sides aren’t good, the top ones are, but before Klopp went to Dortmund you had one big team in Germany in Bayern. Klopp put some good form together and Dortmund started regularly qualifying for the CL also. They had 4 spots though so no other team was tying those down consistently. That means a Leipzig can come along and within a few years of investment has a clear run at the top 4 and not only can make it but once there can outspend all its competitions for it so can stay there year after year.

Take Spurs for example, Pochettino did a brilliant job ousting Liverpool, United, and Chelsea at one time or another from the top 4. What did they do? Just threw billions at the worlds top managers until we now find Spurs outside the CL this season again, and those teams inside it. Even if by some miracle we made it into the CL, prospective targets can’t hang their hat on us being in it again the season after. Leipzig can now tell any young player in Germany that they’re pretty much guaranteed CL football. It’s a completely different proposition that is far easier to manage.
Yes, do not disagree that there is more competition in the PL. Still, it is not very difficult to predict who will win the PL. But I'm not sure if Everton are any better than teams like Gladbach, Wolfsburg, Frankfurt, etc. It should be worrying considering how much money Everton spend, versus these teams. On the other hand, even though Everton have a lot of money, Everton can not yet compete with the other top teams in Europe and the PL. We can not only have a strategy that only includes buying ourselves to success - as Chelsea and Man City did. That's unrealistic. City also relied in part on Guerdiola to truly create an identity.

No wins from games against Newcastle, Leeds, Burnley and Southampton in the past month despite having the form striker in the league is absolutely pathetic.

Let’s not pretend otherwise or say it’s because the squad is terrible etc.

We should be beating all those teams. We are better man for man, no doubt. It therefore comes down to game plan and coaching.

We’re a joke currently and absolutely horrendous to watch. So drab it’s utterly miserable to endure.

The problem with Carlo is that he is not a good motivator , never was . players love playing for him because they see him as a father figure but if things aren't going well he is not the type to motivate the team .
In the past all his teams had leaders on the field to motivate and rally the troops (Maldini , Terry , Nesta , Ramos ect ) He also had players with a "champion" mentality. Now he has no leaders on the field and most of our players are weak and just happy to get their wage .

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back