Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
People actually want him sacked ? Don't get me wrong, I've got concerns like others but sacking him is pointless, who are we going to get in that's better. Does anyone honestly believe we will tear up the league with a different manager ? It will be more of the same. This is Everton, a club which isn't allowed nice things.
I don’t want him sacked. I would like Carlo to maybe cut loose some of the absolute dross in the squad and gamble on youth until jan. Sigurdsson and Delph, at the very least, should not play again for this club.

Quite happy to give Carlo time like.

No wins from games against Newcastle, Leeds, Burnley and Southampton in the past month despite having the form striker in the league is absolutely pathetic.

Let’s not pretend otherwise or say it’s because the squad is terrible etc.

We should be beating all those teams. We are better man for man, no doubt. It therefore comes down to game plan and coaching.

We’re a joke currently and absolutely horrendous to watch. So drab it’s utterly miserable to endure.

We cant afford to sack him until he's in his 3rd and final year and even then its going to cost Moshiri £11 million big ones.

Got another 12-18 months of this to come sadly unless he loses his stubborness but by then this season will be over anyway and likely Richarlison will be off next summer.

imagine this scenario, the difference between carlo and (regrettably) someone like klopp, is that 2-3 years ago, if he has a choice of picking Seamus or Trent at right back, Carlo would have gone with seamus all day long. Klopp shows confidence in trent, sees the potential, allows for the fact that he will make a few mistakes here and there but sees how good going forward he is. Puts him in the team more often than not, and today you have a right back looking an England regular for the foreseeable and your first choice right back for your club.

Substitute Trent with nkoukou. Not saying he's as good as digne, but if you want young players to develop, you need to give them opportunities and game time, in big games. With Digne out, it's the perfect opportunity to do this with nkoukou, but no, delph has the experience and is picked out of position despite being the slowest player in the league (including keepers from every club in the league) and being absolutely gash on the ball. This type of conservative (cowardly) mindset won't work in this league. Other clubs allow young good players to get experience, Carlo looks reluctant in this regard and it's worrying.

Nobody wants him sacked,he just isn't doing very well is he,been here a year and we haven't improved at all have we.

I definitely don't want him sacked. Got to be given enough time to get rid of the losers out of the club and bring in the right guys but that doesn't make him exempt from criticism. As you rightly say, there is simply no denying that Carlo is continually getting it wrong at present which should not be happening with his vast experience. He doesn't seem to be learning from his mistakes and add that to the loser and cant be assed mentality from some of the players that has plagued us for a few years and few managers now, it is also Carlo's job to manage and sort that regardless and he needs to start doing so rapidly.

Cant even be bothered watching the boring losers at the moment.

Then I’m very surprised you hold this view.
3/4/5 goal hammerings in derbies are 100 times more humiliating, cup exits to lower League teams are more humiliating. I come from two families with predominant Reds, I only have an uncle on my mum's side and and uncle and cousins on my dad's who are fellow Blues. I got way more stick for the 5-2 under Silva than the cup game

3/4/5 goal hammerings in derbies are 100 times more humiliating, cup exits to lower League teams are more humiliating. I come from two families with predominant Reds, I only have an uncle on my mum's side and and uncle and cousins on my dad's who are fellow Blues. I got way more stick for the 5-2 under Silva than the cup game
They aren’t when your biggest rival can put out a reserve team and still knock you out on national television in front of 8,000 Evertonians.

The biggest concern for me is that I don´t see a system or pattern that´s developing which will give us success over a longer period of time. We look like we´ll do enough to grind out results and win games to keep us in around the top 10 but there´s something missing for us to do any more than that.

The midfield looks not just painfully slow but also clueless with hardly anyone having a clue what they´re doing. I feel like the defence has been hung out to dry as a consequence. Going forward we struggle to sustain attacks or any pressure due to our players not being good enough on the ball. The last few weeks have been a painful watch.

We cant afford to sack him until he's in his 3rd and final year and even then its going to cost Moshiri £11 million big ones.

Got another 12-18 months of this to come sadly unless he loses his stubborness but by then this season will be over anyway and likely Richarlison will be off next summer.

If we could afford to pay 30 mill for Iwobi then we can afford it.

I'm not writing him off, I still think he can do something in a cup and hopefully Europe and build a better side with more transfer windows, but even with great teams his domestic record wasn't great.

If anything it the player would have a bit of a pass from the fans as he’d be learning on the job.
He would be forgiven a few errors and it would do his progress the world of good.
Kidding right? Godfrey was getting written off after Fulham for giving a pen away

What I can't get my head around is we have a bench full of cowards, crabs, sloths in Tosun, Siggurdsson, Bernard why the hell isn't he putting the likes of Gordon or Simms on the bench I mean what is there to lose?

He's really infuriating me at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back