Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo has made mistakes in recent weeks tonight it was spot on tactically, selections and even the subs. Well in

Dont think anyone has denied that. The vicious way he's been gone for on here though by quite a few has been OTT. Turning on the manager in what was basically his first rough spell at the club. 6 games and went for the throat.
1 result yesterday hasnt changed much. Still lots to do with this squad in terms of getting many out.

He’s showed he can get results when he needs to. Koeman and Silva couldn’t stop the death spiral when it started but Carlo found a way out of the bad run of form. That’s the difference between poor managers and good managers. He’s not afraid to go 3 at the back with wingbacks, he’s not afraid to go back to 433, he’s not afraid to go back to 4231 with 4 centrebacks out on the pitch. He does whatever he thinks is best to get a win and that’s why he gets wins when others don’t.

There’s been a notable improvement in the defence the last two games. If the whole team can keep playing with the spirit we showed last night and can keep solid at the back then everything is still to play for this season.

There have been legitimate concerns about Ancelotti, but that is not the same as wishing him fired. Several on the forum have pointed out that qualifying for Europe must be the expectation this season. Nor is it the same as wishing him fired. We cannot continue to lose money in the long run as we do, without getting something in return.

7 points against the best three teams in the league is fantastic and I really enjoyed that performance last night.
What we need now is a couple of big transfer windows to build a squad who can break down the more negative sides like Burnley and Newcastle who us not beating is a problem.
I think we’ve got a first 11 who can beat anyone, can set up even without some of our best players to beat any top team but just need a bit more quality in our depth for those difficult to breakdown teams and we’ll be a real force again.
If we’d have beaten Burnley and Newcastle we’d be top of the league right now and that’s even accepting losses to Leeds, Southampton and a pretty dodgy Man U!

On a side note to the questioning of Ancelotti.

I thought fitness wise we looked absolutely fine last night, mentally sharp and alert and physically strong even in injury time.

Definitely much better last night. I'm not convinced its been pure fitness thats been the problem though, its been more a mentality thing. We wanted to get out to the ball and press hard once they came to our final third. There was commitment across the pitch and that wasn't the case against Leeds, Newcastle, United or the first half at Burnley.

Having a crowd behind the Gwladys net helps in the second half too

Definitely much better last night. I'm not convinced its been pure fitness thats been the problem though, its been more a mentality thing. We wanted to get out to the ball and press hard once they came to our final third. There was commitment across the pitch and that wasn't the case against Leeds, Newcastle, United or the first half at Burnley.

Having a crowd behind the Gwladys net helps in the second half too

Definitely mate, I didn't think it was fitness tbh I felt it was a mentality issue and attitude.

The fans last night helped massively imo, just gave them that extra yard, the little bit of focus needed to see games out.

Too many times during the poor run we've just been bullied where last night I felt like we bullied Chelsea any time they came within a sniff of our goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back