Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s showed he can get results when he needs to. Koeman and Silva couldn’t stop the death spiral when it started but Carlo found a way out of the bad run of form. That’s the difference between poor managers and good managers. He’s not afraid to go 3 at the back with wingbacks, he’s not afraid to go back to 433, he’s not afraid to go back to 4231 with 4 centrebacks out on the pitch. He does whatever he thinks is best to get a win and that’s why he gets wins when others don’t.

There’s been a notable improvement in the defence the last two games. If the whole team can keep playing with the spirit we showed last night and can keep solid at the back then everything is still to play for this season.

I think (and hope) we will be quite streaky. We will find a system that works for a bit, it will be quite innovative with strengths and weaknesses, get on a bit of a run, and then probably get worked out. As we find something else that works, then reuslts will then be a bit patchy. What you begin to hope is the winning runs last longer, and the patchy periods get shorter as we get more confidence. Also as we add better players with each window that dynamic aso increases.

I am not sure it will wholly go away, but you want to reduce the down periods and extend the good ones.

Touch wood, no injuries from yesterday and we have a bit of a template to build on, that will be ok for the rest of the year with tougher games. You can switch out James and Sigurdsson in that "10" role, which to be fair is theonly role Sigurdsson can play and not be a liability and will suit James too.

James
Doucoure
Allan
Godfrey
Nkoukou
Olsen

Funny looking 3.
olsen brought in as last min sub to get pick's head together. so far it worked.
nkonkou a teenager that's more of a future project (if he develops).

godfrey has been decent.

so basically i've missed by 1

edit: I mean, I get what you're saying. Result is everything. But after having years of managers who couldn't utilize half a billion in pound sterling in transfers and wages, I think some time is in order to clean up that mess.

I won’t lie, playing Godfrey on the left or Iwobi as a right midfielder and wing back is something I’d never do but it’s certainly been working.

I want him sacked if he doesn’t deliver European football or a trophy. That’s my opinion, you may hold a different opinion. That’s completely fine and a difference of opinion creates good debate.

Hang on a minute. You want him sacked if he doesnt deliver a trophy or European football in his first full season?

Lofty expectations there mate. You do realise you support Everton. A team that's had 5 managers in 4 seasons, a squad made up of the remnants of the failed reigns and you expecting carlo ancellotti to undo all them years of mediocrity in 18 months of football.

Dial it back lad

Hang on a minute. You want him sacked if he doesnt deliver a trophy or European football in his first full season?

Lofty expectations there mate. You do realise you support Everton. A team that's had 5 managers in 4 seasons, a squad made up of the remnants of the failed reigns and you expecting carlo ancellotti to undo all them years of mediocrity in 18 months of football.

Dial it back lad
For £11m a year and with some of the players we’ve got? Yes. We don’t have to finish above any extraordinary teams to finish in a European place.

For £11m a year and with some of the players we’ve got? Yes. We don’t have to finish above any extraordinary teams to finish in a European place.

I do see where your coming from. But for me this is a time for transition not expectation. The 11m is what it takes for a club like ours to get one of the greatest managers to ever step on the touchline, that man is clearly what we need to compete but it wont be an overnight thing.

We are 4 points of top atm, its a great start but wanting the man sacked for not delivering in his first full season is the type of mentality that means we end up with a manager with a loaf for a head when he goes.

Dont be a da lid, have patience

I do see where your coming from. But for me this is a time for transition not expectation. The 11m is what it takes for a club like ours to get one of the greatest managers to ever step on the touchline, that man is clearly what we need to compete but it wont be an overnight thing.

We are 4 points of top atm, its a great start but wanting the man sacked for not delivering in his first full season is the type of mentality that means we end up with a manager with a loaf for a head when he goes.

Dont be a da lid, have patience
I also see where you are coming from. January will be an interesting month to see if we bring anyone in and what impact that has.

Also, it’s nice to have someone post a sensible counter-argument without resorting to petty insults so some no marks can lap it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back