Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only worry we will because we usually oblige when a team is on a terrible run. But on form, no. Arsenal are there for the taking.

It will be a test as the approach will have to be different. More attack minded. Which leaves us more open.
But i still think transfer windows are the progress. The more we get in with quality the more we can adapt to different approaches.
Still a lot to do with this squad.

Brilliant turnaround. Entered these fixtures wondering where we were getting the points from and now we´ve got 6 from 6. Stumbled upon a formula that gets clean sheets too which is a bonus.

I think it´s clear the squad is still lacking but fortunately for us you could say that about almost every team in the league this year. I don´t think we need to be fantastic to get European football next season.

It will be a test as the approach will have to be different. More attack minded. Which leaves us more open.
But i still think transfer windows are the progress. The more we get in with quality the more we can adapt to different approaches.
Still a lot to do with this squad.

Saturday is a difficult one because there will be an onus on to take the game to them which I think we´ll struggle with. An early goal for us and play on the counter for the rest of the match would be the dream ticket.

This man has nearly a 50% win record with us, anyone who thinks he is not the messiah is a very naughty boy.
Even with some of the squad he inherited he's laid a solid foundation.
There's always going to be dips in form that goes for every team.
The man knows what he's doing but we wont see his best til he gets all the players he wants in.
But for now he's getting some of these players to really step up.
The sign of a very top manager.

Saturday is a difficult one because there will be an onus on to take the game to them which I think we´ll struggle with. An early goal for us and play on the counter for the rest of the match would be the dream ticket.

Its an interesting game because they are so there for the taking.
But just like so many thought we would have an awful december with so many tough fixtures. It just doesnt pan out the way you think it should. Evertons huge problem for years has been delivering when expected.

Its an interesting game because they are so there for the taking.
But just like so many thought we would have an awful december with so many tough fixtures. It just doesnt pan out the way you think it should. Evertons huge problem for years has been delivering when expected.

It´s been a long time since we found any real consistency. Probably Martinez first season.

I think the next two games are huge. Win them and the table might start to space out a little in our favour. Right now 8 points between 2nd and 14th is so tight that a bad run of form makes you hate football again very quickly.

That 4231 we played is really our best formation

I hope he keeps it even when James comes back
It's funny, through martinez, koeman & silva I came to hate 4 2 3 1 and was desperate for something different but it looks like it is working for us now.

I still think it lacks fluency between defence and attack as the 4 2 3 get separated from the 1, hence the lack of attacking at the moment. But it is working.

Looking at players who I think Ancelotti has improved I think DCL is an obvious one and Keane is another for me.

But I also want to mention Iwobi. Ancelotti has mentioned him plenty and it's almost been like willing the kid on publicly. It's only recently I'd say he's put in performances where he looks like an Everton player.

He played him at the tail end of last season and apart from 2nd half Norwich away it just didn't look like it was going to work

But at least the last few games he has offered us something which gives me hope Ancelotti is getting a tune out of him now and he could be a valuable team member.

Really patient and excellent coaching imo from Ancelotti

Remember this next time we get a bad result that people don’t expect. He can pull a win from anywhere.

Exactly. Said this myself a few days ago, he won't get it right every game and there will be times where we don't perform and everyone is left annoyed. But the fact of the matter is he gets the majority of tactical decisions correct and under him we're capable of turning up anywhere and pulling out a result, that's massive.

I'm very confident he will win us something whilst he's here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back