Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can sneak into the champions league places...just imagine the players who will want to join Ancelotti...
9E2D76A1-135B-42A0-B9E2-201451AF022A.webp

One point behind Saint Ralph and Brendan. 3 points ahead of Nuno, 6 points ahead of Bielsa, 7 ahead of Arteta. 5 points off the top of the league.

Not bad for a bloke without a long term plan, with no discernible style of play, who can’t organise a defence, isn’t showing any signs of improvement, can’t organise fitness drills, and is tactically inferior to Steve Bruce.

I maintain that the ridiculous start we had was the worst thing to happen in terms of fan expectations. We're going to drop points at weird times this year and, personally, I don't think we have the squad to get top 4. But Europe and maybe a cup is still very much on the cards and it baffles me how people can't see how much better we have been generally since Ancelotti arrived. Better results, better football, better players coming in. This guy needs more than a year ffs, but you know that every loss is going to be an inquest and a soaking wet bed

Has he been sacked yet?

Clueless they said..... Ive muted about 20 Everton cryarses on Twitter in the past fortnight.

They literally lined themselves up against one of the greatest managers of all time and James Rodriguez. Then had the temerity to suggest names like Graham Potter and Eddie Howe for manager, and that we should have bought Callum Wilson or Josh King. Unbelievable.

I maintain that the ridiculous start we had was the worst thing to happen in terms of fan expectations. We're going to drop points at weird times this year and, personally, I don't think we have the squad to get top 4. But Europe and maybe a cup is still very much on the cards and it baffles me how people can't see how much better we have been generally since Ancelotti arrived. Better results, better football, better players coming in. This guy needs more than a year ffs, but you know that every loss is going to be an inquest and a soaking wet bed

It was bad for expectations because I agree with your assessment of where we are. What it did do though was keep the baying mob at the door when we hit our first stumbling block. If we’d been mid table and then had 4 losses out of 5 and ended up in the bottom half the Wolves would have been out for him on here and some of the players probably would have thought they might be able to get him out. As it was the threat of relegation this season was gone after 4 games and it became apparent that Ancelotti was untouchable. The players either had to get in line and get back in form or they were out.

Only two games but fact the squad has been used heavily in those is the biggest plus. Be great if the penny has dropped with some of them. Doesnt have to be great perfomance wise, just turning up and making the shirt sweat.

Only two games but fact the squad has been used heavily in those is the biggest plus. Be great if the penny has dropped with some of them. Doesnt have to be great perfomance wise, just turning up and making the shirt sweat.

Ancelotti said it himself, it’s just hard work. Some of these players just didn’t work hard enough to win football matches and it looks as though for some of them the penny is dropping like you said. Maybe watching Allan Godfrey and Doucoure busting a gut every game has given a reality check to the likes of Mina and Iwobi.

One point behind Saint Ralph and Brendan. 3 points ahead of Nuno, 6 points ahead of Bielsa, 7 ahead of Arteta. 5 points off the top of the league.

Not bad for a bloke without a long term plan, with no discernible style of play, who can’t organise a defence, isn’t showing any signs of improvement, can’t organise fitness drills, and is tactically inferior to Steve Bruce.

With no full backs and our best player out.

But yanno. Carlo

If we'd lost, there'd be a reasonable argument that it was the wrong team, surely? I find this way of looking at things a bit odd to be honest.

I mean it's not some weird conspiracy, it's just pretty basic stuff. It's a results business, the manager and players are responsible for doing things that win games; if they do that they're doing well, if they don't they aren't. If Sigurdsson had taken his pen like that and the keeper had gone the right way and saved it we'd be saying what the hell was that, but because it went in it's a good pen. Exactly the same principle. That's just how things work isn't it. Not just in football, but in life.

This is exactly the point I was making. Why would a defeat mean it was the wrong team by default? What makes it so certain that any other team selection would have seen a better result?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, especially when you don't even know what would happen with an alternative team.

We're inconsistent because the squads still rubbish. But if people wanna believe we lost matches because some young left back. unproven in the league, didn't get picked, then that's up to them, but it doesn't make then right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back