Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half of you probably haven’t seen Simms play a single minute. If the answer is ‘he needs to play Gordon and Simms’ then we’re asking completely the wrong question. They’ve just brought Martial and Rashford off the bench to add to Pogba Cavani Fernandes Van Der Beek FFS.

Get real. It’s the cold hard facts of squad quality. Davies Tosun Sigurdsson Keane Bernard Coleman are bottom half premier league players. This has been proven under many different managers now and yet people expect them to win all 4 games in against Chelsea Leicester Arsenal and United.

We have 5 top quality players in Allan Digne James Richarlison DCL.

We then have some good players to support them in Holgate Godfrey Doucoure

Everyone else isn’t at a top 6 standard.

You therefore can’t take 4 of those top quality players away, and expect to beat a United team who have some of the best players in the world in their team and on their bench.

Until Carlo has enough windows to get rid of Coleman Kenny Davies Sigurdsson Bernard Tosun from the squad and replace them with top 6 standard players who can be rotated with our top players then lo and behold we probably won’t finish in the top 6!

Everton fans keep expecting managers to work miracles with a squad of utter trash littered with one or two super stars. Same with Martinez, Lukaku Barkley Stones then a sea of trash, Koeman just had Lukaku, then Silva with Digne and Richarlison. Ancelotti has finally brought some more in but as usual they’re all injured. We can’t just keep relying on a player or two because they lose form or get injured and then we’re absolutely screwed.

By my reckoning we have the ninth best squad in the league behind the sky six Leicester and Wolves yet if we finished 9th some fans on here would be fuming and they are legitimately expecting a top 6 challenge from Carlo. To have us in 4th with these players is massively over achieving, they’re so bad, watching the likes of Keane Iwobi and Coleman trying to put passes together in that game was genuinely painful.

Carlo is our only hope of redemption at this basket case of a club. Every one of his signings had improved the team massively.

‘yeah but why he is he not playing Simms’
Is he a manager good enough to make the squad better or not? Odds are we won't ever have as good a team as some of those we play. Managers need to try and make up the difference. Today he widened the gap.

I'm not saying it was an easy game to win but we were shocking for long stretches. We barely had a sniff of goal and they could have scored 4 or 5 on a day where they finished well. The level of performance matters just like it did for the last 3 league games. Sometimes the results paper over the cracks.

Prefacing this completely by saying want able to see the match but Carlo really should be schooling OGS. The fact we've not lost to him twice is not exactly awe inspiring.

Id really like an answer to this. School him how? Given the two line ups. The 8 internationals they brought in fresh legged. Explain how this schooling works?

My last post of the evening.

Though it's another crappy, painful, disappointing gut wrenching way to go out again, we are on the right path with Ancelotti.

Let's try and remain positive until at least boxing day lol

All the best fellow blues and enjoy your evening.
His interview after basically say we were playing for penalties and utd have a lot more quality. I don’t think we can argue with him there.
we all would have love to seen us go out toe to toe with them. Let’s hope he’s telling moshiri the same thing or he was watching, seeing how far we need to go

It was always going to catch up with us 28% possession against Chelsea, 39% against Leicester , 42% against Arsenal and 31% possession in the 2nd half tonight.

We nearly held out for penalties but our legs had gone.

His interview after basically say we were playing for penalties and utd have a lot more quality. I don’t think we can argue with him there.
we all would have love to seen us go out toe to toe with them. Let’s hope his telling moshiri the same think or he was watching, seeing how far we need to go

I think we will be here next monday aswell. City will freshen it up from their game v newcastle sat night. We'll have hardly any to freshen up 48 hours later.

Is he a manager good enough to make the squad better or not? . Managers need to try and make up the difference. Today he widened the gap.

I'm not saying it was an easy game to win but we were shocking for long stretches. We barely had a sniff of goal and they could have scored 4 or 5 on a day where they finished well. The level of performance matters just like it did for the last 3 league games. Sometimes the results paper over the cracks.

Is he a manager good enough to make the squad better or not? Odds are we won't ever have as good a team as some of those we play. Managers need to try and make up the difference. Today he widened the gap.

why not? Then why should we expect to win every time? We’ve been the underdog quality wise in the last three games, but won them all. Then when the fourth game doesn’t go our way people get upset and start blaming the manager. Following that logic, Carlo would have to be perfect in every game and hope his opponent messes up.

Until the Everton board and manager put together a squad of 22 top 6 quality players, I don’t know why we expect to be in the top 6 or even the top 4. This is a bottom half squad with a handful of good players in it that drags it up into the top half. Take those players out and it’s the same players that had 15 points from 15 games last season. The only reason we even have a hope of it is because Carlo is so much better than some of the other managers in the league. That doesn’t mean he won’t be done in a one off game against any of them but to have this team in 4th is miraculous.

Full strength line up and we are missing Allan/Digne/James it was always gonna be a tough ask but as others have mentioned we've played the same way and team for 3 matches in a row and I think we definitely were blowing on fumes for a good chunk, United were just all over us and we couldn't keep up.

We are disappointed, of course. It was an important competition for us. But, no regrets, because the team performed. We had a difficult start but after 25 minutes we were in control defensively. We were good defensively until the end and were close to the penalties. We have no regrets.
Sorry, a disgraceful summary.

I think we will be here next monday aswell. City will freshen it up from their game v newcastle sat night. We'll have hardly any to freshen up 48 hours later.
Yes unfortunately I agree, they only think I would say and it may come back to bite me. City aren’t as clinical as this Utd team imo. And are smaller not as aggressive.

if we defend out of our skins I’m sure we will get the odd chance in the game

TBF the true 4-3-3 worked for as long as teams didn't realise James wasn't going to defend. If we signed someone to play on the right (someone like Neto) and put James in the middle 3 we'd go back to being fantastic again, I think.
This isn't totally true though. The issues in the middle of the field, Pickford being bad and our defenders making mistakes were as problematic.

The problem is as many goals came because of problems in the middle or down the left but we've neutered our attack and not made the defense that much better trying to fix it and haven't even accomplished it making the defense any better.

This isn't totally true though. The issues in the middle of the field, Pickford being bad and our defenders making mistakes were as problematic.

The problem is as many goals came because of problems in the middle or down the left but we've neutered our attack and not made the defense that much better trying to fix it and haven't even accomplished it making the defense any better.

the same flaws are there in the RS though - its just that because the attack is so good that teams (except Villa) can't really exploit them. I think it would work for us as well, provided whoever it is on the right is good enough.

why not? Then why should we expect to win every time? We’ve been the underdog quality wise in the last three games, but won them all. Then when the fourth game doesn’t go our way people get upset and start blaming the manager. Following that logic, Carlo would have to be perfect in every game and hope his opponent messes up.

Until the Everton board and manager put together a squad of 22 top 6 quality players, I don’t know why we expect to be in the top 6 or even the top 4. This is a bottom half squad with a handful of good players in it that drags it up into the top half. Take those players out and it’s the same players that had 15 points from 15 games last season. The only reason we even have a hope of it is because Carlo is so much better than some of the other managers in the league. That doesn’t mean he won’t be done in a one off game against any of them but to have this team in 4th is miraculous.
We have a better team than Arsenal lol.

I've said all week that I thought last week was more luck than us finding a good way of going about things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back