Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
the same flaws are there in the RS though - its just that because the attack is so good that teams (except Villa) can't really exploit them. I think it would work for us as well, provided whoever it is on the right is good enough.
They aren't though. The RS play a midfield 3 almost every week that has 3 players who can do a job covering space and making it hard for teams to play. We play 1 and a half of those guys when Allan is playing. That's a crucial difference. Even when they drop Firmino into a true #10 role to allow Jota to play they have more midfield than what we had tonight.

This one isn’t Carlo’s fault but holy lord at some of the apologist humbug in here.

Its not though is it. Its really not rocket science. United tonight and it will be the same v man city next week. They wont be playing the same side 3 times in the space of 6 days.
The bottom line is we got done by a far superior squad. United had the luxury of making 9 changes tonight from the side who did leeds. And all expensive signings. What are we arguing about. Anthony gordon and maybe simms.
Says it all.

We just don't have the squad until we do we have to respect the job Carlo is doing
Was thinking that. Of our squad arguably only Keane, Digne, Richarlison, Allan, Doucoure, James and DCL (possibly Godfrey in the future) are of the necessary standard to compete for Europe and honours. Out of that list, 3 didn’t start and one went off around the hour mark. Before the last window, 4 of those players weren’t here. We need similar successful recruitment over the next 2 windows if we are going to close the gap further. My preference would be a new GK, RB, CM and RW. We still lack pace within the side and players who are comfortable on the ball and able to move it on quickly.

We have a better team than Arsenal lol.

I've said all week that I thought last week was more luck than us finding a good way of going about things.

No we don’t.

Aubemayang Lacazette Pepe Saka Willian Partey Ceballos Ozil Tierney Gabriel Leno all walk into our squad if they were in normal form (and didn’t have Arteta butchering it)

How many of our players would Arsenal want in their squad? Richarlison DCL James Digne Allan maybe? They might not all make the first team.

We don’t have a better team than Arsenal’s and we don’t have a better squad. The fact we are ahead of them is because we have a better manager than them. Carlo is getting our players over performing whilst Arteta is doing the opposite. Even then they pretty much dominated the game against us.

No we don’t.

Aubemayang Lacazette Pepe Saka Willian Partey Ceballos Ozil Tierney Gabriel Leno all walk into our squad if they were in normal form (and didn’t have Arteta butchering it)

How many of our players would Arsenal want in their squad? Richarlison DCL James Digne Allan maybe? They might not all make the first team.

We don’t have a better team than Arsenal’s and we don’t have a better squad. The fact we are ahead of them is because we have a better manager than them. Carlo is getting our players over performing whilst Arteta is doing the opposite. Even then they pretty much dominated the game against us.
Aubameyang Partey Ozil and Gabriel all didn't play. Tierney wouldn't start for us over Digne. Ceballos is crap we just have a crap midfield too. Lacazette didn't start terrible Nketiah did. Saka is all hype no substance right now. Maybe in 3 years but not now for him.

That team is crap. I agree we're ahead because of Carlo but the squad is good enough to expect us to be better than them imo. I swear I've said on here going back months now I'd be angry to finish behind Arsenal and it is still true.

No we don’t.

Ancelloti is working wonders with a poor squad. The team that finished tonight was largely the same group of players who played last season. If we had the same players on the pitch as last season tonight. why should we be surprised they have the same level of performance we sadly witnessed far too often last season?

No we don’t.

Got to be honest I think we have a better team than Arsenal. They are an utter mess.

You cant include Ozil, he doesn't even play for them!

No we don’t.

A good proportion of the players you are speaking about at Arsenal would be described by their fans as their dead wood. Pepe, Ozil and Willian have been absolutely shocking for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back