Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The goal takes advantage of our central midfield positioning and a similar gap probably doesn't open up if there is a third man. Check where Davies and Doucoure are when the ball goes into Martial. Complete chasm.

Yes but regardless if there's another man there, Davies should be there and he's in no man's land.

Anyway mate, I've gotta go and kick a ferret or something to make me feel better.

Not sure there's much difference between him and Seamus at right back. Holgate isn't a midfield player either.

The team was what we could put out. Too many players bottled it.
Should have kept the same back 4 for me.

That set up was playing well.

We should have been 4-0 down after 25 mins.

Anyway, it’s nice to be back to the real Everton tonight.

Fully behind him. Not expecting much this season but seeing how much he had improved players gives me confidence. Be happy with top 8 this year but we really gotta get rid of the garbage in the squad and push on next season

Think he will still get a lot out of this lot but i saw tonight coming. Posted in the united thread yest about being a bit jealous of their squad. You could see it coming that they would use most of their bench v leeds.
Hopefuly still enough in the tank for sheff united. But i can see us heavy legged v man city next mon. Who again will use their far superior squad.

Yes but regardless if there's another man there, Davies should be there and he's in no man's land.

Anyway mate, I've gotta go and kick a ferret or something to make me feel better.
Well yes Davies and Doucoure should probably be more disciplined but positional discipline in midfield has been a week spot all season so once again we go back to Carlo.

Apologies for saying this again, but Carlo needs to do what Klopp did and bin an awful lot of these off.

Give him the time and he will.

And Klopp built and indestructible PED powered first 11. His squad depth is still poor in comparison. But they're catching up on the drugs.

As long as we win in the next league tie, I’m fine. Rather we went out early than take a dump in the next round against City and ruin our fitness even more.

Half of you probably haven’t seen Simms play a single minute. If the answer is ‘he needs to play Gordon and Simms’ then we’re asking completely the wrong question. They’ve just brought Martial and Rashford off the bench to add to Pogba Cavani Fernandes Van Der Beek FFS.

Get real. It’s the cold hard facts of squad quality. Davies Tosun Sigurdsson Keane Bernard Coleman are bottom half premier league players. This has been proven under many different managers now and yet people expect them to win all 4 games in against Chelsea Leicester Arsenal and United.

We have 5 top quality players in Allan Digne James Richarlison DCL.

We then have some good players to support them in Holgate Godfrey Doucoure

Everyone else isn’t at a top 6 standard.

You therefore can’t take 4 of those top quality players away, and expect to beat a United team who have some of the best players in the world in their team and on their bench.

Until Carlo has enough windows to get rid of Coleman Kenny Davies Sigurdsson Bernard Tosun from the squad and replace them with top 6 standard players who can be rotated with our top players then lo and behold we probably won’t finish in the top 6!

Everton fans keep expecting managers to work miracles with a squad of utter trash littered with one or two super stars. Same with Martinez, Lukaku Barkley Stones then a sea of trash, Koeman just had Lukaku, then Silva with Digne and Richarlison. Ancelotti has finally brought some more in but as usual they’re all injured. We can’t just keep relying on a player or two because they lose form or get injured and then we’re absolutely screwed.

By my reckoning we have the ninth best squad in the league behind the sky six Leicester and Wolves yet if we finished 9th some fans on here would be fuming and they are legitimately expecting a top 6 challenge from Carlo. To have us in 4th with these players is massively over achieving, they’re so bad, watching the likes of Keane Iwobi and Coleman trying to put passes together in that game was genuinely painful.

Carlo is our only hope of redemption at this basket case of a club. Every one of his signings had improved the team massively.

‘yeah but why he is he not playing Simms’

Apologies for saying this again, but Carlo needs to do what Klopp did and bin an awful lot of these off.
If we're doing the Klopp comparison Carlo needs to figure out what his system is and build to it. We started the year in a true 4-3-3, did some wild crap up at Newcastle that was 4-3-3ish, went to an ill-conceived 3-4-3 and now we are playing a 4-2-3-1 that turns into a 4-4-2 when we don't have the ball.

Klopp played his 4-3-3 from the start and signed players that fit that. It matters.

If we're doing the Klopp comparison Carlo needs to figure out what his system is and build to it. We started the year in a true 4-3-3, did some wild crap up at Newcastle that was 4-3-3ish, went to an ill-conceived 3-4-3 and now we are playing a 4-2-3-1 that turns into a 4-4-2 when we don't have the ball.

Klopp played his 4-3-3 from the start and signed players that fit that. It matters.

TBF the true 4-3-3 worked for as long as teams didn't realise James wasn't going to defend. If we signed someone to play on the right (someone like Neto) and put James in the middle 3 we'd go back to being fantastic again, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back