Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at our 7 Christmas fixtures, with city at home, wolves and villa away Left. after the disappointing performances v Leeds and Burnley and injuries mounting up.

I thought if we can get 10 points out of 21. We will probably still be quite close to the top 6. It will be the end of January. Hopefully James, Allan and even Digne back. Maybe even Gbamin would have played a couple of games. Maybe even a signing or two could have happened. And we can hopefully then kick on for the 2nd half of the season, with a lot teams around us still in Europe, it could play into our hands and top 6 would be a real possibility.

So to already be on 12 points is incredible.

"We feel good also because we have problems at this moment with a lot of players out but this team has a lot of spirit and this is good. I am really pleased to manage these players.

"I am really pleased because I found the right club, a nice club, a family club. I live in a nice area so after one year I can say I was lucky."

When was the last time we had a manager who sounded that pleased to be here? Early Moyes?

How in the name of god are we not only managed by Carlo Ancelotti, but he’s out there saying he’s lucky to be here.

A reminder- it’s less than 1000 days since we were managed by Sam f’n Allardyce
Honestly? Roberto. He may have bombed out but he genuinely was appreciative of the club. He tried remaking it from the ground up.

Carlo tho? I honestly feel like he's just another in the line that get here just a couple years too late. Not that I think age affects him in any way, just that, like Distin, they appreciate the club just a couple years after they really should have joined us. We've said for ages we are a special club and almost everyone we agree should be here agrees as well.

*Jebus this sounds like a criticism* just wish we had everyone here 2-3 years ago.

Last edited:
Carlo is doing what every good manager should do while they are in charge of a team, which is big up the club. Disprove the notion that may exist that just because it isn't London there is no where nice to live.

Now I get that a sixty something year old has different priorities than a twenty something but when you hear that a megastar like Ancelotti is happy to be here I think that will come across well to potential future Everton players. Much better than the Koeman way of doing things which was if you have ambition you shouldn't be here.

Honestly? Roberto. He may have bombed out but he genuinely was appreciative of the club. He tried remaking it from the ground up.

Carlo tho? I honestly feel like he's just another in the line that get here just a couple years too late. Not that I think age affects him in any way, just that, like Distin, they appreciate the club just a couple years after they really should have joined us. We've said for ages we are a special club and almost everyone we agree should be here agrees as well.

*Jebus this sounds like a criticism* just wish we had everyone here 2-3 years ago.

well yearh it does. We will have less of that

Everton have now enjoyed four consecutive wins twice in a season for the first time since the 1986-87 campaign, when they were last champions of England.

Recorder breaker the king.

I don’t post a great deal, but a point I’ve emphasised a few times is the value of coaching and time.

Chequebook fans view football through the prism of transfers and spending. While buying the right players is important, there’s not enough priority given to coaching and improving players - even the ones who have been written off by most.

Bad days and poor form will come again, but in those moments maybe hold back from bleating on about buying and transfers.

I don’t post a great deal, but a point I’ve emphasised a few times is the value of coaching and time.

Chequebook fans view football through the prism of transfers and spending. While buying the right players is important, there’s not enough priority given to coaching and improving players - even the ones who have been written off by most.

Bad days and poor form will come again, but in those moments maybe hold back from bleating on about buying and transfers.
I think it’s just the world we live in, everything needs to be now and if it’s not amazing straight away, get rid.
The great thing is that Carlo keeps saying we’re not great yet, we’re doing well but we’re nowhere near where he wants us to get and that is so exciting. Even when we were flying under Roberto in his first season you felt that he was peaking whereas under Carlo you feel like he’s building something and he’s nowhere near done yet.

That he's got us to 2nd in the table with our patchy squad and a stack of injuries is incredible really. Give the man quality and squad depth and let's see where we go...

You start to think that if Chelsea, City Arsenal (at a push), or United had gambled on him he’d have them top of the league by a distance now given the squads they have.

He’s absolutely world class.

EVbAaXbXgAEJtdE.jpg

You have more than likely all seen this statement.

Quote “Yes I’m really pleased, I’m really happy because I think I found the right club, a family club. A lot of support behind us. I live in a nice area, so after one year I can say, I was lucky.”

I think we can also say we are lucky to have you Carlo.
Only thing missing off that comment by Carlo is...."I think I found the right club, a family club. A lot of support behind us. I live in a nice area...apart from the next door neighbour who once murdered 39 people".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back