Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate Language
I still can’t believe that he’s our manager.
Absofuckinglutely made up and so optimistic! 12 months, 5 permanent transfers in, with only three as starters (although Godfrey is playing out of his skin ATM) and look at what we’re doing! Better results than the RMartinez season with what looks like more sustainability - #lifeisgreat
I still can’t believe that he’s our manager.

Nothing pleases me more than that Carlo disproves my skepticism. Need far more data before one begins to conclude.

I am pleased that we have gone back to 4-4-2 / 4-4-1, and made things very easy this period.

I hold up my hands and quote Socrates: All I know is that I know nothing.

No, Cenk Tosun is not our next best option.

You appear to be under the impression that I rate Tosun.

I don't.

However, I don't think it's misguided, to say that after Dom, and Richy, he's the next best striker at the club. If you want to maintain that it's Ellis Simms, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I'll just have to guess that you've seen a lot more of him than me.

Look at the team we have available at the moment. Had to do it all without Allan, Digne, Rodriguez & Richarlison. That’s the core of our team right there, without any of them this season we’d be sitting on about, well, 12 points really. As well as having Coleman out (or just returning from injury) playing with make shift fullbacks and having to completely change the way we set up and play against 3 very good teams. It’s miraculous really. No other team would be able to handle that amount of quality loss.

What a turn around this month has been under him, from the previous two months totals of 3 points from 12 and 4 points from 9 to 13 from a possible 15 this month

Honestly? Roberto. He may have bombed out but he genuinely was appreciative of the club. He tried remaking it from the ground up.

Carlo tho? I honestly feel like he's just another in the line that get here just a couple years too late. Not that I think age affects him in any way, just that, like Distin, they appreciate the club just a couple years after they really should have joined us. We've said for ages we are a special club and almost everyone we agree should be here agrees as well.

*Jebus this sounds like a criticism* just wish we had everyone here 2-3 years ago.
Yeah I actually thought of Roberto after posting, for some reason my mind completely skipped over him.

Was a shambles by the end, but fully agree he appreciated the club greatly.

Can’t agree with you on Carlo though. We got him at the only time we could have, and (currently at least) at exactly the right time.

That he's got us to 2nd in the table with our patchy squad and a stack of injuries is incredible really. Give the man quality and squad depth and let's see where we go...

I still find it dead funny though how when the media talk about the teams to challenge the RS or to finish in the top 4 they still airbrush past us even though we've done it with some of our best players out.

Arsenal was the turning point, If we lost that then I think "Everton that" mentality would have crept in but winning that game was huge and I think we've turned a new corner. We're all desperate for a trophy or Europe but we also need to be patient in the process.

1. Broke the away record against the "big six"
  2. Curse of not winning without Richarlison is gone.
  3. 4 wins on the trot in the busiest part of the season without Digne/James/Allan.

I still find it dead funny though how when the media talk about the teams to challenge the RS or to finish in the top 4 they still airbrush past us even though we've done it with some of our best players out.
Robbie Mustoe on NBC in the States made that point yesterday. Along the lines of "this is a team with so many injuries and so little depth they have had to name two keepers to the bench. They'd have 4 of their best 5 players out. They're beaten Chelsea, Arsenal and Leicester. And here they sit; in second"

SSN thought City where 2nd and the a RS win today would take them 7 clear. Everyone but us is in the title race. It’s weird.
Mourinho done a fantastic job at Spurs taking them from 4th not finishing in the CL last season to title contenders. It’s like what the hell are you talking about

Arsenal was the turning point, If we lost that then I think "Everton that" mentality would have crept in but winning that game was huge and I think we've turned a new corner. We're all desperate for a trophy or Europe but we also need to be patient in the process.

1. Broke the away record against the "big six"
  2. Curse of not winning without Richarlison is gone.
  3. 4 wins on the trot in the busiest part of the season without Digne/James/Allan.

Completely forgot about number 2. That's a good one to get out of the way!

Reactions: JMT
Only thing missing off that comment by Carlo is...."I think I found the right club, a family club. A lot of support behind us. I live in a nice area...apart from the next door neighbour who once murdered 39 people".

Lost me there Dave - Who?

Have to say though why tarnish his statement with that addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back