Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

People in other threads are bleating, with some justification, about the surfeit of former Liverpool players in the media. I tend to think the most successful club in the country is always likely to be over-represented, but what I can't understand is when their former nonentities are given platforms. I can swallow the likes of Souness and Thompson, European Cup-winning captains, being on the box, and I can tolerate their former great players making appearances (Lawrenson, Houghton, Barnes, Hansen, etc). But Danny Murphy? This is where it starts to grate and become intolerable. Murphy was a nothing player. It's not like he's a good pundit to compensate for his lack of, well, basic playing competence. Christ, even Steve Nicol (who was a great player) on ESPN has come around to making comments that Everton, under Ancelotti, "appear to have the kind of money that we think they have" and are going places.

I fully understand pundits - including the ex-Liverpool ones - being sceptical of Everton. We've been a museum for 25 years and more. But times have changed. What hasn't is TV's predeliction for crap pundits, whatever the playing history.

Any updates on our Fantastic 4.
How far away from being back
Digne
James
Richy
& Allan

Need these lads back if we are to sustain a challenge.
Plus a player or 2 in january ( depending on outs ) obviously.

Carlo's doing a brilliant job with the squad , gonna need a little stardust in the coming months.

Any updates on our Fantastic 4.
How far away from being back
Digne
James
Richy
& Allan

Need these lads back if we are to sustain a challenge.
Plus a player or 2 in january ( depending on outs ) obviously.

Carlo's doing a brilliant job with the squad , gonna need a little stardust in the coming months.
Any Brazilians out there called Alvin?

Any Brazilians out there called Alvin?
Not sure about Alvin but there is this guy:
AypKcbQCIAEUOjR (1).webp

Intresting stat, but away matchs dont count for as much in this current state of no fans imo

i dont even class away games as a thing all just games now
Yeah it’s certainly not the same. BUT, others are facing the same conditions so we have to take that into account. Still not convinced we wouldn’t turn back into massive frauds if the fans are allowed back. I’d hope Carlo has elevated us beyond that now.

Saw Brighton copying our set piece defence set up against West Ham (to very poor effect). I’ve not seen them do the two rows in the penalty area before. Carlo is one of those managers that changes the game. Won’t be long before some of the managers at the bottom end of the table start copying the 4 CBs in a flat defence as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back