Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH WEST HAM P/C

Richarlison passed fit, James Rodriguez ruled out​

One of them is okay. The other one unfortunate not, we have to wait a little. Richarlison is okay. James Rodriguez, no.

More on James Rodriguez​

For James we have to look day by day. Unfortunately he’s not ready yet, he’ll take a little bit longer. I hope for the game on 9th January he will be ready.

Carlo on Man City cancellation​

The announcement was four hours [before kick-off]. We were at the hotel but it doesn't matter if it's early, it doesn't change the situation which was quite clear. We move forward."

No clarification yet​

We didn't receive full information from the PL on the postponement but we expect it soon.
We were at the hotel before the game but the situation was quite clear.

Carlo on enforced break from Man City​

The fact that we didn't play against City, we can have fresh legs against West Ham,
it can be an advantage. I hope that we are ready.

Carlo on rising Covid cases​

I think it's a difficult moment, not for football - it's difficult for the country. We have to take care of this, follow the protocols & I think not all the people are following the protocols, wearing masks and taking social distance.

Carlo's plea to public​

"I feel safe in our bubble, but outside, I have to pay attention like all the normal people. I was surprised yesterday,
I was walking and not all the people were wearing the mask. It was outside but it doesn't matter.

Carlo on West Ham​

The last game we increased our consistency above all defensively. We were strong, solid defensively. Every game has its own story. West Ham played last night, it will be a difficult game. I have not yet found an easy game. Every game is a battle in PL.

Message for fans​

“To meet fans at the stadium will be the best start to 2021. The moment of the team is good, we want to celebrate the moment with them.

Carlo on recent form​

We did well honestly were it seemed the games were more difficult. We found solidity at the back after a difficult month in November.
We are pleased, we know we can compete. We have improved our confidence and belief. We are ready to compete against West Ham

Carlo on Moyes​

He arrived the same time that I arrived here. Last season was difficult, he avoided relegation.
This season is different for West Ham. They are competing at the top of the table.
So a lot of respect for this team & we will see what we are able to do.

Comparison to last season​

I think we are doing well compared to last season & this is the target: to improve every year.
I don't think this season we will be competing at the top but next season we have to improve what we are able to do in this one

Change of strategy​

It’s true, we didn’t change our style or philosophy but sometimes in games we change our strategy. The fact this squad is able to adapt to different situations, one is that we lost important players, second if you concede you have more difficultly.
In some games our block was a little bit deeper and for that we got good results"

Carlo on DCL form​

It's true that DCL didn't score like he did at the beginning. At Chelsea he was involved in the penalty, against Arsenal, the goal.
I don't need to ask him to score goals.

Carlo on Richarlison heavy-handed treatment​

I don't think so. He has protection.. The referees are okay and there are strict rules. He doesn't need more protection. He is a powerful player. He is so fast. Sometimes the contact can be dangerous but no more.

Carlo on Allan/Digne​

Allan is doing individual treatment. At least around the end of January he will be ready. Lucas Digne is doing individual sessions and could maybe train with the team in one week to 10 days.

Carlo on Richarlison heavy-handed treatment​

I don't think so. He has protection.. The referees are okay and there are strict rules. He doesn't need more protection. He is a powerful player. He is so fast. Sometimes the contact can be dangerous but no more.
This is why he's the best. So classy, every other manager bar none in the league would have had a pop about this sort of thing.

Don’t understand why we change the back four. Don’t see what is the point. West Ham are a physical side then we play Bernard and Davies we let them dominate. Coleman is finished and Holgate not physical enough as a cb. Very disappointing today. We should have beaten them.

I'd appreciate it a lot if he tried to fix problems before they cost us points. The back three was a nightmare before we got overrun by Leeds and the lack of any open play attacking was a problem before today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back