Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you seem to be missing is that doing something that doesn't work consistently is a bad idea. That's Silva and Martinez.

Carlo had a working tactic that could have been viable longer term to and decided he didn't want to do that anymore. Maybe that would have ended up like Silva and Martinez, but going to keep it tight and nick it would not have been my move.
What would your move have been? How do you think it would have turned out?

We're a team with limited money that wants to shoot above our means. Atalanta did that. Seems like a place to get ideas.

Here I very much agree. If we are to compete with the very best, we must invest as much as the best. Or, we must somehow gain an advantage. We have to be innovative, which happens very rarely. With today's salary budget, the best we can achieve is a placement between 6-10.

Here I very much agree. If we are to compete with the very best, we must invest as much as the best. Or, we must somehow gain an advantage. We have to be innovative, which happens very rarely. With today's salary budget, the best we can achieve is a placement between 6-10.
You dont hire Carlo Ancelotti and inovate.

You hire him and throw bundles of money at him.

You dont hire Carlo Ancelotti and inovate.

You hire him and throw bundles of money at him.
This is going to sound negative as hell but that can't work. Not in this league.

And I'll take using Ancelotti's profile as an "innovation" meant to draw players in we couldn't otherwise get like James. But pure money will not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back