Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a results business though isn't it?

I mean what are you hoping for for a run of fixtures including Chelsea (before their down patch) Arsenal and Leicester in a 5 game run?
I just can't do it again really. Yeah results are all that matters but results aren't the only thing that can be used to say if you're going to keep getting results.

I mean teams lose after they win right?

I just can't do it again really. Yeah results are all that matters but results aren't the only thing that can be used to say if you're going to keep getting results.

Liverpool have dominated Europe for 18months and yet haven't won a game in 3.

Do you think their fans care if they bossed Newcastle and West Brom off the park?

Liverpool have dominated Europe for 18months and yet haven't won a game in 3.

Do you think their fans care if they bossed Newcastle and West Brom off the park?
By the logic you're using with us, where winning means no changes should be considered, wouldn't for them a winless run mean they need to change everything?

Or else they'll continue to not win? Since all we can look at is results right?

By the logic you're using with us, where winning means no changes should be considered, wouldn't for them a winless run mean they need to change everything?

Or else they'll continue to not win? Since all we can look at is results right?
Im gonna type this in caps, just so it registers.

CARLO HAS CHANGED THE TEAM EVERY SINGLE GAME WE HAVE PLAYED THIS SEASON.

Hes not trying the same thing and expecting different results.

But the fact is, his way is picking up results.

Im gonna type this in caps, just so it registers.

CARLO HAS CHANGED THE TEAM EVERY SINGLE GAME WE HAVE PLAYED THIS SEASON.

Hes not trying the same thing and expecting different results.

But the fact is, his way is picking up results.
I think you know I don't mean starting Olsen instead of Pickford for a game or bringing in Gordon because Richarlison got knocked out.

And you're right. He's trying the same thing and expecting the same results which on the face seems logical but isn't because it just isn't how football works. Results on their own are a poor predictor of future results.

Look I said I'm not doing this again. We keep ending up in this same spot where you all fall back to we've won some games recently. And I'm explicitly telling you that I don't care about that when I continue to say I don't think we're playing that well.

I mean I'm not sure we've done it before, but you don't want to explain your viewpoint thats fair enough mate.

I've asked a fair few questions to be fair and maybe not always offered opinion myself. I can't remember a single time when watching Ancelotti yet that I've felt we have had a long term system. Up until recently we've always been too open at the back. He has done certain things that are permanent, like with Calvert Lewin that are real positives. If you want consistency it's that. He has put a lad inmany were unsure of, and has turned him into one of the best 9's and finishers in the league. His movement has come on leaps and bounds.

I think the current iteration of the team, as systems go is the one I'd move with medium term too. We are solid. We don't give up a lot of easy goals. We don't have to play brilliantly to win (and we both know we haven't been brilliant).

The manager is not the sort of guy who has a single philosophy he works towards. He is a tinkerer. Thats his strengths, his ability to adapt in games to get us over the line. Asking him to be Pep, or Klopp would mean he would do it badly (just as they would if they tried to be him, or Mourinho). There's also no right or wrong way of doing it. I'm not saying your ideas are wrong, but also they are not automatically right. But Ancelotti is the only world class/best in class bloke at our club currently, and we would be daft, strategically not to let him do it on his terms.

So for me we should build on the back 4. Yes maybe find a way to get Digne in, but maybe get him in further forward. Build on that defensive stability though 20 goals conceded in a season isnt attainable, but we might get able to get to low 30's. Then work the other side. Try to get a bit kore end product from Iwobi, Gomes who are capable. Try to keep James pn the pitch as much as possible. Try to re-ignite Richarlinson. Maintain DCL's form for as much as possible.

Lots of ifs and buts there, but also some evidence that all of the above could be done. I'm not asking for water to wine am I? And if we do that, never mind with more additions helping us, but we could win a league. Thats what we are all after aren't we?

I think you know I don't mean starting Olsen instead of Pickford for a game or bringing in Gordon because Richarlison got knocked out.

And you're right. He's trying the same thing and expecting the same results which on the face seems logical but isn't because it just isn't how football works. Results on their own are a poor predictor of future results.

Look I said I'm not doing this again. We keep ending up in this same spot where you all fall back to we've won some games recently. And I'm explicitly telling you that I don't care about that when I continue to say I don't think we're playing that well.
Nobody is saying we are playing well.

But we are picking up results with half the team missing most weeks.

Im not sure what you want?

Well I do, you want Niels to play, that's it, that's your whole answer to improve things.

Its mind blowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back