Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is the right way to play Leicester though - it was the right way to play Wolves, and but for Pickford we'd have won that (edit: the Leicester game)

The right way to play against Leicester might well be to counter attack them but we couldn't get out of our half for most of the game. No manager sets a team to play like we did in that second half.

I just don't see the quality at all. It's a mid table team that will always struggle to finish anywhere other than mid table. You can say there's a problem with the mentality when we play the top teams off the park winning 3-0 and then lose today, we don't do that. We grind out a result against better sides, much like Newcastle did today.

We;ve talked about this for years. Decades even. ANY expectation and the players always fall apart. We've changed managers, what, 5 times, every single player has turned over, we have some top top players and they still bottle it constantly. It's not even deflating, it's genuinely depressing.
Carlo saying these two home games were big this week put pressure on the players.

The players bottled it as they always do.

We are not good enough for European footy, nowhere near. We’d end up getting tonked by Atalanta or someone again.

If we are going to play horrible football play the 4 centre backs and just be really compact. Today we somehow played absolutely shocking football and we were wide open.

It's always the same with this team under any manager: they get up for the big games then they lose focus and ideas and fold against poor and bang average teams.

When we have a team that can sweep rubbish like Newcastle aside week in week out we'll be back. Until then it's a pipe dream.

Carlo saying these two home games were big this week put pressure on the players.

The players bottled it as they always do.

We are not good enough for European footy, nowhere near. We’d end up getting tonked by Atalanta or someone again.
Yeah, and then he goes and sets us up like THAT. This isn't all on Carlo obviously but he bears a lot of the responsibilty. Especailly with that bench.

We;ve talked about this for years. Decades even. ANY expectation and the players always fall apart. We've changed managers, what, 5 times, every single player has turned over, we have some top top players and they still bottle it constantly. It's not even deflating, it's genuinely depressing.

Less the expectation and more just down to the fact overall the players aren't good enough. I don't think they choked today, they just haven't got a clue when the onus is on them to attack right now.

Can’t understand how Sig played the whole match there. Any combination of midfielers would be better. No energy, or intent to run forward and try and dictate. Offers nothing playing deep. Also i think we are far better with the 4 centre backs. Digne isn’t as quick as people make out, Godfrey is more solid. And Coleman doesn’t have enough pace either. Why have we gone back to the back 4 which concedes more goals? We didn’t look any better attacking, we looked worse Carlo is a great manager, but I don’t understand why we have gone away from what was working. Can’t blame him for the lack of effort today though. Too many, happy to play at walking pace and take a sideways or backwards option, instead of trying to run or pass forward. Really disappointed with today, I hope Carlo and the players are as well.

Less the expectation and more just down to the fact overall the players aren't good enough. I don't think they choked today, they just haven't got a clue when the onus is on them to attack right now.
That's absolutely mad to think that. We have James fn Rodriguez on our team, we have a player with 12 goals, we have Brazil's #9, however much I hate him we have Icelands best ever player. We absolutely have the players to beat Newcastle ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back