Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He literally has said that multiple times during the season. He has said, repeatedly, that Sigurdsson is a key player for us.
Probably in the hope that it gets him to put a shift in for once. He reminded me of Schneiderlin today and that's not a compliment.

You’ve got to love it on here. All season people are saying ‘digne is the best left back in the league, Keane is easily England’s best centre half, Mina is top class, ‘the duke’ (vomit) is a machine, James is the best player in the league, DCL and Richarlison are the 2 best attackers under 25 in the world’ then we lose at home for the 3rd time in 4 games and the same people say ‘you want him to beat the likes of Newcastle and West Ham? With THESE players? Lolz no chance he’s working miracles having them in the top half’.

Judging only on what I read on this forum, I don’t think you will find a very big cross section between either of those groups. Leaving aside the exaggerated description of the stance those fans take

Even our best players still have inconsistency. We can’t rely on any of them to be boss 80% of the season. But some are getting better, and we seem to be buying players that can offer more than those in the past. So our best group are not amazing, and we are still using players lots of fans would prefer not see line up for us again. My view of the season based on the squad we have, is as I’ve said earlier....grand. A good job overall. I expect we will be a more interesting proposition next season.

No one at the club is ruthless enough to completely overhaul the squad. We dont spend big money. We spend middle of the road money on middle of the road players.

This season is our best chance of doing something but we've bottled far too many. Next year will be so difficult with a more normal season.

The only good thing we have is Ancelotti. Everything else is still Everton and thats why we see performances like today. That isn't acceptable under any circumstances either, it was a disgrace.

Godfrey - Good
Allan - Good
Rodriguez - Good
Digne - Good
Holgate - Good

I could go on but its not as dire as you say. We lost. To a bloody awful team. Its rubbish. However its not all doom and gloom.

Judging only on what I read on this forum, I don’t think you will find a very big cross section between either of those groups. Leaving aside the exaggerated description of the stance those fans take

Even our best players still have inconsistency. We can’t rely on any of them to be boss 80% of the season. But some are getting better, and we seem to be buying players that can offer more than those in the past. So our best group are not amazing, and we are still using players lots of fans would prefer not see line up for us again. My view of the season based on the squad we have, is as I’ve said earlier....grand. A good job overall. I expect we will be a more interesting proposition next season.
I disagree, but I know you bristle at even the slightest suggestion that Ancelotti could possibly have done anything to change a result so I won’t say any more than that.

It’s very irritating I won’t lie

It’s his first proper season, yet lots of these impatient sorts can’t handle anything bad. Some are actually loving being “proven right” about one of the absolute greats of football

We are at the half way point of his first full season with 33pts. With some good performances, couple of excellent ones. Plenty of bang average ones, and a couple of horrible watches like today. Decent points haul versus the usual top 6 but some crap points dropped against the lower teams.

We have some of the same players that we all were sick and tired of before. Some have come on leaps and bounds, some are still utterly unreliable and/or crap. The ones that are crap are being shifted out with more to go.

My honest appraisal at the half way point is....we are grand. We aren’t great, but I didn’t expect us to be. We aren’t consistent but with a squad still full of inconsistent players, I didn’t expect us to be. However I see plenty in the recruitment and the defensive setup to see we are already a world away from where we were. It’s a much better base to build on than before.

That’s without even saying, it’s Carlo Ancelotti ffs....let him get on with his job and let’s see where we end up. We’ve done the raging at managers stuff, let’s just calm down and wait and see.

As for the complaining about January recruitment. I honestly think he is in this for a few seasons. That he won’t be thinking like some fans are thinking.....get us in 3 players right now and try for champions league spots. He will be thinking of the overall plan and where we will be come close of the summer window.

I’m sure he is also thinking, I will get Europa with the squad as it is, and I’d agree with him.

I've heard people spout this nonsense since the days of Martinez and since then we've had 5 managers including Carlo.

Footballs a results business and if you aint in europe your best players leave and/or clubs who do sneak into europe like Leicester can strengthen and overtake you.

James and Allan are both 30 this year and will also slowly be on the decline and will need replacing as does Coleman now.

We can't stand still saying "it'll be sound in 3 years lads" as 3 years becomes 5 and 5 then becomes 10 and before you know it we are 26 years without a trophy.

At some point the club have to grow a set and sort out this go with what we've got knife to a gunfight crap mentality thats seen us become a running joke.

We all knew what was needed last summer - we let Kean and Walcott go and didn't replace either. We have let Coleman become past it yet still captain and a first teamer. We've let Pickford consistently let in howlers but let him become untouchable. We've let DCL and Richarlison turn crap as they have no competition whatsoever pushing them for a starting place.

Time to koff with the excuses as far as im concerned. Back Carlo or just call it a day and appoint a steady Eddie with 40 points as the aim each season.

Gotta take the blame today imo

Godfrey / holgate needed to start this game ... the lack of bite was a disgrace .. no one wanted it

think only really James threw tackles in that where a bit snide .. would of loved davies to start limited player but he will always throw it in

We need to get out of this thing of 'get rid of a player as soon as they don't remotely play well'.

Richarlison has carried us for two seasons. He hasn't been great this season but until Evertonians get out of this attitude then we'll go nowhere.

Same for people saying "where would Zaha play though?".

It's drivel. You can't do anything of note in this league with 8 half-decent players.
We’ve tried keeping players for ever and it hasn’t worked. Coleman should have been replaced a few seasons ago.

Squads need refreshing. No one should be untouchable. He has not looked right all season. There may be some underlying reason for that which we dont know, perhaps Carlo will sort it. But I think his performances, coupled with his comments in summer suggest to me that he wants to move on. I’m ok with that if we get a good fee, because at the moment, he is not performing at the level we know he can. He can be one of our biggest threats, But he’s not shown it this season.

At some point he is going to have to develop a consistent way of passing and creating chances or we just become a well funded version of Burnley trying to not concede and nick it from a moment of brilliance or a set play. We can go back to the 4 CBs if we want to but we just need to be honest about where that leaves us as a club. It isn't a great place to be even if we do have decent runs of results.

CARLO MOTD INTERVIEW

Reminded me of the Wolves game last season. Effort wasn't there and that's not acceptable.
Club needs to be brutal after games like this. Step up or you're out the squad. We can't do that though because for some reason they have decided not to bring anyone in. No real competition for places.

Again, he`s hardly likely to say that he`s crap is he ?

Has he ever openly criticised a player in public, if so, I can`t remember it ?

It`s just not his style.

Our squad is wafer thin mate, he can only work with what he has available to him.

That`s not an excuse for today`s performance by the way, but we`re always going to have games like today, where some our average players are exposed for what they are.

Imagine how frustrated Rodriguez must be playing with some of these clowns ???
He might not verbally criticise players (Gordon apart) but he will isolate players. Look at Besic or Bolasie. Completely frozen out. Are they good enough, probably not. But then that argument falls down with Siggurdson. A player who serves only to let the fans know we wont win today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back