Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think I was very hasty in bashing Ancelotti earlier in the season but it’s more out of being desperate for some sort of success.

I just think we’re all waiting for that moment when everything feels like it’ll click.

It’s impossible to go into any game with confidence as an Evertonian because we pull this crap literally every season.
Fair play to you mate, it was understandable as that late October into November run was woeful. We are making inroads to be better but dammit we need days like today to change

I honestly don’t think we looked much different, we just didn’t get away with it in a tight game like we have in others. Have a look what people were saying about Godfrey and holgate at Half time in the wolves game, it wasn’t pretty. Fast forward 45 minutes, we’ve won, and they’re being hailed as ‘the wall’. It’s just reactionary. Win = everyone was brilliant, lose = everyone was awful.
Yeah. Despite a productive first half, we didn’t pull up trees against Leicester either.

Did they actually have anything come from Wilson pulling wide? I've seen the comment said a few times but I don't remember any actual chances coming from it.

The thing for me is we're not actually a good side without the fullbacks, just a lucky one. Recognizing that is important to getting better.

Something like 13 corners. Their entire game plan. And it got the crucial opening goal.

It was man against boy type stuff.

I want to be able to play like Man City but we simply can't.

Part of does wonder if the decision to play Pickford today was the wrong one. I appreciate supporting the player, but the message it potentially gives to the rest of the team, who were so steadfast against Leicester, is that mistakes and mediocrity are acceptable if you're in the team.
Carlo being too nice. Pickford must be dropped against Leeds. No more player who past sell by date but we try to keep them happy like Coleman etc.

But we all know its still very likely we will lose players if we dont improve.

The sales are the main reason I dont have much faith in Moshiri getting it right. He talked a good game but immediately sold Stones and Lukaku, 2 legitimately top players.

You can only judge based on actions. We sold a 25 goal a year player. If we don't improve, players will ask to leave, and we'll sell again.

3 or 5 year projects are a myth in football. You need to win the next game and build from there. This is the big chance and we are blowing it. Next year could very easily be much harder with us miles further away from being competitive.
We don't have absolute authority over players like that. Players who want to go sometimes have to be allowed to. It is how the game works for everyone. Bayern would have kept Thiago if the ultimate decision was there's. Same with Barca and Neymar. It is what it is. The key is having recruitment strategies that ensure talent is constantly coming in.

And the RS and Spurs under Poch were both projects. There are more examples around Europe. Thinking long term is not a bad thing.

I disagree, but I know you bristle at even the slightest suggestion that Ancelotti could possibly have done anything to change a result so I won’t say any more than that.

No, I don’t bristle at stuff like that. I generally just don’t engage because as I’ve just said given the context of our squad and where we have come from I see nothing that concerns me enough to even be discussing it. It’d be different in a season or two but for now. Nah

If I do bristle it’s at certain types of posts

I wasn’t sure with your reply tho what exactly you were disagreeing with

We don't have absolute authority over players like that. Players who want to go sometimes have to be allowed to. It is how the game works for everyone. Bayern would have kept Thiago if the ultimate decision was there's. Same with Barca and Neymar. It is what it is. The key is having recruitment strategies that ensure talent is constantly coming in.

And the RS and Spurs under Poch were both projects. There are more examples around Europe. Thinking long term is not a bad thing.

If we don't get Europe this year then I think we're in for a tough year next season.

Yes we should have a much leaner squad but we then need to recruit genuine quality. Its not easy at all and if we lose one or 2 on top of that, we are in for a struggle.

No, I don’t bristle at stuff like that. I generally just don’t engage because as I’ve just said given the context of our squad and where we have come from I see nothing that concerns me enough to even be discussing it. It’d be different in a season or two but for now. Nah

If I do bristle it’s at certain types of posts

I wasn’t sure with your reply tho what exactly you were disagreeing with
Exactly this, it’s about perspective and seeing there are far more positives than negatives since his short tenure here.

I do think I was very hasty in bashing Ancelotti earlier in the season but it’s more out of being desperate for some sort of success.

I just think we’re all waiting for that moment when everything feels like it’ll click.

It’s impossible to go into any game with confidence as an Evertonian because we pull this crap literally every season.

Very honest post that mate. Fair play for holding your hands up

Fair play to you mate, it was understandable as that late October into November run was woeful. We are making inroads to be better but dammit we need days like today to change
You look to that bench to change things and it’s just beyond woeful.

My only criticism today is play the players with futures here like Holgate and Godfrey. Even Davies should be getting in ahead of Sigurdsson.

I’m sick to death of Coleman and the like who’ve just had their day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back