Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
CA is building a team and a squad and we are not near being good enough yet.... he knows that better than anyone.

He is still learning about his players and his team. He will have learned more today than in most games.

We need more players but almost certainly won't get them this month.

If Bolasie,Bernard and maybe one or two others leave this month then that clears space for arrivals in the summer.

We certainly need more pace in the team as I think generally we tend to be one paced.
I think we may have learned that Godfrey and Holgate need to start as full backs at the moment, I think that Davies needs to start ahead of Gomes and Sigurdsson..we probably saw today what he does bring to a team.
JR is a class act but we must realise that needs the right players around him to allow him to play.
Richarlison is also a class player but is not somebody to lift a struggling team.

Sigurdsson, Gomes, Iwobi, Coleman and a couple of other need to not all start in the same team but can be useful as squad players.

We are short three or four players and we are so short of pace it is worrying.
I don't think we should be too surprised yet when we get a few results like this and I do think the manager probably picked the wrong side on the day ,I think he made a mistake leaving out both Godfrey and Holgate. I think leaving Davies out was also a mistake.

I am sure the manager will know all this better than any of us.

Not somebody to lift a struggling team.....

A key phrase there. We have been struggling a long time and never have any player who can rise above that

So we buy decent players and they turn to shells of their former selves under the pressure and the negativity

I trust the manager is, and will be, changing that

But I skip over way more posts than I react to :)

I don’t mean exaggerate as in totally unrealistic. I agree there are posters like that, just think you overdid it a bit. And now that you mention it I can probably think of a couple of posters in the subset you are on about

If you were talking about those that talk about top 4 spots one week and next absolute raging about everything being a disgrace, then there’s loads of those and they do my head in
Yep that’s all I was saying.

I’ve said before I think we should be disappointed with lower than 7th this year, and we’re tracking around there so I’m happy enough. I’ve said repeatedly I don’t see top 4 as realistic but I do think that bringing in the players we did (at their ages) means we can’t really say that 8th or 9th is good so I don’t buy into that view either. it’s not that 8th or 9th would be a disgrace or anything, just disappointing. On that basis I can’t get carried away with us currently being 7th, and as close to 11th as 4th. The seasons going well, but some have massively jumped the gun in my view.

No

But if you concede 13 you're likely to give up a chance no matter how solid you are.

Coleman as an attacking full back is absurd. He cant attack so why upset our solidity. Digne defensively was atrocious today. We should be keeping clean sheets against that sort of opposition yet they created 5 clear cut chances. It was a shambolic performance and both full backs stunk the place out.
We didn’t concede that many, given the number of corners!

Defensive masterclass lol lol :pint2:

since we beat 10 man West Brom at home in the league on 19th September 2020:-

our home performances in the prem:-

Everton 11 shots, Brighton 11 shots

Everton 11 shots, Liverpool 22 shots

Everton 7 shots, Man Utd 13 shots

Everton 15 shots, Leeds 23 shots

Everton 9 shots, Chelsea 10 shots

Everton 9 shots, Arsenal 13 shots

Everton 10 shots, West Ham 11 shots

Everton 8 shots, Leicester 19 shots

Everton 11 Shots, Newcastle 13 shots

Absolutely correct. But he should have hooked the main culprits, Sigurdsson and Digne

Every time they attacked Digne he gave them a corner or got beaten. It was a pathetic performance from a good player. Can only put it down to a bad attitude or complacency.
Digne isnt a good defender. Thats why every team tries to target him.

since we beat 10 man West Brom at home in the league on 19th September 2020:-

our home performances in the prem:-

Everton 11 shots, Brighton 11 shots

Everton 11 shots, Liverpool 22 shots

Everton 7 shots, Man Utd 13 shots

Everton 15 shots, Leeds 23 shots

Everton 9 shots, Chelsea 10 shots

Everton 9 shots, Arsenal 13 shots

Everton 10 shots, West Ham 11 shots

Everton 8 shots, Leicester 19 shots

Everton 11 Shots, Newcastle 13 shots

Why we have to go 2 up top.

Surely he has to change it - I dont like 442 as the midfield gets over run but 352 is the way forward for me.

Richarlison isnt doing anything out wide and Iwobi and Digne as wing backs are very good getting forward.

There was always going to be bumps along the way. This is a serious long term rebuild. I know one off results are annoying. A lot of these players have seen multiple managers fired because they’ve let down so many of them. Getting them to a level where every week they are bang at it is going to take time because for most of them they’ve never done it in their career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back