Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thing is it was the same against Leicester. We gave them all sorts. Literally I think Newcastle had a corner within the first minute of the game today. It’s just pathetic. We are always the downfall of ourselves. Says it all about how much the player seen this as an opportunity today that they didn’t even have the fight in them. It’s saddening.

There was always going to be bumps along the way. This is a serious long term rebuild. I know one off results are annoying. A lot of these players have seen multiple managers fired because they’ve let down so many of them. Getting them to a level where every week they are bang at it is going to take time because for most of them they’ve never done it in their career.

Not just the players mate system isn't working.

Coleman cant hack it at RB
Richarlison is floundering out wide
DCL is doing nothing up top on his own
Pickford is a calamity.

Again its coming back to the point where yes he is limited in his options of player but he's not changing it when its not working / picking the same suspects like Pickford like Coleman.

If we were serious about success we would have backed Ancelotti with a heck of a lot more than 60m by now. 60m doesn't get you Kepa or Pepe these days. Its virtually nothing and about half of what Villa spent to stay up on the final day last year.

Another window closes with no effort to recruit. Its fairly mediocre stuff but what you come to expect from the club. I get money is tight and we definitely need to move these players on, but there's no point hiring Ancelotti and wasting seasons with the rubbish players from the old regime.

We won't have this man forever so we cant waste this time. These players will continue to let him down until they are replaced. No amount of Seamus Coleman rallying calls and frank words in the dressing room will change that.

If we were serious about success we would have backed Ancelotti with a heck of a lot more than 60m by now. 60m doesn't get you Kepa or Pepe these days. Its virtually nothing and about half of what Villa spent to stay up on the final day last year.

Another window closes with no effort to recruit. Its fairly mediocre stuff but what you come to expect from the club. I get money is tight and we definitely need to move these players on, but there's no point hiring Ancelotti and wasting seasons with the rubbish players from the old regime.

We won't have this man forever so we cant waste this time. These players will continue to let him down until they are replaced. No amount of Seamus Coleman rallying calls and frank words in the dressing room will change that.
Beyond what you've said we also have gone out and gotten Allan and James who both have a limited number of years left. Which obviously means if we want to be good while they're good we've got to do it soon and really can't waste seasons. The team really isn't in a situation where we'll definitely be competitive 3 years from now.

That’s a very good point. Man is in his early 60s he’s clearly not come here for long term projects. I imagine that’s not why we bought him here either. If we ain’t gonna back him it was a pointless appointment.

There was always going to be bumps along the way. This is a serious long term rebuild. I know one off results are annoying. A lot of these players have seen multiple managers fired because they’ve let down so many of them. Getting them to a level where every week they are bang at it is going to take time because for most of them they’ve never done it in their career.
This isn;t a one off, this has been happening way too often this year.

You get nowhere by constantly selling your best players and having to rebuild every two seasons.

Seen it with Rom. Seen it with Gueye. Seen it with Fellaini. Etc etc.
I get where you are coming from, but you can’t deny, this season he’s been poor. I don’t think he is in our top five or six performers. DCL, James, Doucoure, Allan, Kean, Digne and Godfrey all arguably better this season.

He doesn't look like he suits Ancelotti’s system to me. We‘re so slow building up that he never gets to run in behind defenders.

I’d prefer it if he could rediscover his form, I’m just pointing out that this season he’s a passenger. It happens sometimes and you have a decision to make. Persevere, or sell.

I get where you are coming from, but you can’t deny, this season he’s been poor. I don’t think he is in our top five or six performers. DCL, James, Doucoure, Allan, Kean, Digne and Godfrey all arguably better this season.

He doesn't look like he suits Ancelotti’s system to me. We‘re so slow building up that he never gets to run in behind defenders.

I’d prefer it if he could rediscover his form, I’m just pointing out that this season he’s a passenger. It happens sometimes and you have a decision to make. Persevere, or sell.
What system? I love Carlo but the extent of what he's developed here system wise is two banks of four to defend solidly and let James pull the strings when he's healthy. And I get that what he's always done is make the most out of the players and that means being adaptable but I just can't help but feel we really need to just have a 6 month run of playing one way. Once we have some continuity and players who know each other and know what the basics of the system are then maybe we can start moving people around. But we need that continuity at some point.

A very very disappointing result, but league wise we can still finish in the top 4. I feel that the decision, not to strengthen the squad this month though, could prove costly.

We had a couple of games in-hand. Two wins would put us in the top 4. We get 1 point against two teams below us in the league. Whatever Ancelotti tries is not going to work because we don't have the players. Of the players we have, we have very few with either pace or work ethic, particularly the latter. Upper mid-table at best this season.

Although disappointed, apart from James and Doucouré we have seen it all from those players before. The mentality isn't there and even Carlo can't sort it out. He will get his own players, ones who have desire to win. These lot can just 'koff, I've had it with them.

A very very disappointing result, but league wise we can still finish in the top 4. I feel that the decision, not to strengthen the squad this month though, could prove costly.
Come on be honest if this lot finish anywhere near the top 4 it will be not only a miracle but an embarrassment to English football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back