Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's also the one who refuses to put any trust in younger players who might have something to offer. To some extent he's reaping what he himself has sown.
He doesn’t refuse to trust the youth, he’s gave them game time. Davies has more bad games than good, Gordon is too raw and lightweight, there isn’t much more he could have done coming on today and Nkounkou is injured anyway

He's also the one who refuses to put any trust in younger players who might have something to offer. To some extent he's reaping what he himself has sown.
I do agree, surely you can add a couple of the under 23 players to today’s bench rather than having only 8 subs and 2 of them GKs

Carlos not really arsed about the younger lads. He’s here to get results and knows his project here realistically is only short term. He’s already putting sound bites out about missing managing in the CL.

I'm more concerned if he doesn't get more of his own players in soon, the good ones we do have will want out.
We didn't bring in Allan Doucoure and James to finish 8th. We brought them in specifically to have an immediate impact. I really really doubt Moshiri's idea of "immediate impact" is going from 11th to 8th.

Big Carlo Samcelotti is just not up to the task with his poor decision making and dreadful football. Get out of our club you massive fraud, your 'Well of Genius' has run dry and can no longer quench our thirst.

Hopefully this time next year will see Ancelotti with more of his own players brought in and performing the way he wants them too. Everything is a bit of a 'mix and match' job at the moment as far as the players are concerned. We have a bit of a transitional 'new wine, old skins' situation going on right now and it's going to take a while to flush the system out and get everything in place and up and running exactly the way Carlo wants it.

Carlos not really arsed about the younger lads. He’s here to get results and knows his project here realistically is only short term. He’s already putting sound bites out about missing managing in the CL.
At the same time as a club we were realistically a long term project. So it makes it hard for this to work. Not that it can't, but it really is hard.

That’s a very good point. Man is in his early 60s he’s clearly not come here for long term projects. I imagine that’s not why we bought him here either. If we ain’t gonna back him it was a pointless appointment.

We backed Koeman far more. It really makes no sense to me.

Brands is the main issue. A director if football who is happy to leave gaping holes in squads every summer and refuses to use winter transfer windows.

We backed Koeman far more. It really makes no sense to me.

Brands is the main issue. A director if football who is happy to leave gaping holes in squads every summer and refuses to use winter transfer windows.

Brands works according to the framework he receives from the board. He does not sit on a pile of money, and refuses to spend it.

Carlo didn't impress me today. At one point it showed him almost shrugging at big Dunc like "what am I suppose to do". I know we've had injuries and he's made us better defensively but still seems he doesn't fully know which formation or players he really wants to play. Today just throwing on a young hungry player like Gordon may have helped energise the team or preferably if possible having some other younger players on the bench. He does seem too reliant on what he knows I.e established players like sig, and it can make you think he's only thinking short term. I'll trust him as his previous achievements don't lie but he's not getting any younger and must be frustrated,. However we all knew sig playing where he did today wouldn't work, but seemed like carlo didn't know what else to do, which is disappointing for a manager of his experience

Just said in the James thread I think he’ll be off if we don’t get top 4 this season. He only signed a two year deal and I think this was part of it. Means he can seek an easy exit if we fail to qualify. We get a small fee for him because he still
Brands works according to the framework he receives from the board. He does not sit on a pile of money, and refuses to spend it.

WTF is this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back