Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen we've lost four in 7 at home

Leeds, Newcastle and west Ham other United?

Failed to score in 3 of them, 2 of them against teams who literally cannot defend.

He's shown he knows how to get points about the "big teams" but he can't keep blaming the plays everytime we don't win against these teams as it seems to be a common thing

Bournemouth, villaz Southampton at home last season as well we're pathetic.

Been some really really bad results at home since lockdown began which the players are lucky for

Just seen we've lost four in 7 at home

Leeds, Newcastle and west Ham other United?

Failed to score in 3 of them, 2 of them against teams who literally cannot defend.

He's shown he knows how to get points about the "big teams" but he can't keep blaming the plays everytime we don't win against these teams as it seems to be a common thing

Bournemouth, villaz Southampton at home last season as well we're pathetic.

Been some really really bad results at home since lockdown began which the players are lucky for
The home form is the opposite to the away form.

The home form is the opposite to the away form.
Why have we won 7 from 4? Good going that!

Nar I know yer, weird init, we've always been historically strong at home, last more in 7 games at home this season than we had on the whole of last.

Massive improvement needed

Come on be honest if this lot finish anywhere near the top 4 it will be not only a miracle but an embarrassment to English football
I wouldn't go that far, although i do agree that outside the likes of Richarlison Rodriquez and Calvert Lewin, that the squad needs a lot of working on. We will not get another manager with a CV like Ancelottis, so if his tenure here ends up as a failure, then that would be pretty effing depressing!

I'm more concerned if he doesn't get more of his own players in soon, the good ones we do have will want out.

Just said in the James thread I think he’ll be off if we don’t get top 4 this season. He only signed a two year deal and I think this was part of it. Means he can seek an easy exit if we fail to qualify. We get a small fee for him because he still has a year left on his deal. It was good while it lasted though.

I get where you are coming from, but you can’t deny, this season he’s been poor. I don’t think he is in our top five or six performers. DCL, James, Doucoure, Allan, Kean, Digne and Godfrey all arguably better this season.

He doesn't look like he suits Ancelotti’s system to me. We‘re so slow building up that he never gets to run in behind defenders.

I’d prefer it if he could rediscover his form, I’m just pointing out that this season he’s a passenger. It happens sometimes and you have a decision to make. Persevere, or sell.

He has been poor since coming back after his suspension. First few games, playing as a proper wide forward in a functional 4-3-3, he looked very good.

In fairness lots of people on here we’re calling for a return to the flying fullbacks and attacking football after the Leicester game. Now there’s criticism for changing it. It’s all symptoms of the same thing. The squad is not good enough. Not enough options for Carlo tactically, not enough options to change the game in match, not enough competition amongst the players, just not enough. Richarlison’s competition is a 19 year old kid, DCL doesn’t have any, Siggurdson can keep getting in the team because of injuries.

We need Allan back, Gbamin back but even then at least three more players in the midfield are because if the first choice three are Allan Docuoure James, then the first sub in almost each circumstance is Sigurdsson and that’s just not good enough.

He’a trying to juggle this jigsaw piece where too many just keep failing at the wrong times. Would have been a really good week for Iwobi to turn up but he didn’t, or maybe Gomes to look strong from the bench but not. Apart from James, Godfrey, Holgate, Docuoure, Keane Mina, there’s barely any players that we can rely on to perform at even an average level each week. Iwobi could well win us the game against Leeds just as easily as he could shank his first three touches out of play.

Carlo has made a load of mistakes as well but I can’t help but feel he’s got half a train set here and i honestly can’t give you a single name that could do better with this bunch of players. I’m sure Carlo would love to bin off Coleman Sigurdsson Gomes but who can he turn to to replace them? Kenny, Bernard and Davies who might be even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back