Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just said in the James thread I think he’ll be off if we don’t get top 4 this season. He only signed a two year deal and I think this was part of it. Means he can seek an easy exit if we fail to qualify. We get a small fee for him because he still has a year left on his deal. It was good while it lasted though.
He signed a two year deal with the club having the option to extend it. He's going nowhere and certainly not for a small fee. He's going to get extended.

No idea what his offensive tactics are. Good defensively, not impressed with the attacking side of things to date.
He's got decent tools to work with too. It isn't really acceptable to say James being out means we can't create anything but when he's in we can. That's James being great not management.

What is the point in only naming 8 and two keepers, is it a statement to the board that he needs signings? He’s been backed more than majority of the league this year due to covid. Shudders me to think if he was told he couldnt sign anyone till we had sold. We’d be fearing relegation

it’s an absolute slap in the face to the youngsters. I can imagine not trusting them to come on but to basically indicate to onyango, small etc that a third keeper or NO ONE is more useful than you is kind of damaging

Sigurddson playing the full 90 there was a shocking call, and not even contemplating Gordon to try and bring some dynamism was also infuriating.

we looked bereft of ideas in attack

i still back him of course but theres a stubbornness there that’s frustrating

....wonder about the need for two GKs on the bench & wonder if there‘d be more value in giving fringe youngster who trains with the squad some genuine matchday experience.
Surprising. Should have one of the youngster sitting on the bench. Or was the 8 subs a metaphor indicating we need new players?

What is the point in only naming 8 and two keepers, is it a statement to the board that he needs signings? He’s been backed more than majority of the league this year due to covid. Shudders me to think if he was told he couldnt sign anyone till we had sold. We’d be fearing relegation

it’s an absolute slap in the face to the youngsters. I can imagine not trusting them to come on but to basically indicate to onyango, small etc that a third keeper or NO ONE is more useful than you is kind of damaging

Sigurddson playing the full 90 there was a shocking call, and not even contemplating Gordon to try and bring some dynamism was also infuriating.

we looked bereft of ideas in attack

i still back him of course but theres a stubbornness there that’s frustrating

The whole bizarre thing is Ancelotti has repeatedly said he’s happy with the squad he has available and that the only business we will be doing is outgoings. So I’m not sure he’s trying to make a point.

But I find it hard to believe he can truly be happy with what he has available when he looks at the bench today and has no alternative attacking players to chose from.

It’s madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back