Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concerning thing is how we don’t seem capable of opening teams up at all. Goals are from corners, dead balls etc. On the flip side is they all count but doesn’t seem sustainable for a team wanting to get top 6.

Ive been livid about today’s result and for me it felt a lazy and disjointed performance. However, I do also feel that over the past 2/3 months every team in the league seems to have stalled in their attacking play, cramped fixture list with no pre season etc and not sure if it’s finally taking a toll on attackers who aren’t playing at 100 mph anymore. Seen a stat about Uniteds form against the top 6 where they’ve not scored since against any of them since Spurs and conceded one penalty to Arsenal. Every game I watch seems so tight apart from the odd Leeds game and this league will be decided by the finest of margins, so I don’t want to get too critical in terms of our attacking play, feels like a lot of teams are stuttering at times and just grinding results out no matter how, but means no one is massively consistent apart from City who seem to win every game 1/2-0.

Newcastle are so bad though and some of the players today were a joke, just trying to remain rational that the odd result like today will happen.

Well Carlo did say that he’d know where we were after the games against Leicester and Newcastle.

One word probably sums it up

Europa. The aim this season.
To have the ability to be in the Champions League spots with a simple win over Newcastle and we're "settling" for Europa. So, 6th. Beacuse 7th is that "BRAND NEW" tourney nobody has even seen now.

I don't think there's any way to get 6th with what we are being served up. Defensively we look good. Anything going forward is like going to the dentist and having work done without novocain.

To have the ability to be in the Champions League spots with a simple win over Newcastle and we're "settling" for Europa. So, 6th. Beacuse 7th is that "BRAND NEW" tourney nobody has even seen now.

I don't think there's any way to get 6th with what we are being served up. Defensively we look good. Anything going forward is like going to the dentist and having work done without novocain.
Of course I want CL but I do think if we are getting it we would have beaten the like in Leeds, West Ham and Newcastle at home. These are the games we have to win.

Agree, it’s the offensive side of the performances which make you want to jab your own eyes out with rusty coat hangers. Yet we only had Allan missing yesterday who would have improved the starting XI (or Godfrey).

It’s all very dependant on Rodriguez as Richy is way off form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back