Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point he is going to have to develop a consistent way of passing and creating chances or we just become a well funded version of Burnley trying to not concede and nick it from a moment of brilliance or a set play. We can go back to the 4 CBs if we want to but we just need to be honest about where that leaves us as a club. It isn't a great place to be even if we do have decent runs of results.

We are a far better side without attacking full backs. We were awful offensively and defensively with them today. It was appalling to watch us get rinsed all day by long pumps to Wilson in the channel.

Everyone shouting for Digne and Coleman has to have seen the mess it caused today. Digne was made to look like a boy against Wilson, it was painful to watch. I was embarrassed for him at times. Coleman is just a shadow of what he was, its pretty sad to see.

We’ve tried keeping players for ever and it hasn’t worked. Coleman should have been replaced a few seasons ago.

Squads need refreshing. No one should be untouchable. He has not looked right all season. There may be some underlying reason for that which we dont know, perhaps Carlo will sort it. But I think his performances, coupled with his comments in summer suggest to me that he wants to move on. I’m ok with that if we get a good fee, because at the moment, he is not performing at the level we know he can. He can be one of our biggest threats, But he’s not shown it this season.

You get nowhere by constantly selling your best players and having to rebuild every two seasons.

Seen it with Rom. Seen it with Gueye. Seen it with Fellaini. Etc etc.

I do think I was very hasty in bashing Ancelotti earlier in the season but it’s more out of being desperate for some sort of success.

I just think we’re all waiting for that moment when everything feels like it’ll click.

It’s impossible to go into any game with confidence as an Evertonian because we pull this crap literally every season.

I'm madly more confident about us playing Leeds on Wednesday than I was about today's game.

Nobody is taking pleasure in us losing and turning in performances like today just to be proven right.
Everybody is also aware of his impressive CV.
I’ve no idea why you would think otherwise.

Reading some of the posts I’d have to disagree Thomas with your first point. The second point I don’t believe I’ve said people aren’t aware of his career.

The problem you are having, is you are reading posts like mine and believing it’s having a go at anybody who has any criticism of the manager

I read plenty posts talking about tactics in this or that match, or people unhappy with this or that, that don’t bother me. They just don’t interest me. I don’t see anything this season that bothers me or worries me enough to give it a second thought.

It’s the other types that get the reaction. The silly Potato poster for example has been gunning for our manager all week. And I think that’s just dumb and childish. You can clearly see the exact type of fan that will not take much to actually be calling for his head, and then you come in and complain about people shutting down criticism. When somebody mentioned earlier about turning on him, I don’t think it’s a joke....you can read between the lines on lots of the posts and see how quickly they will be demanding another sacking.

Overall I cannot understand how quickly people forget how crap we have been for years. Hiring crap managers. Playing crap. Sacking crap managers. Hiring more crap managers. Playing more crap. Sacking and hiring. There’s too many who realise we need more patient long term thinking, but still lose the head as soon as we dare to still be a bit crap and drop points.

But for me it’s not an Everton fan thing, it’s just a stupid person thing. We should all know this club is not a quick fix thing.

Put bluntly to these types, I would say stfu and wait until at least end of next season and see where we are :)

Everton capitulate when there's a game with a chance to kick on as a club?
snape.webp

We are a far better side without attacking full backs. We were awful offensively and defensively with them today. It was appalling to watch us get rinsed all day by long pumps to Wilson in the channel.

Everyone shouting for Digne and Coleman has to have seen the mess it caused today. Digne was made to look like a boy against Wilson, it was painful to watch. I was embarrassed for him at times. Coleman is just a shadow of what he was, its pretty sad to see.
I honestly don’t think we looked much different, we just didn’t get away with it in a tight game like we have in others. Have a look what people were saying about Godfrey and holgate at Half time in the wolves game, it wasn’t pretty. Fast forward 45 minutes, we’ve won, and they’re being hailed as ‘the wall’. It’s just reactionary. Win = everyone was brilliant, lose = everyone was awful.

Did they actually have anything come from Wilson pulling wide? I've seen the comment said a few times but I don't remember any actual chances coming from it.

The thing for me is we're not actually a good side without the fullbacks, just a lucky one. Recognizing that is important to getting better.

I'm madly more confident about us playing Leeds on Wednesday than I was about today's game.
100% just said the same thing.

This next tough run of games I expect us to do well in as we won’t have the added pressure of any expectation of winning.

It’s embarrassing for the players that they seemingly can’t cope with being the favourite when it matters.

I honestly don’t think we looked much different, we just didn’t get away with it in a tight game like we have in others. Have a look what people were saying about Godfrey and holgate at Half time in the wolves game, it wasn’t pretty. Fast forward 45 minutes, we’ve won, and they’re being hailed as ‘the wall’. It’s just reactionary.
Yep exactly. We need to figure out how to not always play tight games. If dropping Digne is the answer then fine, I doubt it is. Especially as Richarlison is creating nothing.

You get nowhere by constantly selling your best players and having to rebuild every two seasons.

Seen it with Rom. Seen it with Gueye. Seen it with Fellaini. Etc etc.

But we all know its still very likely we will lose players if we dont improve.

The sales are the main reason I dont have much faith in Moshiri getting it right. He talked a good game but immediately sold Stones and Lukaku, 2 legitimately top players.

You can only judge based on actions. We sold a 25 goal a year player. If we don't improve, players will ask to leave, and we'll sell again.

3 or 5 year projects are a myth in football. You need to win the next game and build from there. This is the big chance and we are blowing it. Next year could very easily be much harder with us miles further away from being competitive.

Part of does wonder if the decision to play Pickford today was the wrong one. I appreciate supporting the player, but the message it potentially gives to the rest of the team, who were so steadfast against Leicester, is that mistakes and mediocrity are acceptable if you're in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back