Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which isn’t the truth because we have the same point as the 6th place team at this point. Playing certain type of football means success is nonsense. We had seen this under Martinez and Silva.
I don't think he necessarily means playing defensively as much as he means playing poorly and hoping we get lucky. What we're doing is way too much of that to expect it to last forever.

I don't think he necessarily means playing defensively as much as he means playing poorly and hoping we get lucky. What we're doing is way too much of that to expect it to last forever.
In the end getting wins and 3 points are priority. I just don’t get this attacking pretty football nonsense. We have a world class manager with one of the best cv and people are actually questioning his ability.

In the end getting wins and 3 points are priority. I just don’t get this attacking pretty football nonsense. We have a world class manager with one of the best cv and people are actually questioning his ability.
We can play defensively if Carlo wants, we still have to play better than we have been to keep the results up. We've been on the end of a lot of good fortune.

Which isn’t the truth because we have the same point as the 6th place team at this point. Playing certain type of football means success is nonsense. We had seen this under Martinez and Silva.
Subjectively, we do not play very good football, and most indicators show that we have received far more points than expected.

Manchester City, Liverpool and Manchester United we can forget to compete with. Chelsea will eventually pick up enough points to get to 4th place. Leicester I think is a far better team than us, and they have a point lead over us. I'm pretty sure Arsenal will start picking up far more points. Tottenham, here I'm unsure, and it's pretty open between us and them. Aston Villa has a pretty solid team, and a good system. But here I am again unsure.

So if I have to guess, I think the table will be like this:

1) Manchester City
2) Liverpool
3) Manchester United
4) Chelsea
5) Leicester
6) Arsenal
7) Tottenham
8) Everton
9) Aston Villa
10) West Ham

Just out of interest, as you have laughed at his comment, do you actually think we play decent football?
We get alright points tally for the time being. Some great wins away from home cancel out the bad home form. Of course we must improve against these lower table teams at home.

Subjectively, we do not play very good football, and most indicators show that we have received far more points than expected.

Manchester City, Liverpool and Manchester United we can forget to compete with. Chelsea will eventually pick up enough points to get to 4th place. Leicester I think is a far better team than us, and they have a point lead over us. I'm pretty sure Arsenal will start picking up far more points. Tottenham, here I'm unsure, and it's pretty open between us and them. Aston Villa has a pretty solid team, and a good system. But here I am again unsure.

1) Manchester City
2) Liverpool
3) Manchester United
4) Chelsea
5) Leicester
6) Arsenal
7) Tottenham
8) Everton
9) Aston Villa
10) West Ham

Leeds & Villa will finish above our losers.

I think it's remarkable to be where we are with this quad, we only have 5 maybe 6 good players.

1) Manchester City
2) Liverpool
3) Manchester United
4) Chelsea
5) Leicester
6) Arsenal
7) Tottenham
8) Everton
9) Aston Villa
10) West Ham
I don’t get this good football thing it’s absolutely nonsense. We win then it’s good football. I also don’t understand this we received far more points than expected stuff. I expect wins against Leeds, West Ham and Newcastle at home but lost. I expect defeat away from home at Spurs, Leicester and Wolves but won.

I support and love Carlo. It takes time for him to build stuff here. He may make some mistakes throughout the season but he is a world class manager I don’t see why we can complain when we had some dreadful managers in the last decade or so.

What is it that indicates that we are going to get in the top 6, apart from the fact that Carlo is Carlo? I would have loved to have the same optimism as you, and it would therefore be useful to know what it is based on.
Top 4 is not achievable with this play but I wouldn't say top 6 isn't. We beat Chelsea/Arsenal/Leicester/Sheff United and lost to an absolute spawny goal from West Ham playing this way. Playing this way isn't sustainable but I think it works best currently for this team and players..

1) Manchester City
2) Liverpool
3) Manchester United
4) Chelsea
5) Leicester
6) Arsenal
7) Tottenham
8) Everton
9) Aston Villa
10) West Ham
Personally I believe in Villa more than Arsenal or Spurs but the important thing is there are legitimately 9 teams that can still finish ahead of us. Nothing is certain.

I do not question his ability. I have said quite explicitly that 8th place is as expected. On the other hand, I criticize the way we play football, and can not see that we have developed in the right direction in terms of play.

The same criticism is leveled at Mourinho at Spurs, and he is also considered one of the managers of all time. But the difference here is that Mourinho's system is rational, in the sense that they focus on fast counterattacks. In the long run, I also do not think his system generates enough points to challenge the top 4.

I do not question his ability. I have said quite explicitly that 8th place is as expected. On the other hand, I criticize the way we play football, and can not see that we have developed in the right direction in terms of play.

The same criticism is leveled at Mourinho at Spurs, and he is also considered one of the managers of all time. But the difference here is that Mourinho's system is rational, in the sense that they focus on fast counterattacks. In the long run, I also do not think his system generates enough points to challenge the top 4.
Carlo will prove you wrong mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back