Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want us to be playing a better game with confidence instead of grinding it out which is what I’m seeing now
Carlo and Brands inherited a mishmash of generally poor players with no confidence and no direction
Only 3 of Carlo's players started tonight and we were without his most important signing
Give him the time and money to build a squad in his fashion and we will see a different style of play
He inherited Naisse ,Tosun ,Bolasie ,Besic ETC
We now have James Rodriguez playing for Everton
Say that last sentence 3 or 4 times and let it sink in
In Carlo we trust

Carlo Ancelotti doesn't bring you beautiful football he brings you lots of wins resulting in trophies and high league positions.

Unfortunately some of our fans are not happy with just winning, but now we have to win in style. Pffft
We are Everton, a club that's been in the wilderness for decades and deprived of any silverware and we think we should be blowing teams away.

Right now there is no other manager in the world football who I'd rather have at this club with the players we have to work with.

Milan played some lovey counter attacking football at times. I don’t think it’s his teams generally not playing good football I think the problem he has at our club at the moment is he’s squeezing blood from stones with about 60% of the players. We don’t really have a balanced team at the moment, having to play a lot of players out of position and our right side is completely dis functional and has been for far too long. I think once we improve that area in the summer, get a new right back and new right sided midfielder in the Richy mould we will be a much better side and it will be more enjoyable to watch.

Milan played some lovey counter attacking football at times. I don’t think it’s his teams generally not playing good football I think the problem he has at our club at the moment is he’s squeezing blood from stones with about 60% of the players. We don’t really have a balanced team at the moment, having to play a lot of players out of position and our right side is completely dis functional and has been for far too long. I think once we improve that area in the summer, get a new right back and new right sided midfielder in the Richy mould we will be a much better side and it will be more enjoyable to watch.
Exactly this. IMO it's an amazing job he's doing having this squad where it is in the table.

I think the poster was saying it in a good way mate. Things are much better than last season and we still have a game in hand. Honestly that win last night will do wonders for our confidence at home. Honestly think if we’d got a second we would have won comfortably afterwards, it’s a massive step in the right direction.

I think I misread it, I think, being very tired while reading it I read "we are 6 points worse off than at this point last season". For some reason my brain at 7am didn't tell me "That can't be possible, re read it again you sod"

@blulouie ignore my original reply.

Carlo will improve the football as we go along, what we are seeing now is the counterbalance for conceding 2 a game at the start of the season even though we were winning, you're reliant on the strikers scoring 3 a game, hard to do, so Don Carlo has decided to stop conceding goals and and hoping to grind it out.

That's two very distinct styles of football and both have contributed to where we are, in the hunt for CL, with West Ham may I add, who are doing well. Anyway an Italian coach was probably having kittens conceding two a game so here we are. It will get better as we go along for now it's substance over style.

Carlo and Brands inherited a mishmash of generally poor players with no confidence and no direction
Only 3 of Carlo's players started tonight and we were without his most important signing
Give him the time and money to build a squad in his fashion and we will see a different style of play
He inherited Naisse ,Tosun ,Bolasie ,Besic ETC
We now have James Rodriguez playing for Everton
Say that last sentence 3 or 4 times and let it sink in
In Carlo we trust

Call me weird but for me Allan was Carlo's most important signing. James is probably the better player but Allan was more needed, if that makes sense.

I agree with everything though. The mess MB has had to sort out, the players CA is having to deal with. in 2/3 years time the quality will be there and CA will have us up there.

Just to add to this.

Overall attacking areas this season....
D6176554-B826-4421-99-AB-069-E2-AC13-A34.jpg

Against Saints last night....
94-AA613-C-0-CA0-411-C-AF97-D3106-F14-CF0-F.jpg

We are so deprived on that right wing it’s ridiculous. Can you image the chances we could create if we were able to have outlets from both wings? Needs to be a priority for Carlo this summer 100%.

Carlo Ancelotti doesn't bring you beautiful football he brings you lots of wins resulting in trophies and high league positions.

Unfortunately some of our fans are not happy with just winning, but now we have to win in style. Pffft
We are Everton, a club that's been in the wilderness for decades and deprived of any silverware and we think we should be blowing teams away.

Right now there is no other manager in the world football who I'd rather have at this club with the players we have to work with.

Bingo.

His style is winning football matches.

He’s simply the best manager in world football, had he gone to Arsenal they would be 2nd and right behind City. He never sticks to one formation or tactic like other managers. He massively improves players.
DCL
Richarlison the last few games
Tom

Would James have signed for Everton with any other manager?

last 2 games 6 points 3 goals scored 0 conceded and 2 clean sheets, something we struggled to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back