Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting the defence right is key to building a successful team.

Yes, you can try to go and out score the opposition, but that eventually catches up with you.

He deserves huge credit for sorting out the shambles that was our defence... Especially set pieces

An interesting turn of phrase from the Boss man there! Maybe he is spending too much time with Jurgen?!
carlo.png

So we are completely over winning at Anfield after 22 years of hurt. All because we lost against Southampton. One game takes away from that achievement?

Wait hang on we won again last night. 2 points off 4th with a game in hand. WTF is going on in here.

The vibes people are putting out there after winning at Anfield and winning the follow up game. I am still buzzimgnover Anfield I can't even obsorb this latest victory. How can you actually be in a bad mood. If we lose against wba its thier fault. Poisoning the collective consciousness and you just know they be in here full of bluster with 'i told you so.

Odd way to support a team.

I'm a big fan of Ancelotti. However, I dont think that comment about wanting to "touch top 4" is particularly helpful to us.

It may be seen as taking pressure off a team that hasn't been able to shoulder the burden of expectation. But we should be hearing the manager saying something like: 'we might not be favourites to make top 4, but in the past we've seen the club in the top 4 many times; so why not at the end of the season?'

In short: dont set the bar too low. I get the feeling Ancelotti is shooting for a EL place; do that with these players and they'll get you mid-table.

The vibes people are putting out there after winning at Anfield and winning the follow up game. I am still buzzimgnover Anfield I can't even obsorb this latest victory. How can you actually be in a bad mood. If we lose against wba its thier fault. Poisoning the collective consciousness and you just know they be in here full of bluster with 'i told you so.

Awkward

Very very odd. It’s even got to the point of complaining about how we’re winning. When we win we’ve ‘edged’ a poor game yet when we lose in a game that I genuinely consider us to be edged out of (West Ham, Leeds for example losing in the last minute) its all ‘we got outclassed, battered, played off the park’ etc. It’s embarrassing.

The truth is that yes we’ve played badly at times this season but has anyone beaten us by more than 2 goals? Meanwhile most other premier league teams including United and Liverpool have heavy defeats against them, most of them quite a few. It’s because we’ve got a baseline core of defensive solidity that Ancelotti has built. That leads to confidence and consistency, better results, higher league placings, European football, trophies.

If some can’t see the benefit of that and would rather support Leeds or Brighton so that the kopite media establishment can tell them 24/7 how hipster their manager is and pat them on the head for being in the bottom half and no threat whatsoever then they can do. I’d rather have the manager who beats them at their own ground, and is battling them for a top 4 position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back