2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Games missed through injuries and suspensions in the league this season.

Allan - 11
Coleman - 10
Digne - 10 (1 suspension)
James - 6
Holgate - 6
Mina - 4
Richy - 3 (3 suspension)
DCL - 3
Doucoure - 2 (1 suspension)
Thing is with our squad depth being so light, a lot of players seemed to have been playing with niggles, probably more we don’t know about.

Carlo said DCL had around Christmas/new year and I don’t think he was 100% for the derby. James has played when probably 50% fit in a few games. I think that’s massively altered the way we play just because we can’t afford to be running around the pitch and pressing more in case a muscle goes and someone else is out for two weeks, and we’ve been more pragmatic in our performances.

He definitely missed the Sheffield Utd game as well I think. Possibly 5 or 6 league games
He did, I’ve missed the last two games off. So he’s missed 8 in the league.

Newcastle A

Chelsea (H)

Leicester (A)

Arsenal (H)

Sheffield U (A)

Saints (H)

WBA (A)

Chelsea (A)

Allan - 11
Coleman - 10
James - 6
Holgate - 6
Mina - 4
Richy - 3 (3 suspension)
DCL - 3

surely James has missed more than 6, he took the whole of December off for a start. And missed the last 3.

Allan - 11
Coleman - 10
James - 6
Holgate - 6
Mina - 4
Richy - 3 (3 suspension)
DCL - 3

It is a poor record. The one that stands out is nothing to do with fitness, Richy!

I do get the injury issue, but the back 4 yesterday had kept 3 clean sheets on the bounce. And when we beat Chelsea in the reverse fixture, the only difference from that defence is mina out for digne who was injured last time.

The midfield last time against them was allan, doucoure and siggy, so James was out then as well. So only 2 changes, mina and doucoure. And gomes was actually part of the team that we all see as our best 11 from when we were beating teams for fun at start of season. But doucoure clearly was a huge miss. I think Davies would have been better than gomes but clearly wasn't fit enough.

I love carlo, but all 11 players failed to turn up yesterday and some of that has to be down to him not firing them up in the right way. That happens, and doesn't take away from the fact that he has got it right the majority of the season. Its not one issue of just injuries, its a multitude of things that led to us not performing.
You can’t discount the fact that Chelsea are a totally different team. With a full squad.
we won the last 3 games as you say with a clean sheet but Chelsea are well on form and playing well

Yes will be interesting to see how ancelotti and brands build the team moving forward.

Midfield is key for me, you have to be very strong there.

Rumours from Italy that Carlo wants to play a 4321 system? Who knows. Chelsea are playing something similar but Witt a back 5. They have their 2 best flair players behind the main striker.

Hudson odoi and havertz last night and mount & zieych v Liverpool. And still have pulisic. Which is utterly ridiculous. The strength in depth they have

Moved this here...

I think if we go with any formation it has to mean 2 up front so we can play DCL and Richarlsison together.

Then its a case of either focusing on the centre or bringing in wingers/wide forwards.

Typically, centre midfield is where the game is won. Id probably focus on building a team like the diamond he had in Milan first.

Move on unwanted players, bring in a right back and focus on a central 4. We already have Davies, Doucoure and Allan as well as Sigurdsson and James.

For me, id say we bring in the right back and sign 2 potential superstars in the centre and focus on that strength.

We can always adapt this in another seasons time by adding wide players once we have more money to spend.

Moved this here...

I think if we go with any formation it has to mean 2 up front so we can play DCL and Richarlsison together.

Then its a case of either focusing on the centre or bringing in wingers/wide forwards.

Typically, centre midfield is where the game is won. Id probably focus on building a team like the diamond he had in Milan first.

Move on unwanted players, bring in a right back and focus on a central 4. We already have Davies, Doucoure and Allan as well as Sigurdsson and James.

For me, id say we bring in the right back and sign 2 potential superstars in the centre and focus on that strength.

We can always adapt this in another seasons time by adding wide players once we have more money to spend.

How many successful teams over the past 10 years have played 2 up top? Leicester are possibly the only side and that was a big anomaly. To fit both DCL and Richarlison in we need to have Richy out wide, with another wide player (preferably with some speed) the other side of DCL.

No more nonsensical than suggesting people are rats for having different opinions.

sorry Mr Magoo but I don’t really think you are genuine. There are plenty posters discussing concerns about little things here and there, you come across as either absolutely dying to go full on negative but are waiting until we lose a couple OR on a windup. Just my take from what youve posted. It’s very telling to bracket off other fans as Carlo Supporters as if it’s some kind of extreme position

one poster called another a rat, I would go check the subjects posting history before blithely passing it off as being as simple as being insulted for having a differing opinion, and it’s a bit of a weak defense unless you find common ground with said poster?

I don’t think anybody is blindly supporting right now, however many are not so concerned about us being less than perfect this season and will wait to see what he will build

Let's face it, DCL and Richarlison is not 'a partnership'. There is absolutely no chemistry between them. DCL lacks the vision to lay the ball off to Richarlison, while Richarlison is being played far too wide. In fact generally there are no partnerships within the structure of the team, with the developing exception of Godfrey-Keane pairing. Oh for a Baines-Pienaar left sided link, or a Steven-Stevens pair on the right. The best hope we've got in this regard is a Holgate-Coleman pairing on the right and Nkoukou-Digne on the other flank. At the very least this would give us more energy and drive than we've shown since beyond the opening stage of the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back