Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo did brilliant today though didn't he? He still warrants criticism when he deserves it.
Totally agree that nobody is above criticism,
Carlo did brilliant today though didn't he? He still warrants criticism when he deserves it.
Totally agree nobody is above criticism, however we were under strength and I dont get that some on here think that we have a divine right to 3 points simply because it is Newcastle. They have had some decent performances this season

I worry that either him or Davide have slacked on the tactics the last 2 weeks

Southampton play a high line and get cut through like butter with pace so he played Siggurdsson and Iwobi who are slugs

Newcastle sit back and try win 1-0 every week through dodgy ref decisions or goals from set pieces so he plays no attacking players bar DCL and played right into there hands.

1 poor game is acceptable but 2 is poor - they need to just go back to basics when our main players are out - 442 and play direct and aggressive.
Think if Tosun was fully fit he might have gone 442.

Given that we had key players out, nonetheless Carlo is to blame for a disastrous formation with players who had no clue what they were supposed to do. Hence the tippy tappy at the back.

Think if Tosun was fully fit he might have gone 442.

But again though surely Simms or Gordon even Siggurdsson playing off Calvert Lewin with Doucoure and Allan the midfield 2 is more effective than what they have dished out these last 2 weeks.

Yes we are missing key players but he's been schooled twice in a row by Hassanhuttl and now Steve Bruce.

Even with the crap in the squad had he set his tactics up right both those games could have been atleast draws rather than defeats certainly today.

But again though surely Simms or Gordon even Siggurdsson playing off Calvert Lewin with Doucoure and Allan the midfield 2 is more effective than what they have dished out these last 2 weeks.

Yes we are missing key players but he's been schooled twice in a row by Hassanhuttl and now Steve Bruce.

Even with the crap in the squad had he set his tactics up right both those games could have been atleast draws rather than defeats certainly today.
I’d agree although I wouldn’t have Sigurdsson anywhere near the pitch if I had the choice.

Carlo had a poor game today. I have tried as hard as I can to find a rational reason for bringing on Iwobi and Tosun but I can't.

I'm made up we have Carlo and I think he is doing a great job, but, he fecked up today. I understand the problem with our lack of quality away from the first choice team, but, if Iwobi and Tosun as subs are the answer, then the question must have been very stupid.

To be fair to Bernard I think the club rejected a bid from Roma for him. Think he would have gone.
Fair point, it’s even worse then isn’t it - does Carlo talk to Brands? Why didn’t we get shot and replace with someone that Carlo would actually play or thought could do a job? Instead we’ve let Kean go and handicapped Carlo further by keeping players that we know he doesn’t want to play - even when we had the chance to get them out. Mad.

Totally agree that nobody is above criticism,

Totally agree nobody is above criticism, however we were under strength and I dont get that some on here think that we have a divine right to 3 points simply because it is Newcastle. They have had some decent performances this season

Newcastle can be a difficult team to beat, and it is not just a matter of going to get 3 points. What is worrying, and as we saw in the match against Southampton as well, is how little trouble we create for the opponent. It was also a trend that we saw last season as well. It looks like we have not trained on any offensive patterns, and our game is very one-dimensional.

Ok, JR has come in to give us some creativity, but it's more of an individual skill, than a collective. Admittedly, Ancelotti has adjusted a bit, so that JR plays with great freedom, and we push the backs high up - something that AD must take the consequence of. If we look at the statistics, we have also started well, but in recent matches the trend has been declining. So we will see in the coming matches, if this was just a bluff, or if this is a more general trend.

We’ve broken one of the best managers of all time.

What our name !!!

Carlo is doing what he has done for the last decade.

He is a nice guy whom players relate to and want to play for. He goes in and the results initially pick up. That goodwill doesn't last though because he is tactically out dated and doesn't believe in intense training sessions.

A good first season has been followed by a downturn in fortunes that has resulted in him being sacked. That has happened at Chelsea, Madrid, Bayern and Napoli. What we are seeing at the moment isn't Everton breaking Carlo but just history repeating itself.

I will undoubtedly get slaughtered for this post but it needs saying.

Carlo is doing what he has done for the last decade.

He is a nice guy whom players relate to and want to play for. He goes in and the results initially pick up. That goodwill doesn't last though because he is tactically out dated and doesn't believe in intense training sessions.

A good first season has been followed by a downturn in fortunes that has resulted in him being sacked. That has happened at Chelsea, Madrid, Bayern and Napoli. What we are seeing at the moment isn't Everton breaking Carlo but just history repeating itself.

I will undoubtedly get slaughtered for this post but it needs saying.

Where’s the downturn? We’ve lost 2 games out of 10 in all competitions this season and are 2nd in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back