Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannot believe the amount of bedwetters in this thread. If you've seriously considered that the club should sack Ancelotti then you need help. Look at the squad he's got. 75% of them are a waste of space whilst Carlo's record speaks for itself.

2020 Summed up. We (*some of you) have given up on the only genuine quality Manager we have had for 30+ years. Change and improvement on the scale of what was needed when he took over isn't something that can be achieved in 12 months. He needs time, he is still only Human and the Premier League is not a video game.

13/14 was his first season at Madrid he took over an exceptional team that needed a man-manager. Carlo did well and then he went backwards.

Look at his signings at Madrid. They are the core of the team that won him a CL but also won 3 in a row under Zidane.

Bale, James, Navas, Casemiro, Kroos, Isco, Carvajal

How on earth did he take them backwards?

Holgate's improvement had started under Silva, he didn't really get better in the second half of the season. I'm also not sure that we can justifiably say the centre halves have improved, and that his 2 big signings in midfield are good, when we're conceding more goals than we ever did. Keane looks individually better, but he's part of a defence that looks almost constantly in a state of panic. I think his improvement is a little overstated if i'm honest.

I don't really see the point in including the league cup games when talking about form; it adds 2 wins that we'd expect to have got in any season, it's just a stat padder. In the league we're 7th, which isn't a bad position, if we stay there i'll be relatively happy. We've probably got about the same amount of points as I would have expected from the fixtures we've had I reckon, just not necessarily picking them up in the games I would have thought. Losing 3 games on the bounce is bad though. None of last season's top 8 lost 3 in a row all season, to put it into some context. Sheffield United in 9th did it once, the last 3 games of the season. It's really not surprising that people aren't happy with the current results because it's very much midtable form, and we all want better than that.

I include hte cup games because in the past we could have easily laboured in those games. I think you'er being a bit harsh on Keane really, he has improved, but as I stated part of that is because he's in a team where the full backs aren't neccesserily upfront all game anymore, they are a bit more disciplined under CA. Under Silva for a long-period Keane was being asked to be dragged wide and that's just not a strength of his at all. I didn't say we had been spectacular in midefild, but only one of his choices are there and anotehr who has question marks too (along with whatever 3rd we already had who have proven to be crap). Re: Holgate, I disagree, Ancelotti really seems to have put some faith in him and Silva personally didn't know what his best defence was. To me he seems to have matured a bit this year, in farness Holgate stated Brands has some credit for that as he pushed to keep him and got him experience on loan.

Did any of last seasons Europa qualifiers win 7 in a row? Unlikely. We are in a bizzarre season where everyone is beating everyone.

I respect your opinion and UNDERSTAND it, I just think we have to accept we aren't going to be great or perfect until we resolve all the issues. 2 of CA's players can't resolve everything you know. We still need defensive improvements, we still need BETTER depth in the squad. We are STILL having to rely on deadwood that we have been trying to shift. I think it's hard to blame CA for performances from players who have proven time, and time again that they are not up to it.

To sum up my view as we could go in circles I think. I dont think he is unquestionable, just that we have to consider all the factors when we do question that's all. For as long as those factors are as long as the night is dark, then we have a problem. If we had a quality team and had lost 3 in a row then I'd be seriously concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back