2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree mate, still too passive but it’s definitely getting better. That side caves in few months ago. New captain makes a big difference imo.

Hoefully Allan coming back helps matters. I just think we look a better team when we have Mina Godfrey Allan in the team, they seem to be our natural leaders of the tone in which we play. Richarlison used to be one of these but seems to be off the pace this season. I feel we have too many players like Keane Docuoure Iwobi who look great when we’re playing well but when the team look poor they lose confidence and it’s bad touch after bad touch and negative cautious passing.

He knows he doesn't have the talent, so he's emphasising spirit and attitude. Canny. He'll cull half of them come summer.

He’s going to need at least two more windows to substantially improve the first team . Considering what’s gone on before his arrival and what’s in the squad, I believe he can end our ridiculous trophy drought.

Huge number of players out of contract in summer 2022.

We'll see some moves this summer window and then big changes the following...

Very exciting.

4 of our next 5 fixtures at home... I hope Carlo is able to sort out our Goodison form immediately otherwise our season could almost be over if we lose in the cup and end up with few points from these games.

I like the way Carlo uses the term ‘shy’ to describe someone that is panicking or crapping themselves. I think it plants a “I’m not shy response” in the players head, whereas if you tell someone to stop crapping themselves, it can make players crap themselves even more.

It’s great to have Carlo around isn’t it?

Tough run ahead but I really think Carlo’s getting the best out of the team.

The only player that needs to show more is Richarlison, and if we’re able to unlock his goals again we’ll finish top 4.

Allan returning should allow us to play more on the front foot too.

Let’s beat Spurs and hammer Fulham. From there the season could be our best for a long, long time.

This was the kind of match that shows how great he is. He saw that the first two United games weren't good enough and switched it, but it wasn't exactly right so he tweaked things in game too. Just a great showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back