Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your average burglar is opportunist. Window open, garage door, sheds, even front doors unlocked.
This was planned as they were after the safe.and they thought the house was empty.
I would be interested in the mode of entry.
Burglars are pure scum, they ruin peoples happy lives, invade their sanctuary. Usually for naff all. Once someone is burgled its hard to stay.
Burglars hate alarms. They hate dogs. They hate gravel drives. They hate security lights. ( and internal lights, those timer jobs are effective) Oh boy do they hate cameras. They hate decent locks( its so easy to crack a lock on the average double glazed door) They hate security patrols esp if done properly.( signage is good, but only if the company is good)
Its been a while since I worked in this area but i have always believed the punishment does fit the crime. I think first offence burlaries start with a community order.
Doesn't fit the crime!!

Happens quite often. Was a spate a while back when LFC players houses where getting done whilst they played away in Europe. LFC took out private security to watch the players houses when they play away now. Don’t know if we do the same.

Regardless If it’s a famous rich person or a poor person on minimum wage, burglars are scum bags and should be treated as such.

Your average burglar is opportunist. Window open, garage door, sheds, even front doors unlocked.
This was planned as they were after the safe.and they thought the house was empty.
I would be interested in the mode of entry.
Burglars are pure scum, they ruin peoples happy lives, invade their sanctuary. Usually for naff all. Once someone is burgled its hard to stay.
Burglars hate alarms. They hate dogs. They hate gravel drives. They hate security lights. ( and internal lights, those timer jobs are effective) Oh boy do they hate cameras. They hate decent locks( its so easy to crack a lock on the average double glazed door) They hate security patrols esp if done properly.( signage is good, but only if the company is good)
Its been a while since I worked in this area but i have always believed the punishment does fit the crime. I think first offence burlaries start with a community order.
They hate shotguns too!

If you hear a noise and it sounds like someone is trying to break into your property would you just call 911 and wait for police to arrive and find a place to hide or would you make yourself known to the burglar in the hope of scaring him away and get a weapon to defend yourself with?
Get naked Grease yourself up head to toe run at them with a rager on screaming "I've got myself a freebie " only to find out your son is having a midnight snack.

Happens quite often. Was a spate a while back when LFC players houses where getting done whilst they played away in Europe. LFC took out private security to watch the players houses when they play away now. Don’t know if we do the same.

Regardless If it’s a famous rich person or a poor person on minimum wage, burglars are scum bags and should be treated as such.
Agree, too many excuses made for these people nowadays.

I apologise for that, i just don't like this criminalisation of normal people who just go for a walk safely when we don't know the circumstances for it, they might need to get out for a number of reasons from mental health to living in a toxic house and need space or a break

But anyway, back on topic, I hope they catch the little rats, if they went straight to the safe like it's been mentioned then I'd expect that info has come from someone who has done work in the house when Carlo was moving in
I really do respect what you’re saying, Bob, and I can understand this point of view.

I think I’m a little sensitive about it all as my daughter is a front line NHS worker who, despite rigorously sticking to the regs (the rest of the family wholly supported her in this), still managed to contract Covid. She is now expecting and so has been withdrawn from front line duties, but I secretly pray there are no long term consequences.

And of course, as I mentioned in my earlier post, we lost Scott.

To give you an idea of my concern, Bob, you may recall that when this first started, Derbyshire Police took a tough stance on day-trippers to the Peak District, for which they took, I believe, a lot of unfair flack.

In response, Roger Johnson of BBC’s NW Tonight conducted an interview with the Chief Constable of Merseyside Police to canvass his force’s approach to the issue. I couldn’t believe his cavalier approach to the whole matter, while seemingly ‘humouring’ the strategy of his peer in Derbyshire. And talk about putting a spin on things: he certainly did; it certainly didn’t tally with the guidelines. I was disgusted. It was more a case of currying favour with the public rather than doing his duty as a public servant and protecting those in his charge. Believe me, Bob, I don’t like mixing a bottle for anyone, but for me it was dereliction of duty, so I raised my concerns with the Commissioner for Merseyside Police. Eventually a reply was received expressing concerns for my daughter’s well being and the usual platitudes, but the bottom line was that she wasn’t prepared to discuss the matter further with the Chief Constable, leaving him to determine the Force’s strategy for policing the pandemic. Well, not formally anyway, but I’ve no doubt he’d have been made aware and perhaps dropped a well intended hint about measuring one’s words in future? Who knows.

But there you go. Strange times perhaps require strange measures? And perhaps this leads some of us to act in ways we don’t recognise. I’ll include myself here.

Anyway, I wouldn’t fall out with you, Bob, but I thank you for your apology.

It’s obviously why you’re a top-poster, mate.

All the best.

Jonte.

Get naked Grease yourself up head to toe run at them with a rager on screaming "I've got myself a freebie " only to find out your son is having a midnight snack.
My old man did that one night I brought a girl I had fancied for months home. She was in a taxi within 10 minutes , never saw her again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back