Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
True but when you lose the core of your team and you’re then relying on the same crocks that have underperformed for two previous seasonsunder different managers, the same crocks that took us to the heights of 12th place last season, is it not coincidence that form and performances have dropped drastically?
Fingers crossed we get a "proper" season from August, which enables more time for rest and tactical work, and see where that can take us.

Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti, speaking to BT Sport:

They played better than us. They deserved to win. We were good defensively for 30 minutes. When they scored the game became difficult for us. They are a good team.

"Jordan did well. For the penalty he can do better but it doesn't change the performance. I think it was a penalty.

"The game that we planned was what we got for 30 minutes. We didn't have a lot of opportunities. Richarlison had a chance. But we have to be honest, we are not at the same level. We cannot play an open game against this kind of team. It was the plan to play the same way as we played against Liverpool, but against Liverpool we scored early.

"We are looking to fight for Europe. This is good for us. We will be there until the last game. We are disappointed for this defeat but no tragedy. We look to the next game.
Spot on

Fingers crossed we get a "proper" season from August, which enables more time for rest and tactical work, and see where that can take us.

I have no doubt in my mind what so ever that when we have the core of our team available again and the dross has been shipped out and he’s brought players that suit his idea things will be a lot brighter for us. We are a work in progress. I was the first to jump on his back stupidly after the Fulham defeat but with perspective given what he’s having to work with currently and what we have achieved so far I can’t really ask for more, he’s literally squeezing blood from stones at the moment.

Those badly criticising him, well I find it quite ironic given he’s the man who’s completely changed the fortunes for us this season. We finished 12th last season. We are currently 4 points off 4th place. Let that sink in.

Trumpian levels of devotion on display tonight, together with the usual name-calling and outraged derision for dissenters.

Yes we have a limited squad beset by injuries, but could and should be doing better. I have no particular love for Moyes, especially in light of his disrespect after the move to Man U, but does he really have a better squad at his disposal or is he trying harder? It will be interesting to see where we all end up

This season is probably a write-off, and I think Carlo sees it that way. If he can coax better results out of the run-in I will be happy enough, but I don't think it is part of a masterplan. I expect he is looking longer term. I have a few years on him and can identify with his appreciation of the reduced pressure at Everton, but I fervently hope he is serious about improving the team going forward.
A write off? In 6th, 4 points off 4th with a game in hand? I am aggrieved by the loss of Doucoure but let’s not throw the towel in.

Trumpian levels of devotion on display tonight, together with the usual name-calling and outraged derision for dissenters.

Yes we have a limited squad beset by injuries, but could and should be doing better. I have no particular love for Moyes, especially in light of his disrespect after the move to Man U, but does he really have a better squad at his disposal or is he trying harder? It will be interesting to see where we all end up

This season is probably a write-off, and I think Carlo sees it that way. If he can coax better results out of the run-in I will be happy enough, but I don't think it is part of a masterplan. I expect he is looking longer term. I have a few years on him and can identify with his appreciation of the reduced pressure at Everton, but I fervently hope he is serious about improving the team going forward.

Silly nonsense

Why come to a rivals forum? Your life that boring?
How is the season a write off? Still in the fa cup and 4 points off 4th with a game in hand?
Injuries are a problem but should be doing better? We won our last 3 games till last night
Go back to which ever team you support and stop trying to wind people up

I wonder what Carlo's end game is with us, does he feel that with better players in the next window we will be able to match these side with possession/ chances etc or is he building a side that is defensively sound and can hit counters doing the latter better

Hes always had imposing big teams, that will dominate big games

I imagine he wants to do both well, one leads to a spillover effect on the other i guess

But designed a strategy for us to do well with our current crop

Look at our squad, I mean squad not team, look where we are in the league and how we have done in the cups, cast your mind back to where we were pre Carlo. Now is Carlo doing an exceptional job? For my money yes he is. We all like nice football, but, he is pragmatic enough to realize that he has to get the best out of the limited squad he has.

He gave us nice football when we had all our best player available and in form. People still complained then that we “won’t get away with leaking goals”

He’s got a depleted squad and is squeezing everything he can out of them and getting us results and people are complaining about the way we play and again saying “we won’t get away with it”

I don’t know what more people expect really. Had we lost to Fulham or Newcastle earlier on when we had a fully fit team and the core of our better players available Id say fair is fair criticise the man because there’s zero excuses for that. I don’t think he’s immune from criticism for losing them games btw because yeah the players he did put out on paper should have at least matched those two teams but as a manager he can only do so much. Not his fault if the same turgid slugs from last season can’t put in a PL standard performance for 90 minutes.

The mad thing is when we were playing great football earlier in the season we absolutely anhiliated Moyes’ team in the league cup.

It’s no coincidence that our great football earlier in the season came to an abrupt end after the derby at home. Losing Richy for 3 games, Coleman doing his hamstring, James picking up a knock and not fully recovering then going on to miss a few more games to injury, losing Digne to suspension after Saints, then going on to get injured in training and missing nearly two months, Allan doing his hamstring coming back and then missing 3 months almost, Richy missing more games due to his ankle injury, DCL missing 3/4 games, using Godfrey and Holgate as full backs for 2 months still on going currently

Yet the football manager experts think it’s straight forward and simple.

They haven’t got a clue or have zero perspective.

We haven’t had a settled side since September.
Mate you must know by now that injuries is an excuse that only L.L.L.L.L.Liverpool can use. No one else gets injuries

Mate you must know by now that injuries is an excuse that only L.L.L.L.L.Liverpool can use. No one else gets injuries

I really don’t like us using the injury excuse if we had better alternative players available I wouldn’t have even mentioned it. I seriously highly doubt any other team in this league has worse back up players than us.

A write off? In 6th, 4 points off 4th with a game in hand? I am aggrieved by the loss of Doucoure but let’s not throw the towel in.
I only mean in terms of being able to push on with this group of players. I just get the feeling that the club still has the 'expected loss' mentality in some games.

I wonder what Carlo's end game is with us, does he feel that with better players in the next window we will be able to match these side with possession/ chances etc or is he building a side that is defensively sound and can hit counters doing the latter better

Hes always had imposing big teams, that will dominate big games

I imagine he wants to do both well, one leads to a spillover effect on the other i guess

But designed a strategy for us to do well with our current crop
He's cutting his cloth based on what he's got. Early season with a full team we could play more progressive attractive football.

Injuries and teams targeting our right side meant we had to change. Which he did effectively by tightening up defensively.

Last night we were well beaten by a very good team, which is no disgrace. But carlo will keep finding solutions to build our points tally. Then add another 3 first teamers this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back