Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it earlier Toff in the match thread when Sigurdsson came on, I said that I wasn't Davies biggest fan but when he's played next to Allan then Allan has looked so much better.

Similarly, so has Doucoure.

It's not because Davies is amazing. It's because he gives the midfield balance.

Carlo himself has said what Davies can offer and knows it. Yet ignores it. Yet drops him because he's the easy drop.

It was the simple change. Just like it was against Villa at home. And it could have, and should have, been done very early.

He's too slow to change. Too negative. That's not pragmatic, it's daft.

We need a man with an identity. Like Potter at Brighton.

He plays lovely stuff and would beat that Sheffield Utd team easily :coffee:

See I don't think we actually need a manager with an identity. But my point is there's two types of managers. I do think we have a fanbase that currently is crying out for an identity though...

Rodgers has good players. He walked into a job with good honest players. Ancelotti has won a lot with good players.
Rodgers wouldnt get a tune out of this lot. Sigurdsson cant run with a ball. Gomes cant keep pace with anyone. Doucoure grafts but he's very basic. Davies isnt good enough. Alex iwobi in bentford fc level. Rodgers wouldnt even entertain them.
Irony though. Leicesters home record this season is nearly as bad as Evertons.
Yes, he inherited some good players. But Rodgers has added well to them with the likes of Tielemanns, Castagne, Fofana and Perez. He got the best out of a player like Maddison.

He's done what all good managers should do: evolve a team that's doing ok but needs to get to the next level.

I think it boils down to this issue...

We're a club, a fanbase, and probably a squad right now, that cry out for an identity.

But, we've got a manager that does not have an identity. That's just not how he is. He's adaptable, game by game etc.

I do think those two things can work together, but whether, if you throw these players on top we currently have on top of that, it's going to get the time needed, I don't know.
My feeling right now is that we'll be throwing good money after bad handing Brands/Ancelotti transfer cash. I dont have much faith in them. I think we need a system and identity to guide us in the transfer market. Buying players without that will just end up with positions being filled...and that's always only just been the half of it.

My feeling right now is that we'll be throwing good money after bad handing Brands/Ancelotti transfer cash. I dont have much faith in them. I think we need a system and identity to guide us in the transfer market. Buying players without that will just end up with positions being filled...and that's always only just been the half of it.

If you want that you’ll have to let Brands do his actual job role. That same job role you don’t think we need. :Blink:

In 26 years as a manager Carlo has won 4 League titles. That is despite managing Juventus, AC Milan, Chelsea, PSG, Bayern and Napoli.

That is patchy.
Thats completely unfair. At Chelsea he was there for 2 years, at PSG he was there for 1 and a half, at Bayern he was there for 1 year, at Napoli he was there for 1 year. Typing 26 years just amplifies your agenda against the magnificent Carlo.

We look like a side who’s burned out.

We look like a side who were decimated with injuries, and then a side who just look devoid of any confidence.

For whatever reason, we reverted to a horrible tactic and didn’t bounce back, DCL at the start of the season never left the opposition half, now he’s camped on our 18 yard box. We’ve got no creativity, the lad is now horribly out of form.

There’s so many reasons to be annoyed, but for me there are still positives that if we invest right in the summer, we can push on. But let’s not kid ourselves this is a mid table side, snd we play like it too.
This is a top 8 side with a super star manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back