Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's stopping the players doing more if they think they need it to maintain fitness?

Every player should be handling that part themselves, not looking at making excuses because someone didn't tell me to work hard...

Yeah Robben supposedly organised higher intensity training himself.
Can you imagine Tom Davies skateboarding in telling everyone he’s organised an extra session?

Read his book mate, he's a trust builder and not a micromanager. Which is good when you have dozy but dedicated professionals, brilliant when you have intelligent, talented and driven professionals, but an absolute nightmare when you have training-ground professionals who crap their kecks when the cross the touchline.

And what happens when you break his trust? I hope he leathers them out the club

You’re all living in a fantasy land if you think the club will sign off on the notion that it’s all the players fault and that we need to sell 90% of the squad. It’s never, ever happening.

In professional football, the buck always stops with the manager - always has and always will. He’s paid a hell of a lot of money to get results and performances out of the players. And he has failed at this. Even with HIS players we still couldn’t manage a goal against a turgid Sheffield. That’s on Carlo and his system, tactics and preparation - or lack of it.

I hate most of our players, you’re all correct in saying that they’re not very good. But the manager’s performances have also been abysmal.

Both Allan and Doucoure need replacing for me. They are ok. Doucoure runs about a lot but is technically limited. I find it mental we still need a midfield. But even this new one gets dominated as soon as we try to play higher up the pitch.
Allan is quality, if he was in a big 6 team (which he'd get in) he would be get so much more recognition and credit. I agree with doucoure, he offers legs thats it (which we lack) but technically is awful and id rather have tom over him all day

This was the criticism at Bayern wasn’t it. Robben said that his son had to work harder training with the school team than he did at Bayern.

About 6 months ago i heard an interview with a reporter who covers the bundesliga. This direct question was put to him and he just laughed as he answered. He said two players at bayern. Robben and frank ribery did nothing but moan about the training methods at bayern under ancelotti and pep guardiola. They were famous for it.

You’re all living in a fantasy land if you think the club will sign off on the notion that it’s all the players fault and that we need to sell 90% of the squad. It’s never, ever happening.

In professional football, the buck always stops with the manager - always has and always will. He’s paid a hell of a lot of money to get results and performances out of the players. And he has failed at this. Even with HIS players we still couldn’t manage a goal against a turgid Sheffield. That’s on Carlo and his system, tactics and preparation - or lack of it.

I hate most of our players, you’re all correct in saying that they’re not very good. But the manager’s performances have also been abysmal.
anything is possible, us selling 10 players this summer is very unlikely but theres a chance

anything is possible, us selling 10 players this summer is very unlikely but theres a chance
There is zero chance. It’s pure fantasy thinking like that.

We’re not Man City. We don’t just snap our fingers and bring in ten very good players to replace the dross.

we need a long term vision and project - not the shambles we’re currently pretending will come to fruition just because we’ve got an old man in charge who won trophies with squads that were already full of world class and talented players.

Thats Phil gone. I blame all you bed wetters. An orgy of urine sending you in a frenzy and stepping out of line every week. Taking on mods, being xenophobic. This has to stop. Too many lost accounts of bed wetters. Please let's return to normality and dry the bed sheets.

We’re not Man City. We don’t just snap our fingers and bring in ten very good players to replace the dross.

we need a long term vision and project - not the shambles we’re currently pretending will come to fruition just because we’ve got an old man in charge who won trophies with squads that were already full of world class and talented players.

Not even City do that. It’s going to take multiple seasons to get rid of the waste, we’ll probably sign a few more bits of waste during that time as well such is the law of averages when it comes to signings.

Then, again, why did we play and score for fun at the beginning of the year with all the same players who stank out yesterday?

Salford, West Brom, Fleetwood.
My world does not end with these four walls. Slough’s a big place. When I’ve finished with Slough, there’s Reading, Aldershot, Bracknell. Didcot, Yateley. You know. Winnersh. Taplow.

im not saying we'l bring in 10 quality players but we can all dream that
we have a clear out.

A few seasons ago leicester did the great escape then won the league the following season whilst favourites to go down, 5000-1 to win the league. After reading that and taking it into consideration having a clear out of 7-10 players seems doable right? Anything can happen in football...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back